Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Motto
Aug 3, 2013

Nobody in-show has any reason to care what their Inves looks like. They just need them to take/defend stages, and certain Lockseeds make better ones pop out.

Potsticker posted:

The point is that kids are not going to buy into a product where all the monsters look and act the same.

If they were toys, sure, but I don't see how this matters when Beat Riders were buying them not because they thought Inves looked cool, but because they were a tool to move up the rankings without actually getting better, and later a form of defense from the former group.

Motto fucked around with this message at 03:21 on Mar 5, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

I really don't think any Beat Rider cares about Inves looking lame when they rocket them to the top of the rankings. And it doesn't really matter to us either since more focus is put on Rider v. Rider than Rider v. Inves.

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

Yeah, it's not atypical for a Heisei Rider to never actually be called one in his series, but since Gaim has had so many "x Rider" names, I'm expecting Kouta to declare himself a Kamen Rider at some point.

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

Apparently neither Kaito or Kouta are teens, they're both 20. Which only makes Kaito's wardrobe and attitude more hilarious.

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

Found these:

Motto fucked around with this message at 04:09 on May 21, 2014

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

I'm not an Ace Combat or Metal Gear guy so I just assumed you were using something from some MGS5 trailer. :v:

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

Blaze Dragon posted:

Umm...OOO did, actually. Did you watch the full series? Eiji becoming the purple Greeed is a really important plot point.

Apart from that, there's quite a few Riders that have gone monster. Trying to avoid spoilers here, since most of said transformations are plot-critical, but Faiz, Blade, Kabuto, Kiva, Decade, OOO and now Gaim have had at least one Rider each turn into a monster.

Kind of disappointed that W never had a situation where Shotaro, somehow unable to transform using a Driver, had to desperately resort into becoming a Joker Dopant.

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

God drat.

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

Good job Micchy, you directly contributed to the deaths of the last two people on the planet who gave a poo poo about you.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

Ending was cool. They won't bring it up, but I really want to see how all the other Riders would react in the next SHT slot movie to see that the rookie Rider they met last year has his own planet now.

• Locked thread