Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Lessail
Apr 1, 2011

:cry::cry:
tell me how vgk aren't playing like shit again
p.s. help my grapes are so sour!
I marathoned this over the past week and man it is so good. I stayed away because Wizard completely lost me, but I'm glad this is hitting all the right notes for me.

Killer Queen posted:

I hope the show spreads around some of these upgrades because, while I get why thematically, it's been extremely one-sided in Kouta's favor. I like seeing everyone getting cool as heck new forms, so I hope that changes soon. I hope Kaito receives an upgrade... and doesn't get killed by the Overlord Inves, which I'm expecting at this point. RIP Kaito. Your strength brought you places, but not far enough. Really, I'll be shocked if Kaito is living past the next 2-3 episodes, since there was endless death flags this week. Well, either that or he becomes Kouta's ally for real this time.

I want to see Sid use his S lockseed. Plus I do not think Kaito will die so soon since he's gotta meet the mysterious girl again. Now is the perfect set up too: he will get beat up real bad by the Overlord and the girl will nurse him back to health. I'm gonna guess that if he does die, it'll be protecting her.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lessail
Apr 1, 2011

Rei_ posted:

Man, i hope to god Micchy doesn't wind up being the last boss of this show.

I hope he gets punked on by an overlord and then just cries for the rest of the series :mad:

Lessail
Apr 1, 2011

What I want to know is when's Kouta gonna get that loving horse

Lessail
Apr 1, 2011

It's interesting that Kouta fell into the power trap as well. Mai was even there to talk him out of it but it didn't work! I liked how during the Rider Alliance reaction to Demushu being powered up, they kept cutting to Kouta. Maybe, just maybe, Kaito will have to cut down Kouta instead :allears:

Also where's the mysterious girl?

and where's that drat horse!?

Lessail
Apr 1, 2011

Burkion posted:

The weird thing is, I get the feeling like...Kouta is still off. I'm not sure what it is, but he still doesn't feel...

It's strange. He doesn't yet feel like an adult I guess. He's still too...soft, too... I'm really not sure how to express it. And his quest for ever more power, that seems like a very bad thing, the wrong path. A hero shouldn't actively seek power like this. Part of it I guess might just be the toy aspect of the show, gotta push those forms, but the writing seemed to say that Kouta taking this power wasn't the best idea. I hope it pays off and he can finish maturing soon.

He hasn't really changed much since his last power up, character wise.

It's almost like they're trying to provoke some parallels with Kamen Rider Kuuga and his message of power-only Kuuga was brutally honest in that regard. Power, while necessary, is not good. Much like violence. And it can result in some nasty loving poo poo. Kouta hasn't had to deal with his quest for power backfiring in his face yet, and I really hope he does because that's one of the BEST things about Kuuga. Kuuga, like Kouta, sought more power to save lives-and had so much power he accidentally NUKED A PREFECTURE TO DUST. Kouta just gets fancy new toys and it's all cool and awesome.

It's cause he doesn't have the horse yet :colbert:

Lessail
Apr 1, 2011

HKR posted:

Like I said the other day, if you think Fourze's ending is episode 48, you're wrong. Movie War Ultimatum tied everything in that series into a perfect little bow. You have to put up with some Wizard bullshit but the Fourze stuff does a great job of giving a satisfying conclusion.

Hell, the only real problem with Fourze's ending episode was the last five minutes. The "final battle" was really loving good.

Did they ever get those people out of the space station?

Lessail
Apr 1, 2011

He's never going to ride the horse, is he? :(

Lessail
Apr 1, 2011

the actual interesting part of this episode (micchy vs kaito) was barely even there

and next time kouta is going to stop it so whatevs

Lessail
Apr 1, 2011

Brother Entropy posted:

Don't tell me you weren't excited to see Kouta's....what are we up to now, 4th dramatic long lecture from someone who knows more about the situation than him that culminates in Kouta going 'I'm gonna be a hero!' and becoming more powerful.

well if he did that while riding a horse i'd be ok with it

Lessail
Apr 1, 2011

What a weird episode. Guess Kouta didn't have that resolve thing quite figured out, eh Kaito?

Lessail
Apr 1, 2011

WickedHate posted:

He did. Roshuo himself said so before Redue hosed things up.

i dunno man he hesitated really hard on using zenith form

Lessail
Apr 1, 2011

you know that it won't happen because it involves the horse :negative:

Lessail
Apr 1, 2011

Everyone has been getting rider kicks lately. Is that how they're showing that people have complete resolve?

Kaito is the best.

Lessail
Apr 1, 2011

oh man please don't have micchy getting a distraction attack in to let kouta finish kaito off

Lessail
Apr 1, 2011

we are not so different you and i - kouta to micchy

Lessail
Apr 1, 2011

Not enough of the horse in this show

Lessail
Apr 1, 2011

this episode is bad

Lessail
Apr 1, 2011

the blade break into stab was lame as hell. it seemed like the writers just up and remembered that kouta had to win and then he did so. and to cap it off there was the really bad "you are truly strong" death scene. you were beating his rear end kaito don't accept that cheating rear end motherfucker

also no horses

Lessail
Apr 1, 2011

thinking on it, these last few episodes have treated mai badly. so much for someone finding strength in doing what they can for others despite circumstances

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lessail
Apr 1, 2011

Kaito Was Right

• Locked thread