Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
EagerSleeper
Feb 3, 2010

by R. Guyovich
I want to talk about one of my favorite Let's Players, Angie Gallant.

Her stuff is across multiple websites, so it's worthwhile to google her name and find a thread that you like. Here's a few links to get you going: Hatoful Boyfriend LP and Tokimeki Memorial Girls' Side 1st Kiss

She LPs a lot of games that wouldn't be allowed on Something Awful, mostly Japanese dating sims. One of her most famous LPs was Hatoful Boyfriend, and I really think that her LP resulted in the game becoming as famous as it is now in the English-speaking part of the internet. If I'm not mistaken, she was the first person to do an LP of the game, while the internet was still tripping over the words "romantic pigeon dating adventure."

Despite the fact that a lot of the games she plays are either delightfully bizarre (like Hatoful Pigeon), and/or could be described as guilty-pleasure-anime games (Tokimeki and Shinsengumi), she never really does "HEY LOOK AT ME! I'M PLAYING THIS GAME ABOUT DATING PIGEONS, AREN'T I SO WACKY? THIS GAME SURE IS SOMETHING, YUP YUP." She takes some jabs at the games she plays when appropriate, but she always shows a level of respect, because in the end, it's up to her to keep on playing, and she's doing it all to show off a game that she genuinely enjoys, even if it is pretty anime (Tokimeki).

She does a lot of her LPs on websites that have a strict limit on how many images allowed per post, while also forums are not as moderated as Something Awful's are, in case you may be confused by the differences you see by following the links I posted. While Something Awful holds itself to high standards of quality before you could even get out of the Sandcastle, Angie Gallant does that stuff by herself in a forum surrounded by anime squeeing and glomps. I think she raises the standards in forums, and really gets people to discuss the games instead of just saying "pleeeze update moar, ilu!"

So yeah, Angie Gallant is pretty cool to person to follow if you're a fan of silly games with plot. She has a charming personality and she's very entertaining.

EagerSleeper fucked around with this message at 20:26 on Oct 11, 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EagerSleeper
Feb 3, 2010

by R. Guyovich
Dang, you guys update fast. While I was previewing my post, ten people posted, and by the time I was done, my post is last on the previous page. Ah well, please look up Angie Gallant if you're looking for bizarre/silly/romantic vampire games LPd by someone very entertaining.

I think Angie Gallant needs more love around here.

While I'm here talking about stuff that I already posted on the previous page, can I just post the entirety of Broken Forum's Let's Play section? Sure, the quality of LPs can be varying, but a lot of small games (indie, recent translation patch, cult favorite, fanmade, etc.) can be found. I really appreciate lesser known titles getting shown off, and the people doing let's plays are charming as well. Check it out if you're looking for something different!

• Locked thread