Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos
Tales of Symphonia.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos
No, no, wait: l'Abbaye des Morts.

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

Ironically, fiverr is an Israeli startup.

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos
Maybe he's annoyed at the constraints he's been put under and is trying to get the other party to cut him loose?

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

hanales posted:

He's truly a pewpetmaster.

He's like a pigeon playing 11-dimensional chess.

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos
I think he's trying to get fired. Maybe he gets to keep more of the money if that happens.

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

Jamesman posted:

Jim Sterling v Digital Homicide: Dawn of Slaughtering has finally come to an end
http://www.thejimquisition.com/a-statement-regarding-romine-v-stantons-dismissal-with-prejudice/

Thank God for Jim.

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

Leal posted:

Wow, he ran his mouth so much that machinima gave him das boot.

:stare: They hit him with an old German submarine? Harsh.

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

BMS posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lwk1DogcPmU

This is hilarious. Never thought I'd say this, but good for PewDiePie.

They tried to cut and paste things from his videos to make him appear as if he's an anti-Semite, and full on Nazi endorser by taking poo poo out of context. The fact that he's playing off that poo poo, and poking fun at the people/organizations doing that, is hilarious. They can't stand it, and it's loving great.

:rolleyes: Did you even read the thread subtitle before you posted this?

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

:ironicat:

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos
Surely there's Outside-SA LP Crap Shoot news that's less than two weeks old.

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

CJacobs posted:

I mean, he apologized for his behavior (despite defending himself) and protested that the fiverr guys shouldn't get attention/get in trouble because of what he did because he recognizes that he's the one who paid them to do it. But as it turns out, people don't really care about that because holding a pitchfork and torch is much more fun!

Yeah. Look at the date on those stories you put up. How long ago is Feb 16th? Maybe you're the one who is caring too much.

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

CJacobs posted:

hint: It's one story, and the headline was changed much more recently after it caught flak for being ridiculous

But also, he mentions it in the video that none of you watched because you don't like the guy!

Yeah, I don't like him. I watched like, what, 5 minutes into it before I got tired of his whining about how WSJ interviewed him and only talked about how much money he was making :qq:, and how oppressed he feels by the media that hates Youtube creators.

Newsflash: traditional actors and producers and directors etc literally have aisles near the register dedicated to tabloids paparazzying the poo poo out of their lives and spreading unfounded conspiracy theories about them, they wish they had it this easy. Grow the gently caress up.

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

CJacobs posted:

For the record, I do not expect anyone to have sympathy for our boy pewds and personally I'm glad he's taking it in stride! If you do not forgive pewdiepie for his youtube atrocities that's fine, but I also think it's pretty silly to refuse to admit the media taking stuff out of context just to further poo poo on him is a bad thing. It's a very bad thing, even when it happens to a guy like pewdiepie.

They didn't take him out of context, they established a trend from things he did. He chose not to respond, they published the story because they're newspaper folks, not therapists. This would have been a great time for self-reflection instead of going the Trump-Netanyahu road of ranting about the media. If the media hates youtube creators so much, why aren't they attacking more of them? There's ton of them doing a bunch of weird poo poo, but not all of them are a raging assholes who repeatedly do provocative things and then whine about people being provoked, and then getting signed up by loving Disney of all companies.

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos
Jim Sterling can't catch a break. A company is now trying to take down one of his critical videos using Trademark law.

https://twitter.com/JimSterling/status/838056452698816512

This video goes into more detail:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o3OnXjnIGA0

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

Turtlicious posted:

What did Jontron do now?

I have such sights to show you... :cenobite:

• Locked thread