Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

turn off the TV posted:

It's because VoidBurger is a got danged SJW who ruined Let's Plays on SA by not voting for Donald Trump. The only rational course of action was to start stalking and doxxing her and pretty much anyone else who expressed a vague dislike for Trump in any way.

lol

she got flak because she was one of the people who basically accused lowtax of being the worst person ever for NOT protecting a known predatory pedophile.

way to make it into some political struggle for emancipation or whatever -¨whats your opinion on fake news

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Garrand
Dec 28, 2012

Rhino, you did this to me!

steinrokkan posted:

lol

she got flak because she was one of the people who basically accused lowtax of being the worst person ever for not protecting a known predatory pedophile.

way to make it into some political struggle for emancipation or whatever

You're full of poo poo FYI.

VB and the others got banned because they called Lowtax out on having a stream with his daughter themed around shmorky killing himself. No one anywhere was defending him.

I think one person went so far as accusing him of just using his daughter on the stream for attention, but for the most part is was people thinking the entire idea was terrible.

Junior Jr.
Oct 4, 2014

by sebmojo
Buglord

steinrokkan posted:

lol

she got flak because she was one of the people who basically accused lowtax of being the worst person ever for not protecting a known predatory pedophile.

way to make it into some political struggle for emancipation or whatever

wow really?

so she's pro-lolicon too?

Nihilarian
Oct 2, 2013

How do you "force" someone to review your video game

Also 5 seconds of googling shows that she is working on another game. A Chuck Tingle dating sim.

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

Garrand posted:

You're full of poo poo FYI.

VB and the others got banned because they called Lowtax out on having a stream with his daughter themed around shmorky killing himself. No one anywhere was defending him.

I think one person went so far as accusing him of just using his daughter on the stream for attention, but for the most part is was people thinking the entire idea was terrible.

I think you are mistaken.

At any rate, it had nothing to do with Trump, and everything to do with her yelling at Lowtax and his daughter for not living their lives right, those fuckers. Which is rich after ignoring the year or more when Lowtax tried to support Shmorky at his own personal expense, despite repeated slander campaigns by Shmorky's acquaintances which included trying to convince people in Lowtax life he was a child abuser, only to be repeatedly victimized and emotionally abused by the Shmork. I think he earned that one joke. But of course you can slip up just once, and nobody is going to give a poo poo about your history as they try to lay sick burns on you / discredit you.

steinrokkan fucked around with this message at 23:01 on Mar 6, 2017

watho
Aug 2, 2013

The real world will, again tomorrow, function and run without me.

The full story is that someone criticized lowtax for the stream (not actually defending schmorky), lowtax sent a dogpile of people on her, and then Voidburger, Psych, and co criticized lowtax for the dogpile which he responded to by banning them.

Edit: i really like how all the good posters are driven off this forum but people who actually believe Zoë Quinn conspired with journalists remain. It owns extremely hard

watho fucked around with this message at 23:04 on Mar 6, 2017

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

watho posted:

The full story is that someone criticized lowtax for the stream (not actually defending schmorky), lowtax sent a dogpile of people on her, and then Voidburger, Psych, and co criticized lowtax for the dogpile which he responded to by banning them.

This is also an incredibly, laughably blatant lie.

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

What's with the eh... bretonnian dance, sir?

steinrokkan posted:

I think you are mistaken.

They're not. The whole ban thing was because they got at lowtax on twitter over the 'shmorky kills themself for the 5th time' or whatever youtube stream. Nobody defended the (literally) lovely child groomer.

Also you'd have to be really willfully ignorant to not think that their political leanings just gives trash people even more desire to hound them over nothing.

Yardbomb fucked around with this message at 23:05 on Mar 6, 2017

primaltrash
Feb 11, 2008

(Thought-ful Croak)
That is literally exactly what happened.

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

Yardbomb posted:

They're not. The whole ban thing was because they got at lowtax on twitter over the 'shmorky kills themself for the 5th time' or whatever youtube stream. Nobody defended the (literally) lovely child groomer.

OK, it was still a dumb hill to die on, or to get banned on. The banning was revoked later anyway, AFAIK, and it's lovely to get mad at the Tax for it when it happened amidst a pretty lovely personal situation where he had to talk to his children about uncle Shmorky, who had been invading their lives on and off again, being a bad, bad man.

I guess the people who got mad that Lowtax would throw poor Shmorky under the bus were some different fine folks.

E: Video game politics are the dumbest trash ever, so please do not drag me into talking about that garbage fire.

steinrokkan fucked around with this message at 23:07 on Mar 6, 2017

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.
I think both sides had good intentions but things escalated in an unfortunate manner.

