Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
John Liver
May 4, 2009

So, Jesse Cox.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lRsyfuchSC8
http://www.youtube.com/user/OMFGcata

I like Jesse because he fucks up a lot, and has fun doing it.

Jesse was actually Retsupuraed at one point, having made a very repetitive, unfunny video of I Wanna Be The Guy. However, I think this is kind of an unfair look at him. That video portrayed him as obnoxious, uncreative and more than a little dumb - and I agree with the third point - but he's not a scumbag. Jesse has no "persona," not really, since most of his videos are just him being himself. He doesn't use scarecams (anymore), he doesn't beg for subscribers, and he doesn't really demand anything from his fans. Jesse's just an earnest, inherently funny person to watch, and his blind playthroughs of new games are pretty good.

Jesse does have a few weak points - he tends to jump early onto new releases, but he gets through them fairly quickly and cuts out things that viewers might not want to see. He has a compulsion to collect/observe absolutely everything in a game, and this can often hang him up and make videos last longer than they should (his Deus Ex playthrough is INSUFFERABLE because of this). However, his on-the-spot reactions to unpredictable things are often hilarious and make up for his poor sense of quality control.

But then, I am known for my terrible taste in media, so maybe I'm just talking out of my rear end.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

• Locked thread