Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
NotALizardman
Jun 5, 2011

So I just finished the first episode of this. I have never, ever watched a Kamen Rider show before. Not even one episode. I also think Gen Urobuchi's shows are highly overrated and have never liked any of them. A friend of mine, who is a big Kamen Rider fan, convinced me to watch by describing the show as: "the story of a young japanese man who uses a rip-off pokeball to transform into a dancing, motorcycle-riding fruit samurai".

One episode and I'm in goddamn love. Maybe it's because I'm a big mecha fan and this is just a logical step from one toy-centric genre into another. Maybe it's because Kouta transformed by having a goddamn orange fall out of a sky zipper and engulf his head. It doesn't matter, because either way I really, really like this loving show.

I actually fist-pumped when I saw the subs were up for episode two.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NotALizardman
Jun 5, 2011

It took me about twenty minutes to watch the first ten minutes of the show, because I had to keep pausing to laugh. The eyebrows thing nearly killed me. Even seeing a .gif of the eyebrows thing is killing me. I'm completely sold at this point, on Gaim and Kamen Rider in general. As excited as I was for KlK, this is probably my favorite show of the season.

tsob posted:

Your friend is probably going to have a lot of fun pushing you in to watching other entries. Have fun with them when you inevitably break and try them.

Believe me, he is. I'm already downloading Kamen Rider W at his urging. I have no idea if it's any good or not, but hey this show is already goddamn fantastic and he recommended it to me, so I'll give it a shot!

And hey, if anyone has any other recommendations for me, go ahead and throw them out there.

• Locked thread