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

steinrokkan posted:

E: Video game politics are the dumbest trash ever, so please do not drag me into talking about that garbage fire.

Lmao what you're the one who came in here trying to get some sick owns in despite being wrong about literally everything that happened

watho
Aug 2, 2013

Both sides of the "should you harass this woman on the internet?" argument were equally valid

Garrand
Dec 28, 2012

The bans were never revoked. They were all banned from the admin panel so there's no ban av and nothing in the Rap Sheet but lowtax just told them all to gently caress off.

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

watho posted:

Both sides of the "should you harass this woman on the internet?" argument were equally valid

That situation wasn't about Voidburger, it was about people harassing Lowtax about the ways he was interacting with his kids, and he didn't release a pack of hounds at her despite your fanfiction. I don't give a flying gently caress what happened outside this SA drama.

Garrand posted:

The bans were never revoked. They were all banned from the admin panel so there's no ban av and nothing in the Rap Sheet but lowtax just told them all to gently caress off.

I'm glad.

steinrokkan fucked around with this message at 23:15 on Mar 6, 2017

watho
Aug 2, 2013

It's a good thing that you don't care about this thing that you're getting super defensive about.

Garrand
Dec 28, 2012

steinrokkan posted:

That situation wasn't about Voidburger, and Lowtax didn't release a pack of hounds at her despite your fanfiction. I don't give a flying gently caress what happened outside this SA drama.

I'm glad.

Funnily enough, outside of Psych ( who was just pissed off at the whole ordeal by the end of it) none of the banned people actually tweeted at lowtax their dissent either. Damehasclass just started by voicing her disagreement in her own twitter wherein lowtax fans jumped on her and got LT himself involved. Same goes with VB; she basically disagreed with lowtax both about the stream and the banning of DHC but never actually tweeted at lowtax and whoom, suddenly banned.

The point is that these are people who were just stating some opinions to their own followers. At no point did they actually jump at or badger lowtax about this.

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

watho posted:

It's a good thing that you don't care about this thing that you're getting super defensive about.

I care about that particular SA drama, I don't care about general Twitter slapfights about video games. As I said.

Garrand posted:

Funnily enough, outside of Psych ( who was just pissed off at the whole ordeal by the end of it) none of the banned people actually tweeted at lowtax their dissent either. Damehasclass just started by voicing her disagreement in her own twitter wherein lowtax fans jumped on her and got LT himself involved. Same goes with VB; she basically disagreed with lowtax both about the stream and the banning of DHC but never actually tweeted at lowtax and whoom, suddenly banned.

The point is that these are people who were just stating some opinions to their own followers. At no point did they actually jump at or badger lowtax about this.

Twitter is a public platform. Tweeting about somebody involves them, no matter how you format it. And since it's public, it's naive to assume the target of your tweets won't eventually learn about your posts. You probably wouldn't expect the target to be vindictive, but again, it was a tense situation with a personal dimension, so it's understandable he was pretty trigger happy. It could have been solved more elegantly, it wasn't, it's ridiculous to make it out to be part of some grand conspiracy of the alt-right. Which is what got me to post about this clusterfuck in the first place.

Junpei Hyde
Mar 15, 2013

Lowtax is kind of a poo poo, news at 11.

Fedule
Mar 27, 2010

No one left uncured.
I got you.
Okay, that's quite enough of this.

Garrand
Dec 28, 2012

steinrokkan posted:

I care about that particular SA drama, I don't care about general Twitter slapfights about video games. As I said.

Twitter is a public platform. Tweeting about somebody involves them, no matter how you format it. And since it's public, it's naive to assume the target of your tweets won't eventually learn about your posts. You probably wouldn't expect the target to be vindictive, but again, it was a tense situation with a personal dimension, so it's understandable he was pretty trigger happy. It could have been solved more elegantly, it wasn't, it's ridiculous to make it out to be part of some grand conspiracy of the alt-right. Which is what got me to post about this clusterfuck in the first place.

It's not surprising that Lowtax would eventually hear of it considering the number of people who follow him but it's not, as you said

quote:

about people harassing Lowtax about the ways he was interacting with his kids

They weren't sending him messages full of bile and poo poo.

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat
Father tries to relax with his daughter, gets harassed by the Interned - Read here why he is a piece of poo poo

BTW most of those jokes about Shmorky suicide were made by the daughter.

turn off the TV
Aug 4, 2010

moderately annoying

steinrokkan posted:

lol

she got flak because she was one of the people who basically accused lowtax of being the worst person ever for NOT protecting a known predatory pedophile.

way to make it into some political struggle for emancipation or whatever -¨whats your opinion on fake news

Looks like I'm no match for your detailed and intricate knowledge about the lives and history of the internet video game youtube people. I must have been mistaken when I read all that stuff complaining about her fiendish politics political tweetering.

