Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
AF
Oct 8, 2007
hi
Yeah, not a great episode. Had some good moments, but not as solid as the previous ones.

The girls have some seriously rad hair in the manga! It's so swoopy and lively.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

devtesla
Jan 2, 2012

Grimey Drawer
Another mostly mediocre episode, but at least this one didn't make me want to gag. Renge does save the episode, to an extent.

Widdiful
Oct 10, 2012

I still can't put into words how relaxing this show is, it's so pleasant to watch. And oh god, Hotarun's Komari collection!

StandardVC10
Feb 6, 2007

This avatar now 50% more dark mode compliant
There wasn't too much actually happening in this one, but the nighttime scenes were pretty.

Preview for the next episode looked like it might have a new character?

veekie
Dec 25, 2007

Dice of Chaos

The Devil Tesla posted:

Another mostly mediocre episode, but at least this one didn't make me want to gag. Renge does save the episode, to an extent.

Can he still do his trick?

Lucy Heartfilia
May 31, 2012

This was the first time we could see the eyes of the big brother, right? He seems like a pretty chill guy.

Dan7el
Dec 7, 2008

Lucy Heartfilia posted:

This was the first time we could see the eyes of the big brother, right? He seems like a pretty chill guy.
I wonder if they even have a voice actor lined up for this guy? I wouldn't be surprised if he has one line in the last episode.

The plushie collection was creepy.

veekie
Dec 25, 2007

Dice of Chaos
I kinda liked the flying fish gag.

ViggyNash
Oct 9, 2012
Whenever an episode starts to get too boring, Renge appears.

Blhue
Apr 22, 2008

Fallen Rib
Renge centric = good episode.

Oh Snapalope
Aug 17, 2009
Nyanpasu~

ViggyNash
Oct 9, 2012
Look at this poor, poor boy.

It's all your fault, you smug fucker.

e: I guess spoiler tags and timg don't go well together...

e2: Apparently the show is doing so unexpectedly well that it's getting merchandising, starting with Hotarun and Renge (and Gu) t-shirts.

ViggyNash fucked around with this message at 23:17 on Nov 18, 2013

StandardVC10
Feb 6, 2007

There's something great about Renge trying to wake up her sister the only teacher, failing, and deciding to go to school without her anyway.

veekie
Dec 25, 2007

Dice of Chaos

It seems his spirit can still be hurt.

Widdiful
Oct 10, 2012

Those rabbits are sly buggers, I knew they couldn't be trusted.
I'm glad we got some character development on Suguru, I'm hoping that he gets half a word in at the last second of the show.

ViggyNash posted:

e2: Apparently the show is doing so unexpectedly well that it's getting merchandising, starting with Hotarun and Renge (and Gu) t-shirts.

I'm not one for anime merchandise but I would totally buy a Gu shirt. Also this is a step closer to a second season if there's enough left in the manga for another season when they can get around to it.

ViggyNash
Oct 9, 2012
Gu is just a small part of the Renge shirt:

Unfortunately he doesn't have his own yet.

devtesla
Jan 2, 2012

Grimey Drawer

ViggyNash posted:

Gu is just a small part of the Renge shirt:

This is still the best shirt.

veekie posted:

It seems his spirit can still be hurt.

It's what he gets for being a gross boy :colbert:.

Widdiful
Oct 10, 2012

Yeah I found that out just after I posted, but it's possible that he'll get his own eventually.

devtesla
Jan 2, 2012

Grimey Drawer
Return to form, for the most part. The second half with the candy shop owner is exactly what I want from this show: dry cynicism just overwhelmed by cuteness.

glomkettle
Sep 24, 2013

Some people in the Kill la Kill thread were complaining that they couldn't watch it in public because of the fanservice - I find that I can't watch Non Non Biyori in public because I'd be embarrassed about the big retarded grin I can't keep off my face when I watch it. This show is just so unbelievably fun to watch.

