Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Zettace
Nov 30, 2009

Rexides posted:

I feel really bad for Nameless Dude. Poor guy has zero friends, and he is being ignored in a school of six students. And he is introduced as just "that guy". The hole he falls into is a metaphorical one.
He doesn't even have a voice actor.

nielsm posted:

I don't recall them using anything but "inaka", which is the common, neutral word. (I'm not even sure if Japanese has a diminutive word for the countryside.)
"Inaka" can have negative connotations as "inakamono" can be considered a insult in some circumstances where it would basically mean bumpkin.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zettace
Nov 30, 2009

The Devil Tesla posted:

becomes a little horrifying when you realize that she just walked off with someone who she thought was a stranger.
She in grade 8 so "stranger danger" isn't really a problem for her. Her saying that was something that made her appear as a little kid (even though she was the older one) and was part of the running joke of that part.
Also, it's pretty funny that at her age her mother and younger sister tell her to not go with strangers.

nielsm posted:

Asumi Kana.

Exactly the same line, exactly the same voice, just a different name :3:
I personally thought of Popura from Working! where she constantly says "Don't call me small" in the same tone as well.
Also, Asumi Kana is pretty tall in person (relative to other Japanese women) which you don't expect from all the short character roles she voices.

StandardVC10 posted:

Episode two is still super relaxed and pretty funny. I just hope they don't lean too hard on Hotaru's crush on Koma.
I personally find it hilarious how infatuated she is to the point where it's creepy (in an innocent way).

That love sure is heavy.

Zettace fucked around with this message at 08:30 on Oct 15, 2013

Zettace
Nov 30, 2009
Who the hell thinks a kid is lost when they're buying a bunch of drinks from a vending machine.

And that brother just doesn't care about the world anymore (except for his sisters I guess).

Zettace
Nov 30, 2009
The edited clips during the two "message from our sponsor" parts where amazing.

Zettace
Nov 30, 2009
Making a kamakura that size takes hours of backbreaking labour. Immersion ruined.

• Locked thread