Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Leal
Oct 2, 2009

Golden Goat posted:

That's too stupid for even them to say that.

I'm pretty sure in a podcast slowbeef talked about how people were saying he doctored the footage, or manipulated the game to make that happen.

Seriously, Dark Souls is a loving PERFECT game and GOD HELP YOU if you think otherwise. Hell, even goons go into a frothing rage, they had to actually say "No darksouls" in the old pyf dragging this game down thread cause whenever a goon thought something was terrible 10 other goons would rush to the thread telling him how poo poo he was and how the game is flawless.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Leal
Oct 2, 2009
I was watching the latest obscure 2 video and saw... this on the comments

quote:

Nobody gives not a single gently caress that someone bought you Just Cause on steam. Not a gently caress. Not a single gently caress is gave. When you make a lovely video reading a lovely creepypasta have the video about the creepypasta. The gently caress is wrong with just putting a few pictures up and narroting over that? Why WHY do I need to see Diabetus's lovely game skills? Why? It's the same exact poo poo of why I refuse to watch that balding chode TechreviewUSA the videos eat up bandwidthe like total biscuit at a all you can eat sushi buffet your lovely game footage is only making it worse.
When an episode of Dr. Katz from the 90's has a longer video and is not only more gentile on the bandwidthe and is less narcististic and insulting to its audience. Your channel has problems.
gently caress you SJWbeef. I used to respect you and I even used to respect the douche that commentates with you.. But lately you have become both boring AND loving annoying. And no, The #gamergate poo poo is loving stupid. I don't give a gently caress if you dislike IA. He's an rear end in a top hat and so is the people he hangs around like Sargon, Thunderf00t, Kingof/pol/, gently caress even his idiot army is full of idiots now.
And..what exactly are your videos nowadays? Either boring or "OH LOOK AT ME I BOUGHT SHOVEL KNIGTH SUCHA GOOD GAME HAHAHA LOOK AT ME MONEY! FANS BUY ME poo poo" You're like a less subtle Angry Joe lately you've given me the same ire I have towards him. "MAGICKA WAS ONLY 10 DOLLARS! I FEEL LIKE A CRIMINAL FOR PAYING ONLY TEEEENNN dollars! (link to steam page)" Do you really think people with any loving dignity are going to stand for that? I'm not. gently caress you. gently caress. You. And gently caress you Diabetus you loving hypocritical piece of poo poo. You get your panties in a twist when someone generalizes a group of people yet you seem to deem the south part of the US as all bad people andn ot a single good one. For the record I live in Dublin Ireland. I have no idea what ishappening anymore. 90% of the background noise I used to use for games is becoming nullified by the shitastic attitudes of the codes that run them. Is respect for your loving audience not a thing? Mother fucker, We made you and we have the power to take it away. And the sooner people like who you abuse your audience understand this the better.
Honestly, I have not been this digusted since ThatGuyWithTheGlasses dismissed criticism by "you already watched the ads lol!" I'm honestly not even sure what to say now. It's not like me bitching will fix it. Hell, Ignoring it wont make the problem go away. I've been ignoring Jontron's videos for YEARS and he only seems to become a more deluded, douche as time ticks on. All I want is background noise while I play video games. That's not asking for much, is it? But no I can't even get that. Everywhere I go now it's the same poo poo. It's all of this unfunny poo poo using ads and icons to clickbait you into clicking it(it wont work on me guys I automatically ignore videos with custom thumbnails one of the many reasons I steered clear of Jontron for so long) Just people that seemed to have been chosen out of a flock and pushed for fame by the Youtube heads. These people don't have heart. People like Armake21, Urinating Tree, Jedite and all of the older people had heart. You fucks are plainly here to do a little song and dance to please your audence so they will watch the ads.
I have a friend who is such a fanboy drone of Two Best Friends he litterally disables adblock just for them and watches ENTIRE 14 minute ads for videos that average half of that time. So, I don't know if its Youtube or the people that let this poo poo happen to the gaming community on here now. But I do know this: gently caress you and gently caress your videos, Retsupurae. I'm done. I wont be clicking your poo poo anymore. And I will find other background noise.
gently caress.
You.

SJWbeef

Leal
Oct 2, 2009

slowbeef posted:

That comment on Obscure 2 was actually too long for me to read. Every time I start to read it I think of 1000 better things to do with my life.

