Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
dordreff
Jul 16, 2013

Chas McGill posted:

So this probably isn't the best Kamen Rider thing to lose my Kamen Rider virginity to?

The real, foolproof way to choose a first Rider: find a bugman with a cool costume, then find out who it is. If it's Decade get new eyes, otherwise watch that series.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dordreff
Jul 16, 2013
11's out.

Pierre remains the best character.

dordreff
Jul 16, 2013

Sakurazuka posted:

Episode 11 was great, things really seem to be ramping up now.

What's a good place to start watching other Kamen Rider shows, this is the first I've seen.

You can basically jump in to any of them, they're almost entirely self-contained apart from a few of the earliest series. Personally, I'd recommend W, Fourze, OOO, Kuuga and Ryuki, and I'd suggest avoiding Wizard, Decade and Kabuto.

dordreff
Jul 16, 2013

Raizor posted:

e: In spite of what dordreff said and what I said about Kabuto going off the rails, I think it's still very worth watching if you keep in mind that it gets dumber as it goes. The suits are still some of the best in the series with good action and some pretty entertaining characters, you just have to not take it as seriously as it tries to get you to in it's first half. I'm sure it's harder to like for anybody who went in without knowing how much it changes. That said, it's probably not a great thing to watch early. I'd still stick with W, Kuuga, ZO, or Black as good places depending on the era you're looking for.

Blaze Dragon posted:

Kabuto isn't that bad, I'd put it above Faiz, but it's a total trainwreck later on, so you might want to leave it for later.

Yeah, I guess Kabuto isn't really a "completely avoid" kind of series like Decade and Wizard are, but how much you enjoy it depends on how much you can tolerate a flawless god-king protagonist with no development at all and the boring-rear end girl he follows around everywhere, and on whether or not you can just ignore the story and go along for the fights and suits. Probably also depends on how hungry you are.

dordreff
Jul 16, 2013
I hope Hase and Jounouchi get back together, I want more Kamen Riders Bulk and Skull

dordreff
Jul 16, 2013

ZenMasterBullshit posted:

Also the monster not being in focus/treated like the biggest threat is kind of a dumb thing to complain about when the main theme of this show, like the entire point behind it, is an Endless Rider War. Like, well duh they're being treated as more than grunts/foot soldiers because they're not the real threat. Yggdrasil is. Zangetsu is. Baron is.

To steal a joke It Turns out Man is the real monster.

Melon is the real monster

dordreff
Jul 16, 2013

Motto posted:

Apparently neither Kaito or Kouta are teens, they're both 20. Which only makes Kaito's wardrobe and attitude more hilarious.

Age is just a number, man.

dordreff
Jul 16, 2013

T.G. Xarbala posted:

The lack of a proper new episode this week is as good a reason as any to get my friends start watching the Gaim backlog.

The fruit, dancing, and obviously arbitrary Inves Game really threw them off at the start. Though at least one of them now thinks Bravo is the best character.

It must be nice having friends with utterly flawless correct opinions.

dordreff
Jul 16, 2013

Micchy's actor put this photo up on his blog like 2 months ago and it gets more appropriate with every episode.

dordreff
Jul 16, 2013

ZenMasterBullshit posted:

He won't, he'll either be cut down by Takatora's glorious runback using the Melon Rainment or Kaito will make good on his word. Now that Kaito can actually fight they're really setting things up for him. I'm betting he's the one to really finish Micchy off and that pushes Kouta over enough to realize he can't 'reason' with Kaito like he wants to.

I personally hope Micchy dies doing something heroic and selfless, just so he ends up even betraying himself.

dordreff
Jul 16, 2013

Dante Logos posted:

By the by, The Wizard/Gaim crossover movie is out

So far, it is pretty fun.

Wow they actually used Kiwi. I forgot Micchy used to be a warrior princess.

dordreff
Jul 16, 2013
Haven't seen Black so I don't know about any parallels but at the moment I'm really seeing the next real episode opening with Micchy jumping in to the water to save Takatora and I really, really hope I am wrong about that. I like Takatora and want him to live but not at the expense of Micchy getting a drat redemption arc.

dordreff
Jul 16, 2013

Twelve by Pies posted:

My favorite part of the episode, hands down:

"You told me you were going to save Mai!"

"Yes, and I haven't the faintest idea why you ever believed me."

Ryouma was too beautiful for this terrible world

dordreff
Jul 16, 2013
It was real cool when bad future Kouta broke the bananaspear and poked Kaito with the floppy end, and they had like three seconds of the spear being gently held against him. I also liked Kouta's sweet new Prog Rock look.

dordreff
Jul 16, 2013
At least Jounouchi never gave up, even if the writers did.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dordreff
Jul 16, 2013

Killer Queen posted:

It's weird how this last episode decided not to sneak in a Drive cameo too. That would've been much cooler than God Kouta showing up to save the day.

Drive appears, beats up ghost guy, arrests Micchy for crimes against humanity.

• Locked thread