Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
SpazmasterX
Jul 13, 2006

Wrong about everything XIV related
~fartz~
Why would the police care about about a bunch of dance troupes playing pokemon? Plus Yggdrasil probably runs some sort of private security firm.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SpazmasterX
Jul 13, 2006

~fartz~

Rei_ posted:

Some more upcoming Arms Change figures Baron's Skyrim Mango Armor and Ryugen's Kiwi Chakram Armor

http://sve.2chan.net/cgi/g/src/1384248850914.jpg

loving cool as hell.

I think we're missing the most important thing there. The Rider Arms are all giant Rider heads that unfold.

SpazmasterX
Jul 13, 2006

~fartz~

Can Of Worms posted:

I'm interested in seeing where they go with all this. From the series I've watched, the final villains of Kamen Rider are usually monsters when they are separate from humans (Kabuto, Kiva, OOO, e.g.) but this looks more like it's heading towards a rider royale. The plot so far makes it difficult for Invess to be the focus of the episode since the only way to have them be threats is for someone to "accidentally" drop their lockseeds, or riders manipulating Invess with locks (and having this happen within the city would probably happen later down the line.) I'd love to see a few more designs though, the first two were neat. Although, I would not be averse if they somehow made Riders of the week. :allears:

It's very different because there's no Monster of The Week or even an enemy organization like usual. Instead it's focusing on the conflict between all the Riders and the overarching plot of what Yggdrasil is up to, which still hasn't been established as actually "evil".

SpazmasterX
Jul 13, 2006

~fartz~

Perigryn posted:

Watermelon Arms!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nnn4qqL3A3s

And it seems that next week we'll see Baron's Mango Arms

I don't even collect action figures but I mean, how do I pass up watermelon power armor?

SpazmasterX
Jul 13, 2006

~fartz~

Monathin posted:

Though the commercial did show a Gyro Mode we didn't get to see used, so I imagine we'll get to see it at least once more.

Go back to the first episode. You can see Gyro Mode being used among the armies in the intro.

SpazmasterX
Jul 13, 2006

~fartz~

Blaze Dragon posted:

In other news, I wonder when Micchi is going to use his own Lock Seeds. That's the second one he gives to Kouta without even trying them himself, it's getting kind of annoying. Drop your massive watermelons on yourself!

They want each Rider to have their own particular seeds they use. Ryugen's next seed is Kiwi.

SpazmasterX
Jul 13, 2006

~fartz~

jonjonaug posted:

I can't wait to see what Micchy will do when Mai inevitably starts crushing on Kaito and confides in Micchy for love advice on how she should act toward Kouta and Kaito.

Micchy seems to be in a place where it doesn't really bother him that she's not interested in him. He probably knows that it would never work because of his family/upbringing.

SpazmasterX
Jul 13, 2006

~fartz~

Waffleman_ posted:

Show is great.

How dare they be inconsistent with form changes. :mad:

SpazmasterX
Jul 13, 2006

~fartz~

Twelve by Pies posted:

That's disappointing if true because with the way the guy was obsessed about eating the fruit, and his helmet found there, I thought for sure that Bat Inves was supposed to be him. Kinda like a "forbidden fruit" type thing going on. If he wasn't Bat Inves then it's probably unlikely that he was one of the weaker ones, meaning he probably did just get killed. Though I wonder why the fruit didn't have the same effect on the Beat Riders (aside from the one guy saying it looked kinda good).

Because of the belt. Once they put it on, it doesn't affect them anymore.

SpazmasterX
Jul 13, 2006

~fartz~
Check out what someone spotted behind the sponsor bumper after the opening:

SpazmasterX
Jul 13, 2006

~fartz~

Simon The Digger posted:

Kachidoki Lock Seed also gives Gaim a new Arms form, possibly his final one.

For anyone confused about the top left corner there, one is the action figure and the other is likely the vinyl figure.

Re: Final form: Not very likely. This will probably be the middle upgrade like Wizard All-Dragon, Fourze Magnet Form, TaJaDoru, and FangJoker. It's gonna be a big fruit though, cause it goes all the way down to becoming waist armor too.

