Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Vomik
Jul 29, 2003

This post is dedicated to the brave Mujahideen fighters of Afghanistan

Juanito posted:

Western Union is not sketchy, in my opinion. It's just that you can't get your money back if you send it to a scammer. I absolutely would not use Paypal for this, because they'll lock the account easily for any reason, and then you couldn't even touch your funds for 6-12 months.

I've used Moneygram to send/receive money from South America for years, and never had a problem. The only pain is that if you're sending a really large amount, they're only going to want cash.

Where does he want to send the money in Japan? In Japan, a bank should have all of the details that you'd need for the US side of things, and then find someone at his bank who knows how to actually how to do the transfer.

You're taxed based on where you work, physically. Most places will stress that you can't remote work while on vacation in another country (which is code for "continue to work but bill your hours in your home office location")

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

• Locked thread