Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
GTGastby
Dec 28, 2006

Ani posted:

My bank definitely charges the market rate - I've verified it. My credit card does too. I think US banks and credit cards are not allowed to disguise their foreign transaction fees, and if they are charging something extra, they're required to mark it as a separate fee. I know that's how one of my cards does it.

I also find this hard to believe, and I suspect in the majority of cases, there is a feee of some sort involved. I know both my American credit cards(visa / mastercard / discover) charge fees and do not use a favorable exchange rate. My ATM card does the same. I'd definitely verify exactly what you are being charged if you try going this route, as no fees and a good exchange rate are definitely not typcial.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

• Locked thread