Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Old Fart
Jul 25, 2013
Hey folks, this is my first tax year as an ex-pat. A few questions...

* If all my money is earned out of country, will I ever have to pay US taxes again? I feel like I read the FEIE is only good for a few years.

* What should I expect when going through paperwork for having more than $10k in non-US accounts?

* Can we still collect SSI when we retire? Can we get it early?

Thanks!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Old Fart
Jul 25, 2013
FBAR questions!

I'm in Canada. In 2014 I set up both a TIFA and RRSP accounts. The RRSP was funded by my spouse (for the tax credit), but in my name. The funds for both accounts came from our joint checking account. What does this mean for FBAR?

I also have an RRP funded by my work, as well as an ESPP. Anything special there?

Old Fart fucked around with this message at 18:04 on Nov 28, 2014

• Locked thread