Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

FutureFriend posted:

Essentially it's there because most of those LPs try to be personality-based. However for a lot of these people they think the best way to get viewers and thus the big bucks is to act whacky and over-the-top and what's whackier than pulling this face people dont usually do?

That or it's those reaction faces you see sometimes, these people wanna hit the big time and become the reaction face thus getting more popular in the process.

People actually want the camera. I remember watching some Battlefield video a while ago and glancing down at the comments, it was overflowing with people begging the guy to put himself on camera. It's weird.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

DarkHamsterlord posted:

It's subscriber content, but since you mentioned Bioforge, I feel like it's also worth mentioning the currently ongoing Load Our Last Souls, in which Vinny loaded up his old Dark Souls save and is now trying to beat it. He has a couple of people (one who's beaten the game, the other has played more than Vinny has) to help guide him, so he never gets totally lost. They guide him just enough so it's not frustrating to watch, but not so much that they take all the fun out of a blind Dark Souls run. His save is more or less immediately after the Lord Vessel, so you miss out on the first half of the game, but it's still an entertaining watch.

Matt Rorie played through the first half on his Twitch channel by himself if anyone wants to see the first part of the game with on of the GB guys. I believe his streams stop at about the same time as Vinny's stuff starts but I'm not a premium member so I'm not positive.

• Locked thread