Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

What's with the eh... bretonnian dance, sir?

Jamesman posted:

I've been watching some Game Grumps again to do some research, and in one of the videos Danny mentions there is a website dedicated to Ross' wife's feet.

Nooooo leave Holly out of it :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

Against my better judgement I looked at the polygrumps thing and I'm almost disappointed, from what I saw like 90% of it was just cute normal gifs of the crew.

Nothing supremely awful that I could see :shrug:

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

muike posted:

also super best friends but that's only if you don't mind people talking over everything and making dumb jokes. which is personally what i like.

Them yakking over the game is preferable to the actual conversations from what I've seen in so far quieter LPs.

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

Pewdiepie deserves to be exiled to a desert island with no internet.

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

judge reinhold posted:

I believe it even lead to a twitch emote NOT of a white guy grimacing.

There's a buncha those though.

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

And cute dogs! :saddowns:

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

paradoxGentleman posted:

Frankly that sounds really entertaining.

Basically times better than watching actual golf, just on the idea.

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

Shoulda had PDP and just made the entire start to finish run time, commercials included, him screaming.

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

Saith posted:

Can you blame him for influencing a bunch of kids on the playground who then think it's totally good and okay to make fun of rape?

The answer is yes, never stop blaming him for being terrible.

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

Earnestly posted:

Of course none of you would dislike pdp for his rape jokes if he were not Internet famous.

I hate them in pretty much any situation, so no his e-fame has nothing to do with it, other than making it that much worse that he had crowds of kids and whoever else gobbling them up.

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

Suspicious Dish posted:

But you guys also hate Markpelier, who hasn't made any rape jokes either.

I don't hate him, I just wish he would use his nice voice better instead of crazy hammed up reactions.

Andrast posted:

I just don't really understand vilifying someone who is obviously privileged/sheltered and didn't understand how bad rape jokes were.

I really doubt he didn't understand, probably more that he just didn't care until a lot more people got on his case about it.

Yardbomb fucked around with this message at 20:34 on Sep 7, 2015

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

Did Rich Evans do some scummy poo poo I missed :ohdear:

Or did other Plinkett guy do something or what.

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

Mega64 posted:

You know how they splice the actual review content with "Plinkett is a serial killer who rapes and murders women" gags? It's probably that.

Well poo poo, I never actually watched the Star Wars stuff, just pick and choose Half in the Bag and Pre-Rec.

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

slowbeef posted:

Then watch the other follow up "I Love You (re: RIP Robin Williams) where he says people who criticized him suck and maybe Williams wouldn't have committed suicide if more people had been like Tobuscus and said they'd loved him.

:stonk:

Jumping jesus, how ruined does your brain and sense of decency have to be.

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

The Vosgian Beast posted:

I don't know why the Game Theory/Film Theory people think "Theory" means "fanwank about something's internal universe" instead of what it actually means.

Makes it sound more "legitimate" I guess, as if they needed that when every video of theirs seems to be FNAF rehashes now.

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

I really can't get over the stupid way people title their videos. Mostly the full caps to super stress how totally REAL this part is or [FUNNY] in the name. Hey random crummy youtuber, I'll decide if you being totally original and mugging for the camera is funny or not. :colbert:

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

Goombah titties.

That sure is a thing.

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

Nintendo is more and more ridiculous about online content all the time.

"Nooooo! Why are you showing people that our games are fun! Stop saying good things!"

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

paradoxGentleman posted:

I think their reasoning boils down to "we are Nintendo and we can get away with this".

The sad part is just how hard a bunch of people will bend over backwards to take Nintendo's side on it too. Like guys, I don't think the corporate Goliath that is Nintendo needs your backup, you should probably be supporting your fellow consumers/content creators.

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

dijon du jour posted:

It's just more of them utterly failing to cook a scallop.

With how bad some of these people are, it's more like burning the toast on the incompetency level. Their seafood would be a death sentence.

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

paradoxGentleman posted:

If you had to show to the world at large one Let's Play video in an effort to make a good impression, which LPer would you pick?

OverTheGun, cause god is he just such a likeable dude.

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

Anita Sarkeesian shooting maybe Randy Pitchford or whatever that Gearbox guy's name is.