SpazmasterX
Jul 13, 2006

~fartz~

ZenMasterBullshit posted:

Tajador WAS the Final Form, it just wasn't the final one shown.

No PuToTyra was still the final form, it just wasn't the one used to kill the big boss. By that logic, Fourze's base form was also his final form.

SpazmasterX
Jul 13, 2006

~fartz~

Darksaber posted:

Just patching the episode now, but can someone explain to me what all the random text appearing during sentai / rider shows is? Is it just weather stuff / announcements for other shows?

Yes, also contests.

SpazmasterX
Jul 13, 2006

~fartz~
New Arms Change figure shows how melon energy is gonna work (linked for spoilers)

SpazmasterX
Jul 13, 2006

~fartz~

Brother Entropy posted:

Before this episode my guess was gonna be Yuuya(possibly as a brainwashed experiment kind of deal) but now it feels like a coinflip between those two.

Yuuya is gonna be Lemon. The suit design is just antagonistic enough.

SpazmasterX
Jul 13, 2006

~fartz~

jonjonaug posted:

This show has done awful things to me.

Should have bought the Arms Change figures.

SpazmasterX
Jul 13, 2006

~fartz~
Next ep preview spoilers: I wonder how they're gonna explain how Orange + what looks like Lemon Energy = That

SpazmasterX
Jul 13, 2006

~fartz~
Hey I got pictures of a new lockseed maybe you want to see

http://imgur.com/a/3Pyll

SpazmasterX
Jul 13, 2006

~fartz~

jonjonaug posted:

Here's a bunch more Gaim related scans from the /m/ thread that those were posted in. Linked for mega spoilers.

http://imgur.com/a/UHdJn

I didn't think it was possible for my hype levels for Gaim to get any higher but welp here we are.

Looks like the raiment upgrade is generic looking until it unfolds, which then shows the energy fruit used. It's not actually shaped like a fruit at all.

SpazmasterX
Jul 13, 2006

~fartz~
I'd bet money that there's a ruined city seen from that cliff.

SpazmasterX
Jul 13, 2006

~fartz~

Dexie posted:

http://www.orendsrange.com/2014/02/kamen-rider-gaim-3rd-quarter-toy-catalog.html

Third quarter toy catalog for Gaim, complete with info on his final form. It's pretty cool.

Okay the lock and key altogether is the belt attachment final form doodad we've been long overdue for.

SpazmasterX
Jul 13, 2006

~fartz~

Rei_ posted:

The rumour I always heard (and take this lightly but I always found it funny) was that they let Shu Watanabe pick out his own clothes for playing Eiji Hino, and it supposedly cost them a lot of money.

You'd surprised how much it costs to look like a dirty hippy.

SpazmasterX
Jul 13, 2006

~fartz~
So the preview images for the the new Jinba Gaim AC figure have revealed an amazingly well hidden gimmick in the armor.

Both shoulder plates and the back plate can unfold for a different energy lockseed. :aaa:

Oh, and here's Gaim's next upgrade if you want to spoil yourself http://i.imgur.com/bA1iQvo.jpg

SpazmasterX fucked around with this message at 10:11 on Mar 2, 2014

SpazmasterX
Jul 13, 2006

~fartz~
Oh poo poo guess who called it a month ago

SpazmasterX posted:

I'd bet money that there's a ruined city seen from that cliff.

SpazmasterX
Jul 13, 2006

~fartz~
Plus, Invess and lockseeds are separated by class, not species.

SpazmasterX
Jul 13, 2006

~fartz~
I'd much rather buy into more arms change figures that aren't grossly expensive. :mad:

SpazmasterX
Jul 13, 2006

~fartz~

Motto posted:

Yeah, it's not atypical for a Heisei Rider to never actually be called one in his series, but since Gaim has had so many "x Rider" names, I'm expecting Kouta to declare himself a Kamen Rider at some point.

Which is bizarre because W, OOO, Fourze, and Wizard are all in the same universe and one assumes Gaim is too but in the near future. Fourze established Kamen Riders as a Known Thing and I assume that someone would make the connection at some point.

Of course, maybe they're just called Armored Riders because they share the aesthetic but they aren't the solitary heroes that Kamen Riders are known to be.