I only read it cause I'm having mouse issues, went to test the mouse by scroll wheeling down then the mouse died and I read it cause I couldn't be assed to get up and unplug/replug the mouse.

Garrand posted:

The funny part is on that retsutalk video, he made this comment, which doesn't appear to have anything to do with literally anything in the podcast

I think its funny he makes that comment in the talk video, then in the obscure video he makes what I posted. He is missing the proper videos for his rants.

Leal
Oct 2, 2009

Jobbo_Fett posted:

Can tits even live to be 12?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eurasian_blue_tit#Parasites_and_lifespan

Seems they live just too short to be 12 at the life span of 11 years and 7 months :v:

Speaking of PDP, and by that I mean I'm not actually talking about him, I watched some of Markiplier cause I wanted to see what Five Nights At Freddy's is all about and man that intro phone call. The whole time he's just making noise, and he gets millions of views.

Leal
Oct 2, 2009

Jamesman posted:

What really sucks is Markiplier has an amazing voice and is apparently a genuinely cool guy, and he'd probably be really fun to watch if he gave up being a PewDiePie copycat.

But then he'd be giving up millions of dollars, too.

I will give Mark that, his voice is pretty awesome. I think its like Totalbiscut who have some good audio quality in their videos.

Leal
Oct 2, 2009
I actually watched a few of the "This is how you don't play" videos recently and my god, the guy manages to find ways to fail that I didn't even know of. Did you know you can fail a mission in San Andreas by getting locked in a freezer with another NPC? I certainly didn't until nearly 11 years later.

Leal
Oct 2, 2009

chitoryu12 posted:

A guy on another forum I'm on is a Minecraft modder, and many of his off-topic "What's going on with your life?" thread posts have to do with the trials and tribulations of modding. The only thing I've taken away from it is that Minecraft modding is appealing to those who are more than a little spergy. Like, ultimate sperg. "How to make a fusion reactor in Minecraft work like a real one" sperg.

Don't minecraft modders flip their poo poo if their mods are accessed in ways other then clicking on a link that pays them money and when people modify their mod it breaks the game somehow? Iirc there was some minecraft modder who got pissed off that another modder removed some annoying mechanic from his mod so he added in a thing where if that other mod was active you would instantly die or something like that.

Modders have some insanely inflated egos, there was this guy who made an open cities mod for Skyrim that put the loving gates from Oblivion into the game and you had to deal with these gigantic ugly gates randomly strewn about and justified it that "Bethesda would of done that but they didn't have the means (:psyduck:)". A goon made a mod that simply removed the gates and the modder flipped the gently caress out, you'd think the goon did something personal against the guy.The same guy later forced awful voice acting onto the main dragon in the unofficial patch which is otherwise good for fixing stuff Bethesda didn't bother with that thankfully goons patched it out

Leal
Oct 2, 2009

Cirrial posted:

I'm pretty sure this has already happened with the Technic pack. Except there were no mod alterations, just packaging mods up for user convenience,

I think that was what I was thinking of, someone packaged other people's mods for convenience sake and someone got pissed off and coded a thing that would gently caress over your game if you used that mod pack because people would download the mod pack and not that specific mod so the guy couldn't get that adfly money.

Leal
Oct 2, 2009
DSP abuses an exploit in bugged fair use mechanics.

Leal
Oct 2, 2009
I certainly hope its entire method of scaring the viewer is jumpscares, those worked so well in the game.

Leal
Oct 2, 2009

Jsor posted:

I can't watch Angry Joe because the way he clasps his hands and smiles when he talks makes it looks like Happy Mask Salesman Reviews.

This could also count as a pro to some people.

You've met with a terrible game, haven't you?

Leal
Oct 2, 2009

Danaru posted:

Game Grumps recently had an issue where Youtube was being lovely about copyrights due to them singing a few lines of songs once in a while. If DISNEY lawyers have trouble with Youtube, it's not a good sign for the smaller one-two person operations.

On the other hand, there's pretty much nowhere else popular enough to get any kind of exposure, so it comes down to Patreon or getting lucky and dodging copyrights. :(

Wait you can get slapped for singing a song? I thought the whole "1 second of Nintendo footage means your entire 2 hour video now gives 100% ad revenue to Nintendo" thing was dumb, but singing a song yourself is grounds to get a strike?

