Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Can Of Worms
Sep 4, 2011

That's not how the Triangle Attack works...
The orange on his head spinning wildly as an attack caught me by surprise. I was laughing pretty hard, I hope they throw more stuff like that in future fights. :allears:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Can Of Worms
Sep 4, 2011

My goodness, you could cut through that smugness with a knife. :allears:

Can Of Worms
Sep 4, 2011

Pierre is awesome, Bravo's design is awesome, I only wish we could have gotten a reaction out of Kouta eating his cake. :( Gaim has had a great early set of episodes so far, it's great how the mindless Invess monsters have been swept under the rug for now. Every adversary has a personal motivation for fighting. It's the same reason I love the villains of W!

I'm interested in seeing where they go with all this. From the series I've watched, the final villains of Kamen Rider are usually monsters when they are separate from humans (Kabuto, Kiva, OOO, e.g.) but this looks more like it's heading towards a rider royale. The plot so far makes it difficult for Invess to be the focus of the episode since the only way to have them be threats is for someone to "accidentally" drop their lockseeds, or riders manipulating Invess with locks (and having this happen within the city would probably happen later down the line.) I'd love to see a few more designs though, the first two were neat. Although, I would not be averse if they somehow made Riders of the week. :allears:

Can Of Worms
Sep 4, 2011

DJ Sagara working with Yggdrasil was the plot reveal I was hoping would happen! It's always great to see such eccentric characters become serious, it adds a certain uneasiness to them. I like the nice subtle touch to Bravo's costume where his left eye has a little crack to it, the first time I watched the ep I thought it was from a fight but it's part of the design since the start. The watermelon's mode of transportation cracked me up, it's so silly! I hope Pierre comes back in the future as a good guy, he's a fun character to watch and I think he has the potential for that.

Can Of Worms
Sep 4, 2011

Waffleman_ posted:

I really want Sagara to end up being the final boss.
I want this too, mainly to see if he puts on a new outfit or (hopefully) see him chewing the scenery with his current DJ attire. There's nothing quite like watching a man dressed in polka dots explain his plan to achieve world domination using eldritch horrors.

EDIT: Kouta's entrance into the forest was golden. :laffo:

Can Of Worms fucked around with this message at 07:27 on Dec 3, 2013

Can Of Worms
Sep 4, 2011

ZenMasterBullshit posted:

To steal a joke It Turns out Man is the real monster.
The Most Dangerous Gaim. :v:

Can Of Worms
Sep 4, 2011

I'm glad they're starting to tie loose ends early re: Yuuya's disappearance instead of trying to drag it out like say, Wizard :v: I find it interesting that all the energy riders use bows, too. Is there any deep meaning to that or is it just a thing to tie them together?

Can Of Worms
Sep 4, 2011

I'm so glad DJ Sagara doesn't let up his attitude even when the jig is up. :allears:

Can Of Worms
Sep 4, 2011

HELLOOOOO, ZAWAME CITY! :allears:

Can Of Worms
Sep 4, 2011

Xelkelvos posted:

It seems like there's actually two (or three if you count Sagara) factions within Yggdrasil.
My gut feeling with Sagara is he's a mole working with an outside faction who wants Yggdrasil's research. This episode also brings up some questions about who notMai is. Is she a survivor of the previous civilization, or related with the Helheim phenomenon itself? I think she's tied with Helheim.

To re-iterate a previous point, I'm glad to see that mysteries are being revealed on a regular basis, it's only been 5 episodes since Micchy saw the ruins. Then again, the show seems to be relishing keeping Kouta in the dark about Yuuya :argh: I guess they're keeping that bombshell for the moment it'll do the most damage.

Can Of Worms
Sep 4, 2011

That would be a pretty good explanation for Yakitate Japan's final arc.

Can Of Worms
Sep 4, 2011

Interesting seating choices. :mmmhmm:

Can Of Worms
Sep 4, 2011

ZenMasterBullshit posted:

He won't, he'll either be cut down by Takatora's glorious runback using the Melon Rainment or Kaito will make good on his word. Now that Kaito can actually fight they're really setting things up for him. I'm betting he's the one to really finish Micchy off and that pushes Kouta over enough to realize he can't 'reason' with Kaito like he wants to.
If Kaito does finish off Micchy, I think I'm going to die laughing if Kouta never finds out about Micchy's betrayals because he doesn't believe anything Kaito says.

Can Of Worms
Sep 4, 2011

Was that... a new Invess design? During a movie promotion crossover?! :monocle:

EDIT: Please tell me Pepsi is sponsoring the Kikaider movie. When I saw his belt buckle I knew it was a match made in heaven.

Can Of Worms fucked around with this message at 18:32 on May 20, 2014

Can Of Worms
Sep 4, 2011

Hahahaha his suit is literally this. :allears:

Can Of Worms
Sep 4, 2011

melodicwaffle posted:

and maybe White/Takatora?
Nah.

Can Of Worms
Sep 4, 2011

Raws for the new episode are online. I missed DJ Sagara's hyping scenes. HELLOOOOOO ZAWAME CITY! :allears:

Can Of Worms
Sep 4, 2011

Redue's breakdown was fantastic. The voice actor did a great job with the frantic, deranged screaming at the end. :allears:

Can Of Worms
Sep 4, 2011

Locks fall, everyone dies. :thumbsup: Really looking forward to how they're going to end it from this point on, given that they seem to be avoiding a reset button ending.

Can Of Worms
Sep 4, 2011

That was a good ending to a good series. :unsmith: Even if it's not the perfect story I enjoyed how it was a complete 360 on the storytelling template used for Rider shows, and hopefully they'll do it again in the future. One thing in particular that was a breath of fresh air compared to Wizard and to a certain extent, Fourze, was the pacing of plot beats. Most of the mysteries they introduced didn't linger around longer than necessary and the one that did, the entire deal with Future Mai and Sagara, was kept fresh by the elements they progressively added to the big picture.

WickedHate posted:

But no one's told Jonouchi about Hase yet? Even if it'd be a total rear end pull, I'd be perfectly happy with Hase coming back to life somehow at the last second because Jonouchi forever hoping he's out there somewhere and wondering about his fate is horrifically sad.
Who even knows about Hase's fate, anyway? As far as I can remember, it's just the Energy Riders (3 of them are dead, Takatora doesn't know anything about Hase other than his Rider stuff), Kouta and Kaito.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Can Of Worms
Sep 4, 2011

Poison Mushroom posted:

I'm not sure if you meant to do this or not.
:cripes: I'll... I'll see myself out.

• Locked thread