Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
scaterry
Sep 12, 2012

Apollove posted:

WAIT ACTUALLY I JUST REALIZED SOMETHING. So eating a fruit turns you into an Invess, alright, fair enough. But...aren't those fruit also technically lockseeds? So...does something like that happen when you use a lockseed too much?

The Driver system probably negates the side effects of the fruits. After all, when you pick up a fruit as a Rider, it turns into a lockseed. Whoa. Lockseeds literally lock away the deadly fruits

I love how Baron uses the Lance as a hammer and the Hammer as a lance.

Also, I can't wait for Bravo to shoestring Jounichi along to fight Gaim and Baron. Its going to be magical.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

scaterry
Sep 12, 2012
Of course after it is demonstrated that you can jailbreak lockseeds, Oren goes ahead and straight up creates his own modded lockseed. :allears:

scaterry
Sep 12, 2012

Potsticker posted:

One of the persistent problems is the Invess themselves. We're supposed to believe kids latched on to them as a cool battling thing to resolve schoolyard desputes like bugs or pokemon, but unlike those the Invess all just look the same. There's no link even between the lockseed used and the monster that comes out. Which it turns out is pretty important. How cool would Double have been if the dopants still kept their gaiamemory names but all used the same Worm suit and had no powers?

This is a problem too with the Energy Riders. Okay, so the Invess are an afterthought and the cool thing with Gaim is going to be Riders vs. Riders. Four badguy riders are all introduced recently-- and they all just use the same bow. Gaim has some good suit design here and there, but the monsters are boring, the best fight scenes are all out of suit stuff where they're not using bows as swords.

I feel the first problem is a result of the first 15 episodes or so not really having Inves as this big evil but rather as a means to do evil. Joey using Inves to distract Micchy during the Gathering Tournament or Yggsdrasil using Inves to discredit the Beat Riders and shift attention away from themselves, for example. It is only until this episode that we see that the Inves are evil, but in the mindless, unrelentant, rules of nature kind of evil that results in extinction, not the EVIL with a face, a personality, a style. I feel that the ubiquitious design of the lockseeds and the Inves that popout on summoning reflects this.

The Energy Rider complaint is valid. The same bow used as a sword for all four riders is a bit dull to see after a while, but the suit actors make up for this by just fighting differently. Sid uses his bow and style and trickery to win, Yoko uses her speed to keep opponents off balance, Ryoma uses counter attacks and manipulative movements to disarm and redirect and Takatora has deliberate expiereince movements that make up for his lack of speed or strength. It is testament to the quality of the suit actors to differenciate between these four, even if their design are similar to the point of redundancy

scaterry
Sep 12, 2012

Fooley posted:

I'm watching through from the beginning, and did they ever do anything with that lockseed Sid was always fiddling with? Or was it to hint at him being a Rider before they came up with the Energy seeds?

We don't know yet, but I'm sure they will bring that back up at a later time.

scaterry
Sep 12, 2012
So latest episode spoiler:

Jesus we got a shitton of new information. Sagara, S-type lockseed and the freaking overlords. As always, kouta goofy moments are amazing and a welcome breather.

scaterry
Sep 12, 2012
Wow Micchy is much more insufferable than I thought with that exchange with the other student. So condescending and smug.

Also, the chills as that green overlord started speaking Japanese.

scaterry
Sep 12, 2012
Man, my heart dropped when Joey said he missed Hase. Just the worst. Is this what dramatic irony is?

e: not the other nutbro

scaterry fucked around with this message at 19:09 on Apr 14, 2014

scaterry
Sep 12, 2012
Micchy you scumbag. Doing the logical thing and striking during the transformation when he is weakest? You motherfucker
Also, I enjoy that we are getting Takatora backstory because that moment during the introduction just cemented that he genuinely does care about what Yggsdrasil is attempting to do. It's almost as if he was Kouta when he was younger.

scaterry
Sep 12, 2012

Simon The Digger posted:

Well this finally happened.

These are totally going to be Kaito's and Micchy's Upgrades.

scaterry
Sep 12, 2012
So, there are more than 1 fruit of knowledge available. What happens if a human uses the wrong one?

scaterry
Sep 12, 2012

ZenMasterBullshit posted:

In case you nerds missed the SHT stream let me just tell you now is the time to get hype. Kiwami arms was everything I hoped it was and more :allears:.

This show is too good. A wonderful finale to this arc. Kiwami Arms is probably the best final upgrade.

scaterry
Sep 12, 2012

Rei_ posted:

Did Baron always hold that bow upside down or was that just this episode?

At this point I think its given that Kaito will use a weapon in the wrong way somehow.

scaterry
Sep 12, 2012
Gaim 36 subs are out: http://aesirsubs.wordpress.com/2014/07/06/kamen-rider-gaim-36/

I am slightly disappointed with the Micchy/Melonbowl arc so far and hows its been handled so far. Part of me acknowledges that this is very much a sidearc to the more important ongoings of the world and the invasion but part of me wants this sidearc to have a cathartic end. Micchy and his dealings have been a very uninteresting and annoying part of the invasion and to see him and his issues with his brother end this way doesn't feel right. I want there to be catharsis. I want Micchy to see what he's done and correct himself. I want him to be a true Kamen rider. This though? the fight on the pier? this isn't what i wanted.

That said though, Kaito getting infected? Kouta becoming even more of an inhuman the more he uses Kiwami? Micchy potentially debasing himself and facing his demons? holy poo poo

scaterry
Sep 12, 2012
I think that Sagara's Actor deserves props for his work. Him and Micchy's actor really sold their roles well. That last scene with Sagara not only had that tinge of the early DJ Sagara, but had enough aloofness and purpose in his actions from what we saw when he gave Kouta the fruit. where we could see him in his full character. I love this guy. I hope we see him in more roles in the future.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

scaterry
Sep 12, 2012

Poison Mushroom posted:

I'm wondering what kind of things are going to be happening with Jam? Is that what his name is? to justify not just using the episode to flesh out the ending we had.

I hope its Ryouma's Brain robot clone that he programmed in the Overlord's data into so that he could live forever.

• Locked thread