Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Sundowner posted:

His "descriptions" are "astounding"...

This playthrough of a David Cage game has no commentary except for the cutscenes. Ha.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

This will always be the best Rooster Teeth video.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AEUULIs_UWE

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

TaurusOxford posted:

Jontron quit a while ago.

To clarify, it's not like they fought or anything. Jon just wanted to devote more time to his own channel and those more informative videos.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

TCat posted:

Honestly I can't stand to even give an attempt at watching Game Grumps unless it's some game I've never seen people do before and I'm too lazy to youtube search, or they say they're good at it (usually they are). Because, and even within those, when they get bored of talking about the game/gaming or aren't funny they sometimes start expressing their opinions on actual things in the world, and their opinions are jack loving garbage 80% of the time.
Or at least Egoraptor's are.
JonTron and Danny I haven't had any discourse in what they say aside from rolling my eyes when Danny make jokes about being jewish cause that doesn't get old, but Egoraptor can be dumber than a sack of rock sometimes.

A problem I had with Game Grumps is that they either don't know what to do or they're not paying attention, so they loving lollygag around in the game. I tried watching the early episodes of their Sunshine runthrough and it didn't seem like they knew where the first Shine was. They gently caress around just long enough for it to get frustrating.

Edit: Besides, the fans just animate their best moments so I can just watch those without having to sit through the entire thing.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7qxsafB6gow

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

bobjr posted:

I honestly do wonder how a professional style interview with DSP would go, because I couldn't see him lasting 3 questions without him getting pissy over something.

"How am I supposed to know the answers to these questions?! You never said you'd be asking questions! This is bullshit!"

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

VivaVizer posted:

Oh... my...

Did they ever figure out whether he kidnapped a girl or not? Because I didn't really make it through that first super creepy interaction. It was that cringe-worthy for me.

If you saw the video they did of his Fire Emblem romhack to cap off Retsublitz, dude has a thing for inserting himself into games and having relationships with the girls in the game, so I think I know where the White playthrough went in terms of story.

Edit: Also, dude said his White LP was a blind run, but come the gently caress on. He had a plot and video editing. Come the gently caress on.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

TechnoSyndrome posted:

Super Bunnyhop, who also does some pretty interesting critical/analytic videos, recently started a European Extreme mode (which gives you a game over whenever you're spotted) no kills, no tranquilizer run of Metal Gear Solid 3. In his videos analyzing MGS2 and 3 he's mentioned that he thinks the tranquilizer breaks MGS2 and 3 as far as non-lethal playthroughs go, and watching his playthrough really shows how much more interesting the game gets when you're forced to be creative instead of just using the Mk22 to get out of any situation.

The videos are done with live commentary, but he does a decent amount of editing to them. Sometimes you have to rewatch bits when he fails and then retries an area, but plenty of deaths are removed entirely and in general he's pretty good about editing out repetition. He's also got a decent sense of humor and rarely strays off topic, only when there isn't much going on in the game to talk about. I've been really enjoying the videos, and definitely want to try running the game this way myself once the LP is over.

Part 1

This just finished the other day and it really is worth watching.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Genocyber posted:

Because he's an idiot and should be mocked?

I think that was sarcasm, but it's not like it was incredibly easy to tell.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I tried to watch the first episode of that, and it seemed a little grating. I suppose with so many recommendations, I'll try it again.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

SWMadness posted:

Well to be fair, sometimes they really turn out some fantastic stuff. My younger brother pointed me in the direction of some videos where the guy runs game ROMs through a program that corrupts random data points within it, and then plays through them and posts the hilarious results. I wouldn't call them a "Let's Play" though.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EzQiQ1pVlN8

This is my favorite.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

One job, Phil. You had ONE job.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

ApeHawk posted:

Hell, next time, it's going to be a video titled "Buying Game," and then he walks around the store for two hours not finding it and walking out with nothing.

"Where's the game?! What are these, shelves?! No one told me I had to look through shelves! Alpha-Alphabetical order? What's an alphabet! That's not in the manual! This Best Buy is dumb! WHAT?! This is a refrigerator! That's not a video game at all!"

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Turtlicious posted:

I've noticed other SA LP'rs will throw in "FundMe" links in their description, asking for people to donate a buck or two.

