Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
TotalBiscuit
Sep 17, 2007

Lazyfire posted:

Slowbeef's internet best friend TotalBiscuit did/does a Terraria series with Jesse. From that I learned that Jesse relies on complete randomness to be funny, which really doesn't work for me personally.

I still have no idea why people watch this, but it's the only series I do where the primary demographic is 13-17 year olds. Everything else on the channel is 25-34 primary, followed by 18-24. It's also one of those games that has no story of its own so it's only really watchable if the people playing it are making something entertaining out of it.

It's still awful and I feel bad for starting it, but a lot of people like it and really wanted it to come back so, hey.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TotalBiscuit
Sep 17, 2007

Lazyfire posted:

Well, skewing younger never hurt anyone on YouTube. I've watched a fair amount of the first series and only made it two episodes in when it returned. Jesse is just not the kind of YouTube person my fiancee or I really watch any of so we pretty quickly lose interest in what's happening.

I don't watch his content personally, it's not my thing, but I enjoy the straight-man/comedy-relief routine and he adds a dynamic to the podcast that we wouldn't get elsewhere.

TotalBiscuit
Sep 17, 2007

Nidoking posted:

I think Youtube's weird searching algorithm works in reverse on rare occasions, which can make for some really funny results. I made the mistake of looking through the view counts of some of my LP playlists, but mostly because the number of comments I've received on a particular video seemed really out of whack. I have no idea why, but Youtube seems to link everyone to part 17 of my Warrior Within LP. That video, for some inexplicable reason, has 150% of the views that the first video has, and the next few after it are boosted above the ones immediately preceding it. It still gets comments from time to time, mostly along the lines of "can you make videos showing where all the health upgrades in the game are?" or the types of things you'd expect to see posted on a first video.

Still, it's part 17 that's the most popular by a factor of about eight times the average video in the playlist, and I don't understand it.

Youtube just does some really weird poo poo from time to time and there's very little explanation of it. Even the guys that run our network that talk to the reps at Youtube on a daily basis don't know most of what's going on with it and the knowledge they do have is often pieced together via trial and error.

• Locked thread