Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Liar Lyre
Jun 3, 2011

Here to deliver
~Bad Opinions~

I haven't seen anybody talk about major themes in the series yet, even if we are just one episode in. Right now, it looks like a coming of age story for Kouta. Learning about what responsibility truly is and all that stuff. I really like stories like that so I'm looking forward to more. Plus the mild sci-fi environment and somewhat mature tone are really nice.

Also, JK could out dance any one in Team Gaim.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Liar Lyre
Jun 3, 2011

Here to deliver
~Bad Opinions~

dordreff posted:

The real, foolproof way to choose a first Rider: find a bugman with a cool costume, then find out who it is. If it's Decade get new eyes, otherwise watch that series.

Truth. I found Fourze very interesting looking, lots of white. So I started watching it and now I'm moving on to OOO then W.

Liar Lyre
Jun 3, 2011

Here to deliver
~Bad Opinions~

Ok, this is going now. Still have that coming of age story, Kouta is a-dork-able, and we get more development for the secondary characters. Episode one was good, but episode two is great.

Liar Lyre
Jun 3, 2011

Here to deliver
~Bad Opinions~

Rider Kick Cake

Liar Lyre
Jun 3, 2011

Here to deliver
~Bad Opinions~

Is Kouta's sister gonna get Uncle Ben'd now? Because that was a "great power, great responsibility" moment.

Liar Lyre
Jun 3, 2011

Here to deliver
~Bad Opinions~

Plus it was for Rider hotdogs. That's.....weird. Especially for a fruit samurai to sell fish dogs

Liar Lyre
Jun 3, 2011

Here to deliver
~Bad Opinions~

Dickeye posted:

Speaking of Ryuki, I wish that was a thing someone would pick up and resub, that and Kabuto. I love watching multiple riders bounce off each other but fuuuuck TVN.

There's Kamen Rider: Dragon Knight, but that really doesn't count.

Liar Lyre
Jun 3, 2011

Here to deliver
~Bad Opinions~

I can't be the only one here who would love a Gaim fighting game. All the different riders with different weapons, it's too perfect. Maybe I'll just make some Soul Caliber characters for now.

Liar Lyre
Jun 3, 2011

Here to deliver
~Bad Opinions~

Flameingblack posted:

Pierre looks like a really fun character with plenty of depth, over just a very obnoxious stereotype like the donuts dealer was in Wizard. There's not a single person on the main cast I don't like, and at first I was worried the dance club was going to pale in comparison to the Kamen Rider Club, they very quickly made it clear they are inferior, but more than made up with it by having so many fantastic riders. Love that Acorn is a calm, collected playboy until he transforms and he's suddenly a stuttering, mumbling idiot.

Yeah, this season is incredible so far. You know what? Not even that, this is an incredible tv show. There are huge prime time dramas that aren't as good as this. Let's just hope it can at least stay half as good as the first few episodes.

Liar Lyre
Jun 3, 2011

Here to deliver
~Bad Opinions~

Monathin posted:

The filler's probably not going to happen until 12-13, since that's when they'll be pumping for Super Extremely Decisive Thank God Wizard's Over War Movie Extreme.

Also, Watermechon is great which makes me sad because I could almost hear it funneling away the show's budget the longer it showed up.

Though the commercial did show a Gyro Mode we didn't get to see used, so I imagine we'll get to see it at least once more.

Watermelon will probably be like POWER DIZER in Fourze. To bad it won't be as awesome.

Liar Lyre
Jun 3, 2011

Here to deliver
~Bad Opinions~

I watched the first two episodes for Wizard a while back and.....meh. Like there was a lot of fighting and gun play and magic but there was no reason to care. I want to say it's because they didn't even try to establish Haruto at the start. Like in the other series I watched (Fourze, OOO, Gaim) episode one is all about the hero before he gets his powers. Makes the hero relatable in some way so you want to follow his 50 something episode fight against evil. Wizard starts with Wizard. I'm sure it could work having pre established heroes, but the first episode gave me no reason to care for Haruto.

Liar Lyre
Jun 3, 2011

Here to deliver
~Bad Opinions~

Potsticker posted:

Double starts with Double. He's got all his powers and knows how to use them.

Well then, I need to watch Double stat. And it just proves that it can be done. Wizard just.... I don't know. It's just kinda a wet fart of a start.

Liar Lyre
Jun 3, 2011

Here to deliver
~Bad Opinions~

Holy crap, Kouta has a black Santa sweater.

Liar Lyre
Jun 3, 2011

Here to deliver
~Bad Opinions~

Who here seriously thought that the street dancing fruit samurai series was gonna get this serious? Because I was fully expecting a series more like Kyoryuger

Liar Lyre
Jun 3, 2011

Here to deliver
~Bad Opinions~

Blaze Dragon posted:

I have to seriously ask you how you didn't expect this, considering who's behind it, what he's taking as inspiration, and how the concept of Riders fighting against each other went in previous series.

To be completely fair and honest, I've only started getting into toku shows this year. The only other rider series I've watched is Fourze. But at a base concept level, samurai that look like oranges doesn't scream serious drama.

Liar Lyre
Jun 3, 2011

Here to deliver
~Bad Opinions~

Since we're talking Ryuki, Kamen Rider: Dragon Knight. Faithful or loose adaptation?

Liar Lyre
Jun 3, 2011

Here to deliver
~Bad Opinions~

HKR posted:

I wish someday Sabin or some other us company just decides to roll their own toku. The Power Rangers movie was actually decent and shows we can do spandex martial arts just as good.

Does Knights of Tir Na Nog count?

Or Tattooed Teenage Alien Fighters from Beverly Hills?

Liar Lyre
Jun 3, 2011

Here to deliver
~Bad Opinions~

Syrg Sapphire posted:

So, honest question, as someone going into this as their first watched KR but hearing random details of the other ones - the body horror thing a constant of the series, or just something we're hitting on for this plotline? What little details I know of some of them suggest it might come up often.

I know OOO had at least one story that involved a guy getting crazy fat and it gave me the willies.

Liar Lyre
Jun 3, 2011

Here to deliver
~Bad Opinions~

Like I needed another reason to start Double. Maybe this week I'll just power through OOO and W.

Liar Lyre
Jun 3, 2011

Here to deliver
~Bad Opinions~

Eponymous posted:

Just back-to-backed the last two episodes due to falling behind and... man. MAN.

Remember when we were all pissed about the new Kamen Rider being about loving fruit?

Yo man, fruit is serious business. I knew Kamen Rider could get dark, but not the series where the hero is a citrus.

Liar Lyre
Jun 3, 2011

Here to deliver
~Bad Opinions~

Walnut looks cool. I hope Sunflower gets something too

Liar Lyre
Jun 3, 2011

Here to deliver
~Bad Opinions~

Thurm posted:

Magenta posted the original lines on his twitter earlier : "What's your plan?" "Attack from their rear. Slipping in through the crack should provide much less resistance than a frontal assault."

Yeah. That's a line from a 90's Leslie Neilson movie.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Liar Lyre
Jun 3, 2011

Here to deliver
~Bad Opinions~

Twelve by Pies posted:

"First ever Kamen Rider and Super Sentai team-up!"

Wait, so what was episode 25 of Decade then?

What about A Friend in Need from Mighty Mophin Power Rangers!?!?

• Locked thread