1. This doesn't happen ever.

2. This is explicitly against the LP forum rules, so don't do it.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Yeah, I love Jon's solo stuff and love that he's doing more of it now. In Game Grumps, it always seemed like he'd put forward an opinion, Arin would forcefully disagree, and Jon would just buckle and go "Yeah."

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Wait, don't most webcams come with video capture software? You don't need to use a trial at all! :psyduck:

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

It'll be worth it for the Game Grumps world, which is just the room they record in.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

ninjahedgehog posted:

"THERE WAS NOTHING I COULD DO!"

IT'S NOT MY FAULT! THIS VAGINA IS BUGGED OR SOMETHING! GOD DAMMIT KOJIMA!

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Let's call the whole thing off right here.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Edit: Nah

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

He'll just sell some game boxes to fund his house.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

DOOP posted:

Is there a video of this somewhere? Or the answers to the Q/A part of it at least?

It was today. Give them time to get it ready.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Major_JF posted:

Forgive me If I am being selectively blind. Did this ever get reposted on the internet?

It should be up within the next couple of days, judging my Kamoc's Twitter.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Pyroi posted:

He posts a video. As he explains that the DSP thing was all an act, he takes off the fake beard and fatsuit, revealing that he was Elvis all along.

I don't think Elvis would have needed a fatsuit.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

You must have missed Naughty Bear.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

There's a one-off video of a Mickey Mouse NES game that's just 10 minutes of Arin imitating this AVGN wannabe they found while looking up the game and Danny cracking the gently caress up. It's loving awful, but I laugh every loving time.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

RareAcumen posted:

I thought he left because he wanted to hang out with his girlfriend/ was moving to like New York or something. I dunno. I honestly still enjoy JonTron's videos though.

The official story is that Game Grumps didn't give Jon much time to work on his own show, which was a common sentiment among the fans. His own output has been much more frequent since leaving Grumps.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Testekill posted:

Also, his output has been of a much higher quality.

Yes, especially since he started what he calls "Season 2." JonTron may not be everyone's cup of tea, but I like him a lot.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

inthesto posted:

gently caress, that background image is just creepy as gently caress. Isn't Annoying Orange one of the most popular channels on YouTube, too? Do people enjoy being haunted by nightmarish visions?

It's even got a show on Cartoon Network, starring, oddly enough, Tobuscus!

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

HOOLY BOOLY posted:

It's a shame that the AVGN movie isn't going to be anywhere as good as he's hyped it up after all these years of working on it.

The plot isn't even relevant anymore. It's a search for the ET cartridge landfill, but we already found that.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

This is actually fantastic and I can't stop watching it. Holy poo poo.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

He looks EXACTLY like you'd expect him to.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Speedball posted:

Are you sure this isn't a huge satire that hews so close to what it's satirizing that it goes over everyone's heads, like Verhoven's Starship Troopers?

In ANY EVENT: Regarding off-site LPs, SupergreatFriend of Deadly Premonition fame has been doing on-again, off-again LPs like crazy, he just posts them to his Youtube channel willy-nilly. Don't know why he doesn't mention any of them here, most of them are decent.

The Bully Demise Cycle is art.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

JordanKai posted:

Isn't he also the creator of The Annoying Orange?

Not the creator, just the human star of the Cartoon Network show.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I want BillyMC to host the next Nintendo Direct with Lime Popsicle.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Mike Pollock is the kind of guy who thinks making lame pun headlines about recently deceased celebrities is hard hitting edgy humor.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Shadow Hog posted:

Also recall some Flash animation where he and some friends say random words like "galloshes". For some reason, that has stuck with me over the years, despite me not watching said animation in around a decade.

The audio for that flash was actually a pre-existing comedy sketch. Search for Bulbous Bouffant on Youtube.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

You know the funniest thing about the Psyguy video? Dude doesn't even record his own gameplay. I remember he actually literally put out a call for people to submit gameplay footage for them to talk over. Like, he misunderstood a fundamental part of Let's Play.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Dead to Tight(ie Whitie)s

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

So the best Japanese LPer is still Arino then? Good to know.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

The reason people make fun of you is because you're a colossal baby about people making fun of you. Maybe stop that.

• Locked thread