Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

In what way are other Kamen Rider shows noticeably less anime?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Not complaining, the show is great, but since when was Kouta able to knock the Invess about without even transforming? :v:

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Episode 11 was great, things really seem to be ramping up now.

What's a good place to start watching other Kamen Rider shows, this is the first I've seen.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Thanks for the suggestions, grabbed a few series, probably gonna start with W.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Liar Lyre posted:

Who here seriously thought that the street dancing fruit samurai series was gonna get this serious? Because I was fully expecting a series more like Kyoryuger

The second I found out who was writing it.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

That one track that plays whenever anything ~mysterious~ is going on reminds me so much of Madoka.

Edit: This si the one I meant:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8K0Le3YOANM

Also track 34 sounds like it should be from a Contra game.

Sakurazuka fucked around with this message at 17:01 on Jan 29, 2014

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

I really want to know what Sagara's deal is. Maybe he needs the dancers around because he just really likes being a DJ?

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Nice jumper Micchy, did your Grandma knit that for you?

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

What age range are Rider shows usually aimed at? Seems like there's a lot of heavy stuff going on for a kids show, even though I'm used to Japanese stuff not pulling its punches just because of that.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

ZenMasterBullshit posted:

Or Kaito goes full Chaos and becomes that guy.

Based on his emphasis last episode I'm fully expecting this now.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

gently caress you Micchy and your terrible jumpers.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

I was definitely staring to think the Sagara had a touch of the Kubey about him that episode, until his conversation with Not-Mai seemed to put him more on the level.

What happened Micchy, you used to be cool. :smith: Apart from your jumpers.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

jonjonaug posted:

Sagara's role is pretty different from Kyubey's. Kyubey (Madoka spoilers) wants Madoka to become fuel for the system and is taken aback when she smashes it, while Sagara (latest episode spoilers) is actively encouraging Kouta to smash the "common sense" that you can't avoid making sacrifices to achieve a happy ending.

While their ultimate goals may be different, though we really still don't know exactly what Sagara is after, the methods they use of offering power while telling the other person exactly what they want to hear are pretty similar.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

And I though there wasn't going to be any romance in this show. :v:

.Clash posted:

I wonder if Sagara was just telling the Prof what he wanted to hear.

That's pretty much what he's been doing to Kouta too.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

drat, that was quick, not that I'm complaining.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

There's no way that Takatora is actually dead but drat that loving cold. Micchy needs bad things to happen to him soon.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Holy poo poo, that guy with the British/Australian/Whatever accent is a terrible actor.

Edit: Can't decide if all the bigging up of Kaito is setting him up for death/a massive fall or they're pulling some switcheroo and moving him up to main character while Kouta loses himself to the Overlord powers (presumably what that scene with him not being able to taste things properly any more was all about). Also totally called Mai having the hots for Kaito.

Sakurazuka fucked around with this message at 01:13 on Jun 9, 2014

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Kuuga's the show that supposedly influenced Urobuchi when he was writing Madoka, right?

Reading that has at least gotten rid of my assumption that this show would have a happy ending just because it was for kids.

VVV Thanks, I'm terrible for mixing names up.

Sakurazuka fucked around with this message at 19:39 on Jun 17, 2014

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

NotMai is Mai from the future, stuck in an endless loop of trying to stop Kouta from sacrificing himself for humanity and constantly failing. Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Everyone should watch Blue Blazes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Potsticker posted:

everyone dies, butcher! :argh: I liked Madoka, but Gargantia was really mediocre, Pyscho-Pass apparently eventually was good by the end I've heard, but I dropped it halfway through because I wasn't as invested in watching anime as I am in something like Rider where I'll sit through and finish a series even if I have a lot of complaints, and obviously I had a lot of issues with Gaim's storytelling. I don't get Urobuchi's reputation as a popular writer at all.

For ages I thought I was a fan of his stuff, but than I realised I just really love Madoka and everything else he's been involved with has been between okay and bleh. Gaim was mostly okay.

• Locked thread