Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
StandardVC10
Feb 6, 2007

This avatar now 50% more dark mode compliant
I loved how the episode started completely absent of any dialog whatsoever for like two minutes excepting the random recorder notes, which turned out to be played by the first-grader girl. Who reminds me of Chiaki from Minami-ke in her default facial expression and voice (although I never watched a whole lot of that show.)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

StandardVC10
Feb 6, 2007

Episode two is still super relaxed and pretty funny. I just hope they don't lean too hard on Hotaru's crush on Koma.

StandardVC10
Feb 6, 2007

New episode. This really is the best boring anime. I like where the teacher character seems to be going.

StandardVC10
Feb 6, 2007

Gol-durn outta-towners in this episode! :bahgawd:

Actually it was not as funny as episode 2 or 3, but really sweet, and it caught a few moments that I really recognized (Renge blowing a bit of her hair that got in her face and letter writing, which I did when I moved across the country for a year in first grade.)

Renge's unchanging half-lidded expression really shone, too.

StandardVC10
Feb 6, 2007

Komari is the punching bag of the universe and also her younger sister.

The train station dinner scene was very familiar- once I was eating at a Chinese restaurant in Manhattan with my sister and a friend, and they ordered the spicy hot pot. Then neglected to take the peppers out of the broth, and both kept a brave face as everything they ate got hotter, and hotter, and hotter…

StandardVC10
Feb 6, 2007

I did actually groan when they got to the swimsuits. Once they got away from the beach though things improved quite a bit.

StandardVC10
Feb 6, 2007

There wasn't too much actually happening in this one, but the nighttime scenes were pretty.

Preview for the next episode looked like it might have a new character?

StandardVC10
Feb 6, 2007

There's something great about Renge trying to wake up her sister the only teacher, failing, and deciding to go to school without her anyway.

StandardVC10
Feb 6, 2007

Widdiful posted:

I'm glad we got some character development on Suguru, I'm hoping that he gets half a word in at the last second of the show.

He opens his voice to say something and then one of his sisters starts slamming pots and pans together or something.

StandardVC10
Feb 6, 2007

I kind of wanted to see what Renge came up with before Koma told her to just draw her normally.

Also where was Konomi in the previous seven episodes? I guess she goes to a different school?

StandardVC10
Feb 6, 2007

Lucy Heartfilia posted:

She goes to school in Tokyo. In episode 4 she was bragging how she traveled home with the Shinkansen.

That's a different character, Hikage.

StandardVC10
Feb 6, 2007

In this episode, Renge's origin story. I'm starting to think that that family's parents are a myth.

StandardVC10
Feb 6, 2007

Hotaru is really neurotic, isn't she?

As someone who once broke an elbow skiing though, I found that part of the episode a bit scarier than I should have. :ohdear:

StandardVC10
Feb 6, 2007

This episode had piggy-back rides and is therefore the best.

StandardVC10
Feb 6, 2007

There are lots of other animes where basically nothing happens, but few of them were as easy for me to get into as this one. I'd be happy to give more of it a shot.

StandardVC10
Feb 6, 2007

I'd watch it.

StandardVC10
Feb 6, 2007

Still the most relaxing anime.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

StandardVC10
Feb 6, 2007

That's the back of the tie right? It would be hilarious if the front side looks just like your regular formal necktie until you turn it around.

• Locked thread