Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Scratchman Apoo
Mar 27, 2011

RBX posted:

I totally agree, I thought the vibe of the episode in general was Jet Set-ish.

That's one of the best parts. The actual best part is Kouta dicking around with his weapons trying to figure out how to use them. That's a lot of fun and Kamen Rider usually ignores that sort of thing or just has someone tell the hero to do stuff a certain way.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Scratchman Apoo
Mar 27, 2011

Rei_ posted:

edit:
-"Tasaki confirms that Gaim's first two episodes are intentionally loaded with early Heisei Rider references, says "Urobuchi's trap" quote ... Urobuchi's plan is to build up "a story most fans are used to," then "tear it down with new and surprising twists." "It's not enough to... use successful things from previous shows, it's uninteresting... you might as well watch that show instead.""

:allears:

This is getting me so hyped for Gaim it's ridiculous.

Scratchman Apoo
Mar 27, 2011

V-Men posted:

The cast chemistry is why it was so fun to watch the W Net Movies drawing contests.

The best was every time Ryu drew something and it was the worst drawing on the planet. I remember someone asking him why he drew something a certain way and completely in character he goes "Don't question me."

Scratchman Apoo
Mar 27, 2011

Dude what the gently caress he said body horror not guaranteed nightmares for life.

Scratchman Apoo
Mar 27, 2011
Even the episode with the dance teams wrapping things up and Knuckle's debut was a bunch of fun in spite of what it could have been. I love Urobuchi's style with this so much.

Scratchman Apoo
Mar 27, 2011

Kamen Rider Bravo is shaping up to be my favorite season yet.

Scratchman Apoo
Mar 27, 2011

jonjonaug posted:

No. The voices for the Sengoku drivers are done by Seiji Hiratoko (who I can't find anything on) and the Genesis Driver lines are voiced by Shinichiro Miki (has been in a shitload of things).

For Kamen Rider fans you might know him best as Sieg in Den-O.

Scratchman Apoo
Mar 27, 2011

Gotenks0053 posted:

Do you guys know where I could get a Gaim poster? I kinda want to put one behind my toku stuff display.

I only saw a few on Ebay right now, for the Gaim and Wizard crossover movie. So if you want pure Gaim you might need to wait a while.

Scratchman Apoo fucked around with this message at 01:44 on Mar 17, 2014

Scratchman Apoo
Mar 27, 2011

There are still people who think Micchy is a heroic character. I just want to put that down there.

Scratchman Apoo
Mar 27, 2011
We all know Aesir subs are ran by two identical mole monsters from the Badan empire, it should come as no surprise they're trying to make up a new language to mock us in.

I am embarrassed how happy I was to see Oren alive and well in the previews. Shine on you crazy Durian :allears:

Scratchman Apoo fucked around with this message at 20:42 on Apr 21, 2014

Scratchman Apoo
Mar 27, 2011
There's a massive potential spoiler in the dialogue with Demusha the red Overlord. It's from his translated language so if you want to avoid that, don't pay attention to this.

Right before he calls all the humans apes, he says they're "Nothing like us humans!!" So I'd say that adds a bit of a new layer to things.

Scratchman Apoo
Mar 27, 2011

Xelkelvos posted:

I'm a little crushed to see Sid go.

I hope after his death people stop taking this show for granite.

Scratchman Apoo
Mar 27, 2011

Fooley posted:

FINALLY. Is that the first episode back, or later?

EDIT: Is Kiwami Arms there just because? Micchy has never been good in a one-on-one fight. Even with an Energy driver he's had to run from most/all his fights.

It's probably there for another shot and unrelated. Just there to say "BUY OUR TOYS!"

Scratchman Apoo
Mar 27, 2011

Burkion posted:

There ya go. Kamen Rider Black, distilled to 24 episodes.

You sir are a gem, I also took your recommendation for Metalder and it's been a hell of a fun ride so far. I like it a lot.

Scratchman Apoo
Mar 27, 2011

Burkion posted:

Also holy poo poo that Invess costume Kouta was turned into is not holding up well.

I can't believe how obvious it was that the back wasn't even sealed shut. It's so cheap.

Scratchman Apoo
Mar 27, 2011

Fooley posted:

Maybe I just have an eye for detail but I also feel like the eyeholes in the neck were super obvious too.

Man now I need to watch the episode again to check it out. The whole suit was obviously not doing great. It's the same one they used for Hase's monster form so maybe that was the problem?

Man, using the monster suits over and over again even after they start falling apart is one of the best parts of toku. :allears:

Scratchman Apoo
Mar 27, 2011

Twelve by Pies posted:

Wait Kusaka was in Showa vs. Heisei too? Man now I really want to see it.

He's a massive dick, so they captured his character perfectly.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Scratchman Apoo
Mar 27, 2011

Can Of Worms posted:

Redue's breakdown was fantastic. The voice actor did a great job with the frantic, deranged screaming at the end. :allears:

There's nothing better in a series than when a character screams"I won't die like this!" but they do anyway. It's so goddamn satisfying.

• Locked thread