SpazmasterX
Jul 13, 2006

~fartz~

Rei_ posted:

Baron's had an upgrade teased, I think? I'm not sure. Zangetsu is rumoured to get the Genesis Core and double up on Melon lockseeds later, but that might just be us taking a toy scan literally. Nothing's been shown for Micchy but I'm sure he'll get Giant Creepy rear end in a top hat Arms before the end of the show.

Baron's had an upgrade teased in the last magazines, so his is probably just a couple weeks away. First I'm hearing about an upgrade for Zangetsu though. They literally call him Final Zangetsu right now. :v:

SpazmasterX
Jul 13, 2006

~fartz~

Rei_ posted:

The bodysuit is Shin Zangetsu, the armour is Melon Energy Arms. He can be Shin Zangetsu Melon Arms Melon Mantle.

But he can't have the Energy Arms suit without using the Genesis Driver.

SpazmasterX
Jul 13, 2006

~fartz~

Rei_ posted:

I really need to find somewhere that's carrying the Kachidoki Lockseed

When all else fails, eBay.

SpazmasterX
Jul 13, 2006

~fartz~

Eirgen posted:

Kaito is fighting the red overlord and it was mentioned there are overlords. So maybe there is a green and blue as well and it'll link to each faction gaining control of specific inves types. Then again, probably talking out my rear end since the red overlord was controlling one of each color to attack Kaito in ep 21.

(future spoilers)We already know there's a green chinese dragon themed overlord coming. Red and spear wielding...green and chinese aesthetics... sounding familiar yet?

And speculation: I'm going to guess that Sagara is an Overlord that found his way to this dimension very early on specifically so he could set all this in motion.

SpazmasterX
Jul 13, 2006

~fartz~

RBX posted:

Also something i've been wondering: Why does Japan spoil poo poo all the time?

It's a kids show that sells toys. Get hyped, kiddos.

SpazmasterX
Jul 13, 2006

~fartz~
Today I learned that apparently people will even raid online retailers to scalp stuff for a quick buck. :psyduck:

SpazmasterX
Jul 13, 2006

~fartz~

Xelkelvos posted:

Part of it is based on interviews from the actress who plays Mai where she said the series was halfway over at that point. The interview was done around episode 17.

She was probably referring to filming though, which would have been several episodes after that point though.

SpazmasterX
Jul 13, 2006

~fartz~

Rei_ posted:

Man, i hope to god Micchy doesn't wind up being the last boss of this show.

It'd be pretty neat for a show that started with the hero accidentally murdering his friend to end it with purposely murdering his other friend.

SpazmasterX
Jul 13, 2006

~fartz~
I call plot shenanigans.

We already know that Genesis drivers don't attune to individuals, and Baron retains his same suit even when using his. Ergo, Mitsuzane shouldn't be able to wear Zangetsu's outfit and should look like Ryugen using Melon Energy Arms.

SpazmasterX
Jul 13, 2006

~fartz~

Rei_ posted:

The crack in Yggdrasil is the only thing allowing them to maintain any intentional connections to Helheim, right? So like, do the Drivers even work now?

No, that particular crack was the only one they had control over and could move large amounts of people and equipment through. Now the only way to access Helheim is through the Drivers and the Lock Machine bikes. Neither of which works for what they were doing, not that they'll be doing any more research now. If not for everything else, they could easily find another crack and hold it open.

SpazmasterX
Jul 13, 2006

~fartz~

TerminusEst13 posted:

So, chances that it's Oren that identifies Micchy as Melon?

I can dig it.

Speaking of digging it, reeeeally liking how the overlord lord isn't even "evil". He hates what happened to his world and doesn't want to allow another race to do the same thing. Kinda want him and Kouta to meet up and hash it out.

SpazmasterX
Jul 13, 2006

~fartz~
Here's some poor quality on-set shots of Kiwami Arms

http://i.imgur.com/cKPxrrF.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/e6e0wKY.jpg

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SpazmasterX
Jul 13, 2006

~fartz~
And finally here's Kiwami Arms and Sliver Apple. And I have no idea what the Kiwami armor thing is gonna look like now.

• Locked thread