Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
AzraelNewtype
Nov 9, 2004

「ブレストバーン!!」
Take Agito off that list actually, though this probably isn't a good place for a general discussion about the franchise.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AzraelNewtype
Nov 9, 2004

「ブレストバーン!!」

NotALizardman posted:

Believe me, he is. I'm already downloading Kamen Rider W at his urging. I have no idea if it's any good or not, but hey this show is already goddamn fantastic and he recommended it to me, so I'll give it a shot!

And hey, if anyone has any other recommendations for me, go ahead and throw them out there.

W is good, but we actually have a whole thread dedicated to this sort of thing that you may be interested in.

The whole first five minutes of this episode was utterly wonderful though, I can't argue. Totally down for Armored Fruit Riders.

AzraelNewtype
Nov 9, 2004

「ブレストバーン!!」

Twelve by Pies posted:

Speaking of Ryuki, is that dude Bandou at the juice bar the same guy who played Kitaoka's assistant, um...Goro? He looks like the same guy at least.

Yup. He was one of the rotating TheBees in Kabuto too. Toei is very happy to recycle actors that aren't in lead roles.

AzraelNewtype
Nov 9, 2004

「ブレストバーン!!」

jivjov posted:

As long as he's not squandering that money away as soon as he gets it, I think it's perfectly reasonable for Kouta to look at Invess prize money as a short term source of income.

You mean like immediately suggesting that they move into a larger apartment and chowing down on expensive foods?

AzraelNewtype
Nov 9, 2004

「ブレストバーン!!」

Waffleman_ posted:

Those were just commercials. Sometimes if a commercial is funny or cool enough they leave it in and sub it.

Especially if the show goes out of its way to say something like "watch the climax after the commercials", as was the case here. The meta file for 1 introduced a commercial between the Gaim parts for similar reasons: that A-Part end practically begged to have a pause.

AzraelNewtype
Nov 9, 2004

「ブレストバーン!!」

Monathin posted:

Magenta did a really long Twitter string of complaints with TV-N's Gaim 1, but I don't have it immediately on hand.

They've all made their way to the Onore TVN Tumblr by now anyway. All the Gaim 1 caps were from that string.

AzraelNewtype
Nov 9, 2004

「ブレストバーン!!」
Acorns are nuts, but nuts are fruit. Pine cones are not nuts. Sometimes cones are super similar to berries though.

Nature's weird.

AzraelNewtype
Nov 9, 2004

「ブレストバーン!!」

Monathin posted:

All I can really think about is the fact that they snuck in not one, but two awful continuity jokes in that opening scene, when it was translated.

I'm not sure what's more amusing. The line referencing next year's Sentai, or the fact that Momotaros, Gentarou, and Haruto are all painfully obvious, even compared to everyone else.

Quan is supposed to be Khan, as it's an anagram of Ankh. They updated it shortly after release. It's all pretty amazing.

AzraelNewtype
Nov 9, 2004

「ブレストバーン!!」
They all can dance. They can dance really well actually. They just have intentionally terrible choreography.

I'm not entirely sure why either.

e: incidentally, 0North - Zeronos.

AzraelNewtype
Nov 9, 2004

「ブレストバーン!!」

Justin_Brett posted:

Hopefully who they hired in this case will make them less likely to change things halfway through, especially considering how making Kyoryuger radically different than Gobusters didn't change much in ratings.

This isn't a Sentai, so its ratings aren't absolute garbage. Also toy sales are through the roof. There's absolutely no reason for them to step in and do that poo poo.

LightningKimba posted:

The Sengoku Driver is known as the Warring Driver from Aesirsubs, so I assume the new name is to match up with how the Sengoku Driver is named after him?

Wärring Driver, I think you'll find. I just wanted to introduce metal umlauts on this page, don't mind me.

AzraelNewtype
Nov 9, 2004

「ブレストバーン!!」

Xelkelvos posted:

The Lemon transforms to go over the armor. Also, this is probably what they translated into "raiment" given the appearance.

Preview spoilers: Not exactly, it's this, a Jinbaori. The name as written is Jinbaa Lemon, all in katakana for some reason.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AzraelNewtype
Nov 9, 2004

「ブレストバーン!!」

Rei_ posted:

I kinda like that all of this is happening in a movie where supposedly Takeshi Hongo is going to be giving Kouta poo poo about 'not being a real rider.' Like look buddy you kicked around for 8 episodes in 71. Get real dude.

It may only have been 13 episodes in 71, but he returned for another 47 before the series was done, as well as cameos in just about every successive Showa series. I'd say he's extremely real, and your incredulity is not really warranted.

• Locked thread