StandardVC10
Feb 6, 2007

Widdiful posted:

I'm glad we got some character development on Suguru, I'm hoping that he gets half a word in at the last second of the show.

He opens his voice to say something and then one of his sisters starts slamming pots and pans together or something.

Brett824
Mar 30, 2009

I could let these dreamkillers kill my self esteem or use the arrogance as the steam to follow my dream
My favorite part of the episode is Renchon (and apparently Natsumi) referring to Kaede as just "Candy Store".

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying
I hope that loving rabbit becomes a recurring character. :smug:

bubblegumbo0
Apr 24, 2008

我的機動戰士是個ヤンデレ!
I thought that this was going to be a poo poo episode, but then :smugrabbit: and Renge's GREATMAN PUNCH occured.

ViggyNash
Oct 9, 2012
Being Koma is suffering.

Being Renge is awesome.

Widdiful
Oct 10, 2012

Our hero speaks! Well, sort of.

StandardVC10
Feb 6, 2007

I kind of wanted to see what Renge came up with before Koma told her to just draw her normally.

Also where was Konomi in the previous seven episodes? I guess she goes to a different school?

Lucy Heartfilia
May 31, 2012

StandardVC10 posted:

Also where was Konomi in the previous seven episodes? I guess she goes to a different school?

She goes to school in Tokyo. In episode 4 she was bragging how she traveled home with the Shinkansen.

StandardVC10
Feb 6, 2007

Lucy Heartfilia posted:

She goes to school in Tokyo. In episode 4 she was bragging how she traveled home with the Shinkansen.

That's a different character, Hikage.

devtesla
Jan 2, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Lucy Heartfilia posted:

That was Renge's other older sister Hikage. It's not clear in the crunchyroll translation, but Konomi is a highschooler that lives next door (which explains why Komari felt so immature around her), and she used to go the combined middle/elementary school the rest of the cast attends.

Lucy Heartfilia
May 31, 2012

Ooops. I see.

unpronounceable
Apr 4, 2010

You mean we still have another game to go through?!
Fallen Rib
We now have Komari and Natsumi seeing us off in the ED :3:

AnacondaHL
Feb 15, 2009

I'm the lead trumpet player, playing loud and high is all I know how to do.

Giving a cup of coffee to a 5th grader is a bit questionable, but whatever.

veekie
Dec 25, 2007

Dice of Chaos

The Devil Tesla posted:

That was Renge's other older sister Hikage. It's not clear in the crunchyroll translation, but Konomi is a highschooler that lives next door (which explains why Komari felt so immature around her), and she used to go the combined middle/elementary school the rest of the cast attends.

It doesn't help that Komari is short so everyone treats her like she looks, and it seems everyone acts more adult than she is(except her teacher).

devtesla
Jan 2, 2012

Grimey Drawer

AnacondaHL posted:

Giving a cup of coffee to a 5th grader is a bit questionable, but whatever.

That was a gauntlet of cliche "growing up" things, so it's really no surprize drinking coffee black came up.

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying
In this episode we learn that Renge will grow up to be the next van Gogh.

Zettace
Nov 30, 2009
The edited clips during the two "message from our sponsor" parts where amazing.

Brett824
Mar 30, 2009

I could let these dreamkillers kill my self esteem or use the arrogance as the steam to follow my dream
Renchon looking at her drawing and saying it had no artistic value because it wasn't what she wanted to draw was a pretty deep meta-commentary on the show.

nielsm
Jun 1, 2009

They don't even need protection :radcat:

Brett824 posted:

Renchon looking at her drawing and saying it had no artistic value because it wasn't what she wanted to draw was a pretty deep meta-commentary on the show.

And yep turns out Renge does a post-modernistic art project this time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

devtesla
Jan 2, 2012

Grimey Drawer
Ahh, this week was really good. The second half where they cleaned Natsumi's room was basically perfect. It wasn't subtle about weaving little details about living in the country into the story, but it was pretty satisfying anyway.

• Locked thread