Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
the worst thing is
Oct 3, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
HSBC Expat requires an initial deposit of 60,000 pounds. Maybe that's fine for you big spendin goons.

http://www.expat.hsbc.com/1/2/hsbc-expat/products/current-accounts/bank-account/eligible

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

the worst thing is
Oct 3, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
PenFed has the lowest international wire transfer fees that I have found. But it's still like 30 outgoing, I think it's almost impossible to get lower than that with a personal account that doesn't have like a million in it.

the worst thing is
Oct 3, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Pompous Rhombus posted:

Sorry, I could have written that a lot more clearly: I found a remittance company that gives a better rate than any of the banks seem to, and they've got an intermediary bank in the US they use to accept transfers, so it'd be domestic transfers I'm looking at rather than international.

https://www.penfed.org/Wire-Transfer/

quote:

Sending Funds From Your PenFed Account to Another Financial Institution
To wire funds from your PenFed account to another financial institution, please contact a Member Service Representative at 800 247-5626. You will need to provide your account number at the other financial institution as well as their ABA routing number. Keep in mind that PenFed charges $20 for a domestic wire transfer and $30 for an international wire transfer. Other fees may apply at the receiving financial institution.

That's 5 dollars per wire cheaper than anywhere else I've seen. Is it worth it to you to ACH money to them to wire it out though..since their ATM usage isn't reimbursed etc

• Locked thread