Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

Popo posted:

I know most of you will likely know the next two links already but gently caress it, if you don't, you should;
Giant Bombs Endurance runs. GB's Quick Looks and Endurance Runs are their big draw after the Bombcast. The QL's tend to be very good and well produced. There's a thread in Rapidly Going Deaf which has a list of must watch QLs.
Onto the ER's. Where QL's are half hour to an hour long the Endurance Runs go for the whole game, just like a real, grown up LP. They're usually blind or as close to blind that it makes no difference but they tend to move at a good pace. The first was Persona 4, run by Vinny and Jeff. They have a great chemistry and the game itself is great fun so it's easy to enjoy. My only warnings are that they don't cut out grinding but they keep the banter going so it's not bad and it's pretty long (over 100 hours).
The second was the dual Runs of Deadly Premonition by team Vinny and Jeff and team brad and Ryan. Vinny and Jeff probably have the funnier run and finish a bit faster but Brad and Ryan are still worth a look. If you enjoyed SuperGreatFriends LP I'd still say this is worth a look so you can see just how hard this game can be to non-experienced players.
Most recently Patrick Klepek and Ryan Davis ran Chrono Trigger. Less "laugh a second" than previous ER's it's still very good.
If you become a subscriber then check out Backflips and Bioforge as well.

It's worth noting that if you know anything about Chrono Trigger or are capable of paying attention in video games, maybe don't watch Patrick and Ryan's Chrono Trigger videos, lest you find yourself speaking ill of the dead. Good Patrick content is better found in Backflips/Bioforge and good Ryan poo poo can be found literally anywhere else. In Chrono Trigger they regularly ignore all the text, make blanket statements about JRPGs (a genre they will admit to knowing nearly nothing about), and boy oh boy do the boys at Giant Bomb hate editing. Lose the save? gently caress it, play everything again on camera? Get the airship/timemachine? Leave it behind and spend an hour complaining that the game is "making" you walk.

E:
The youtube partner group Two Best Friends Play is pretty good. Their original stuff with Machinima was pretty weak and gimmicky, but over time as they did more videos and started doing full LPs on their personal channel, the schtick gave way to reveal a group of dudes who are pretty funny and know their poo poo. In my book their playthrough of Heavy Rain and more recent playthrough of Indigo Prophecy are the only two things justifying the existence of David Cage.

Rody One Half fucked around with this message at 02:07 on Oct 11, 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

miscellaneous14 posted:

On the topic of the latter, while it seems like he figured out to stop getting personally involved with this stuff, it still really put me off that Matt used the producer channel to harp on Anita Sarkeesian because she criticized some games he likes. While I've watched a few of their recent videos, it still really bothers me since it confirms his pervert "shtick" is totally sincere.

Couldn't that just mean he disagrees with Anita Sarkeesian? Because god knows there's more than a few people that do that.

Phantasium posted:

I thought it was hilarious that they tried the facecam thing for their Shitstorm videos and got so much hate for it that it only appeared in the first one. So glad their fanbase didn't go for that crap.

Yeah they were talking about that on the podcast. "So guess what ISN'T going on the channel? FACECAM, cause you guys got SUPER MAD!"

The Best Friend Cast is a problem for me because it comes out the same day as the Bombcast. I can't deal with 6 hours of audio in a day guys :negative:

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

Law posted:

For content, Yogscast are pretty cool I suppose.
Aren't they all goons though?

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

This seems like such the typical Cage game. You get one, maybe two good sequences, like the surprisingly robust Carrie simulator here, and then the rest of the game is the most boring horseshit.

I hope they play the whole thing.

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

Why is it that facecams are bad but fully body cameras, especially as used in streams etc, are fine? Like, I know it to be TRUE, but can't put my finger on why it is exactly.

• Locked thread