Leal
Oct 2, 2009
While we are talking about creepy weird fans, some fans of Noah Antwiler (Spoony One) found out where he lived and went to his house which scared the poo poo out of him and his brother. His brother being a cop who had a deadly confrontation on duty rather recently.

Leal
Oct 2, 2009

Danaru posted:

Of course he doesn't, it's the netcode's fault. Sure it doesn't seem to harm anyone he plays against, but it's definitely the netcode.

His controller kept dropping the input.

Leal
Oct 2, 2009

GuavaMoment posted:

I saw a funny DSP video recently where he was playing Sonic 06. After killing a boss, instead of heading down the obvious exit tunnel, he decides the best course of action is to walk over lava. And of course he didn't have any rings, and was on his last life so he died and lost an hour of progress. "Whadda ya mean the lava still kills me? How was I supposed to know that? Bullshit!"
Oh DSP, never change. :allears:

:stare:

My favorite DSP moment is when he complains about being busted in Grand Theft Auto cause: "A cop runs in from off camera and busts me"

Off camera. Like its some sort of comedic sitcom where character A runs in from off camera for a wacky cameo!

Leal
Oct 2, 2009

Leal
Oct 2, 2009

Dabir posted:

Is his opinion "gently caress feminazis"?

He is anti-Anita so that makes him a pretty good guy.

Leal
Oct 2, 2009

Same, you could laugh at Jack and have a good time. With gamer gaters you legit worry if they're going to actually assault a woman.

Leal
Oct 2, 2009
I'm looking forward to the "This is how you don't play" where he has full diamond armor and tools and manages to have a creeper sneak up behind him, blow him up and fling him into a magma pit where he then goes on a 10 minute rant about how there was nothing he could do and WOOOOOOOOW lets think about this guys, a creeper comes in from off camera and blows me up. loving Kojima.

VV It took him over 5 minutes (maybe more) to learn how to break a dirt block. I could understand not getting it if he never truly ever bothered to read how the game works, but he looks at the loving stream chat at least 5 times. How was it not full of "Punch the dirt blocks you blockhead"

Leal fucked around with this message at 21:01 on May 18, 2015

Leal
Oct 2, 2009
Didn't Minecraft chick actually get a job with Majong cause of her youtube channel?

Leal
Oct 2, 2009
RockTumbler's Simpsons Hit n Run Let's Play :v:

I can't see if it still holds up

Leal
Oct 2, 2009
Richard will return as the GamingGhost

Leal
Oct 2, 2009

Danaru posted:

Good thing not liking the game or finding it scary didn't stop him from cashing in on it

I'm positive the PDP thing has nothing to do with the game at this point and is all about him. I'm sure if it was just a blank screen with his facecam in a corner talking about whatever his fans will still lap it up.

Leal
Oct 2, 2009
And bubbles was the name of the girl next door!

Thats how the joke went right?

Leal
Oct 2, 2009

dreezy posted:

I know there's a website that aggregates movies with full-frontal male nudity and keeps a database on the sizes and shapes of the actors' dicks, but as far as I know there aren't any LP superstars on it.

Well its time to change that, Slowbeef should kickstart Retsuflash :dong:

Leal
Oct 2, 2009

Niggurath posted:

Apparently Jimmy Kimmel can't wrap his head around Let's Plays: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ji9KmXwrA5Y and it's pretty great.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ryh-YFZC7-k&feature=youtu.be&t=18

Leal
Oct 2, 2009

Cheez posted:

Encyclopedic apparently meaning "I watched one recent video of his and it had more terrible poo poo I wouldn't want young people to see and emulate"

Well when they follow so strictly to a formula watching 1 video is pretty much having an encyclopedic knowledge of everything they've done.

watho posted:

Don't tell me that we're going to need to start posting the Ishtar trailer in this thread as well.

I can't believe these men may control the fate of youtube LPs

Leal
Oct 2, 2009

Golden Goat posted:

Oh my god some of these video titles:
- Why Star Fox has NO LEGS, The REAL Reason!

:confused:

Theory busted?

Leal
Oct 2, 2009

Angry_Ed posted:

I don't know about you, but I don't think I'd tuck my pants into my robotic legs (timg for huge: rectangle for emphasis).