Fedule
Mar 27, 2010

No one left uncured.
I got you.
Oh my god did I loving stutter?

The next person not to drop this is going on a break.

BioEnchanted
Aug 9, 2011

He plays for the dreamers that forgot how to dream, and the lovers that forgot how to love.
To help ease the conversation to a less toxic topic: I quite liked the DnDiesel video where Vin Diesel played DnD with some random internet people. It was really fun to watch, you could tell he had played the game a lot because he was paying so much attention to the DM when he was describing things, and making good decisions based off of the world building. Also loved his catchphrase whenever he got a critical hit: He thrust his fist forward and just went "CRITICAL! :black101:" Like a Mortal Kombat announcer says "Finish Him" It was really cute:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yLEMb_RIZ3o.

Junior Jr.
Oct 4, 2014

by sebmojo
Buglord
Okay I'll change the subject, so Yahtzee's a bit of a oval office, right?

actually no, he's a total oval office.

BMS
Mar 11, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

Junior Jr. posted:

Say it ain't so!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N5mR9HbXpus

https://scratch.mit.edu/projects/26449392/

BMS fucked around with this message at 23:41 on Mar 6, 2017

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

Junior Jr. panics as a mod forces a change of subject. Not now, dammit, he's so close!

He quickly googles "who do nerds like".

Yes, this will do. The hat man.

Junior Jr. posted:

Genocyber
Jun 4, 2012

Waffleman_ posted:

Weird people were stalking her tweets and making weird theories about it. There's also a big conspiracy theory that she's "corrupted" Chip somehow, and blaming her for a big gap in Uncharted 4 updates. How she did it they don't say.

She did it by being a womz, obviously.

e: Oh, we're already way past that. That's what I get for leaving a tab open I guess.

e2: I do like how several people jumped in with that actual legitimate opinion, though.

Genocyber fucked around with this message at 23:46 on Mar 6, 2017

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??
Wait what did Yahtzee do :stare:

dreezy
Mar 4, 2015

yeah, rip.

Junior Jr. posted:

the lets plays he did with his friend gabe were pretty entertaining. then he moved to america to join the dumpster fire that is the escapist full time and gabe got roped into doing videos with some other guy who wants to be the game grumps.

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

Danaru posted:

JJ's just lazily throwing criticism at people he thinks will make us get mad and defend them.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

BioEnchanted posted:

To help ease the conversation to a less toxic topic: I quite liked the DnDiesel video where Vin Diesel played DnD with some random internet people. It was really fun to watch, you could tell he had played the game a lot because he was paying so much attention to the DM when he was describing things, and making good decisions based off of the world building. Also loved his catchphrase whenever he got a critical hit: He thrust his fist forward and just went "CRITICAL! :black101:" Like a Mortal Kombat announcer says "Finish Him" It was really cute:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yLEMb_RIZ3o.

Not just "random Internet people". The DM is Matthew Mercer, Vex'ahlia is Laura Bailey and Grog is Travis Willingham. They're prominent voice actors who do an ongoing D&D campaign with other prominent voice actors. It's awesome, but each episode is like 4 hours long so it takes dedication to get through even one session.

Junior Jr.
Oct 4, 2014

by sebmojo
Buglord

Dabir posted:

JJ's just lazily throwing criticism at people he thinks will make us get mad and defend them.

no I just think he's a pretentious poo poo and the fact that he's still with the escapist makes him more of a laughing stock.

whether you like him or not is entirely up to you, I'm not here to judge.

Turtlicious
Sep 17, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Wait who like Yahtzee? He has the worst opinions about games, and he's sexist as poo poo.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

Danaru posted:

Actively choosing to live and operate a business in Brisbane is a punishable crime.

DeafNote
Jun 4, 2014

Only Happy When It Rains

Junior Jr. posted:

no I just think he's a pretentious poo poo and the fact that he's still with the escapist makes him more of a laughing stock.

except to judge the person you keep bringing up

that said him breaking up Lets Drown Out is unforgiveable

Junior Jr.
Oct 4, 2014

by sebmojo
Buglord

kirbysuperstar posted:

Actively choosing to live and operate a business in Brisbane is a punishable crime.

also lol at his bar closing down two years ago.

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

Junior Jr. posted:

Yeah well you'll forgive me if I spotted a trend in your last few posts.

the trend was that they were poo poo lazy trolling

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Junior Jr.
Oct 4, 2014

by sebmojo
Buglord

Dabir posted:

Yeah well you'll forgive me if I spotted a trend in your last few posts.

the trend was that they were poo poo lazy trolling

well they did change the subject, just keeping mods happy.

namaste

• Locked thread