Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
glomkettle
Sep 24, 2013

Incidentally subs are out

Haven't actually got around to watching it yet, will probably do tomorrow.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

glomkettle
Sep 24, 2013

Started watching Black based on that condensed list and while the show in general is pretty good and fun to watch, the best part by far is the opening. It's absolutely fantastic. The music in general is really good, but I especially love the opening/main theme.

glomkettle
Sep 24, 2013

I just assumed he shortened "Mitsuzane"

glomkettle
Sep 24, 2013

Also keep in mind that nicknames aren't always just shortened versions of names. Micchy is just as reasonable a nickname for Mitsuzane as Bill is for William, if not more so.

glomkettle
Sep 24, 2013

Caphi posted:

glom, unless he meant whether or not you could justify "Micchy" as it is as a nickname in English. But it's kind of a rationalization; "Mitsy" is closer to what they're doing with it, which is why I use it (except in the scripts; at this point we're using "Micchy" for consistency reasons). I mean, nicknames can get kind of weird natively in Japanese, but "Micchi" is not very much so overall.

I was speaking purely from a phonetic perspective. I do not read any Japanese at all, so nothing I said should be read to imply any knowledge or understanding of the characters used.

As far as I can tell it sounds like they're saying "Micchy" rather than "Mitsy" but I totally understand that transliteration is weird a lot of the time.

glomkettle
Sep 24, 2013

Apparently raws for the Showa vs Heisei Riders movie are now floating around the web. Anyone know if a group is planning to sub it?

glomkettle
Sep 24, 2013

Brother Entropy posted:

She's basically been that the whole time, though? Like, she made a good first impression but the only actual personality or goals we ended up getting out of her is 'she wants to help strong men succeed'.

It's unfortunate that it's a female character in that role rather than having her swapped with one of the other riders. A servant or follower can be an interesting character, but it's hard in this case to tell whether she's just a character who in general prefers to act in a non-leading role or if it's a result of sexist thinking.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

glomkettle
Sep 24, 2013

Didn't Ryoma show off some sketches of potential future driver designs at one point, or did I just imagine that?

• Locked thread