As an added bonus, look in the back there and notice that the only "prosthetic" part of Falco's legs are his feet, which really would defeat the purpose I think if this idea had any weight. It's really more likely that when they made the little promo models for all this they made them this way so they'd actually stand up, but people still love to drag out this "theory" every so often. Kind of like the "Link was dead the whole time in Majora's Mask" theory that people can't seem to let go of either.

Huh, never knew about that. I think they just did that cause it looked cool.

Also Fox still has the upper part of his organic leg so
:goonsay:

Yardbomb posted:

Nintendo is more and more ridiculous about online content all the time.

"Nooooo! Why are you showing people that our games are fun! Stop saying good things!"

I don't think Nintendo "gets" the internet.

Leal
Oct 2, 2009

dscruffy1 posted:

This isn't even loving FAIR! Where are the directions? AUGH WHERE THE gently caress DO I PUT THE BREAD what? In this loving opening? WHAT BULLSHIT IS THAT gently caress this game.

"Where the gently caress does the bread go after I put it in the toaster and the toast comes out?!"

Leal
Oct 2, 2009

Jamesman posted:

Nah they're just gonna do three episodes and abandon it like they do all their playthroughs.

^^^^

chitoryu12 posted:

Do Chip & Ironicus count as a cute couple?

Leal
Oct 2, 2009

paradoxGentleman posted:

If you had to show to the world at large one Let's Play video in an effort to make a good impression, which LPer would you pick?

BillyMC

Leal
Oct 2, 2009

Suspicious Dish posted:

I am going to buy a copy of The Sarkeesian Effect and watch it. Does anybody else want to tag along for the ride?

This is something for the Let's Stream thread.

Leal
Oct 2, 2009

BlueDude posted:

Yeah, the thing that bothers me about TV Tropes (or at least, the thing relevant to this thread) is that they more or less treat Let's Players and other real people as characters in works (or worse, works themselves), so whenever they do something nice or something sad happens to them it's listed as a "Heartwarming Moment" or a "Tear Jerker". It's honestly kind of worrying, and doesn't reflect well on the site's community as a whole (check out #1 on this list for more, non-LP examples).

By the way, I checked. Daniel's suicide is indeed on Markiplier's TV Tropes page, listed as "the biggest Tear Jerker of them all":

It just feels wrong to have them shoehorning tropes into something like this.

Good loving lord.

Leal
Oct 2, 2009

HGH posted:

Well thanks thread, now I have a giant "This is how you don't play" backlog.
EDIT: How the hell do you confuse a PS2 and PS1 memory card?!

Watch one of the GTA ones and be amazed at Phil's complete reluctance to actually kill enemies and instead just try rushing through everything. Also the bitching about how "random" the game is because all the NPCs and traffic don't follow a set pattern.

So the cop came in from OFF CAMERA and arrests me

Leal
Oct 2, 2009
Guys its just an act he puts on to get the views, god have you guys never seen Doug Walker (Nostalgia Critic) or Noah Antwiler (SpoonyOne)? It's just a big act!

Leal
Oct 2, 2009

Danaru posted:

Did Konami relax suddenly on their copyright rampage through youtube? They used to claim every video I put up, but they haven't claimed anything since Sept. 3rd.

A long while back but

And this was set to private when they claimed it.

E: Yet they left my prologue videos alone

Leal
Oct 2, 2009

Yardbomb posted:

while coming up with ludicrous bullshit reasoning and explanations behind everything the whole way through.

Isn't that what he is doing with the FNAF games? Wasn't 3 supposed to be the book closer and "TOTALLY LAST GAME GUYS" then 4 comes out.

Leal
Oct 2, 2009

TaurusOxford posted:

So DSP unveiled his new channel in a last ditch effort to not have to get a real job.

https://m.youtube.com/channel/UClFWgP2iZ7GElM8Db6NJ5-g/featured

I'm starting to feel sorry for the guy. Didn't he buy a BMW and a house in a gated community expecting youtube and twitch money to cover it all? When it all catches up to him I don't think an employer is going to take him seriously when puts down youtube entertainer to explain his gap in employment.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Leal
Oct 2, 2009

bobjr posted:

Is this a first time thing, or have their been other LPers in the past who had a big audience and YouTube income who just lost it for whatever reason. If anything it helps get the message out that this is a very risky way to make a living.

Well, almost Doug Walker? He dropped the Nostalgia Critic to do something else but when his fans weren't biting he came running back to do Nostalgia Critic insisting that he just needed a break was all.

• Locked thread