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

Game Grumps video length actually puts me off watching them for long spans of time. If they start doing something I'm interested in, I pretty much just make a note and check back a month or two later when it's hopefully done, or at least well-progressed.

Mostly though Best Friends really have spoiled me, not only do they do the same system of like 2-3 videos daily, they're almost always half an hour at minimum so I always feel like I'm getting a significant amount of content every visit.

Really it doesn't help though that part 1 of GG's Phantom Pain LP was just eeeuuuuggghhhh. Game audio super low without subtitles, they've both already played really far ahead so no WOAH reactions to the crazy things even in the intro, Arin sooort of leads on a bit hard with a voice-actor related thing, Man Who Sold The World muted and replaced to dodge copyright junk. Just good lord.

Yardbomb fucked around with this message at 21:15 on Sep 18, 2015

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

If you're a fan of Two/Super Best Friends though, their MGS5 playthrough has been pretty fun so far.

Next video they're heading into Africa finally :madmax:

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

ReturnOfFable posted:

So PewDiePie was on The Late Show With Stephen Colbert last night

Colbert has my condolences and it's sad anyone gives that shitler any large attention.

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

HOOLY BOOLY posted:

Except SpoonyOne isn't that much different from Noah for the most part so whenever Spoony says something stupid/bad people are never sure if it's a joke or not.

:thejoke:

"It's just a character" was the go-to for a long time on guys like Doug the Nostalgia Critic, then we get actual people who worked with him here to talk about it and they say no, he actually is pretty dumb and doesn't understand these simple things.

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

They'll always be valid complaints.

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

Suspicious Dish posted:

You'll always be a horrible poster

I'd like to think I'm mediocre at worst. :saddowns:

But on-topic, if you're in the mood for watching dudes play horror games of varying quality this month, Super Best Friends have started their annual Shitstorm of Scariness, playing a spooky game a day, with Layers of Fear and Alien Resurrection so far.

Also they just finished a playthrough of Until Dawn which also fits the mood so hey.

Yardbomb fucked around with this message at 07:40 on Oct 3, 2015

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

"It has a lot of meaning in terms of love" sounds like a RedTube tagline, not helping your case there RedTube You YouTube Red.

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

Emily can really eat poo poo though, cheatin' and she's nothing but abusive to pretty much everyone at all times. Like if anything she just lost even more and more points with me as it progressed.

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

I wish Scott Cawthon would just do a LP of all the FNAF games, while coming up with ludicrous bullshit reasoning and explanations behind everything the whole way through.

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

Sundowner posted:

So I just got done watching HarshlyCritical play SOMA and thoroughly enjoyed it even with the facecam - because (at least now vs his older videos) he doesn't just scream like a baby and seems to, er... think critically so it's often nice to see him ponder or react to something heady in a game like SOMA but that's besides the point. I've been checking some of his other LPs and maybe it's just because he covers a lot of indie and Unity based games over more polished games like SOMA or AAA titles but I'm not getting into them as much, so...

I'm looking for some other good youtube LPs of horror games that aren't atrocious. Just looking for LPers who seem like good people and might actually be considerate. Facecam or not I don't care, that poo poo really doesn't bother me in the slightest. More peeps like HarshyCritical would be perfect, honestly.

Yeah, HarshlyCritical's gone on record saying some of his much older videos are bad, because of course at the very start there was still some hamming up going on before he'd gotten a proper identity, but for a while now he's gotten out of it and it's so much funnier seeing someone just dryly react or laugh to lovely indie horror jumpscares, rather than screech at pin drops.

As for some other good horror people, a buddy of his has a channel as well, MrKravin, who does about the same sort of thing. Occasionally they have overlap on the dumb, bad games, but they also both get a fair share of stuff only one does.

Then on top of that, they have a charity co-op channel also about playing dumb horror/survival-horror games! DangerousToGoAlone.

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

BMS posted:

(Don't grow a beard if your hair is red by the by....)

Those dudes might be terrible, but there's no need to drag innocent beards into this.

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

There's still some justice left in this world :911:

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

Jsor posted:

Presented without comment:

I'm not gonna watch it so I won't know either way until someone talks about it, but how is this gonna turn out? All I can see is like two things.

1: He screams and flails when someone nearby approaches with a mild cough

2: He doesn't scream and flail at everything and blows his whole character so what's the point anymore

It just seems like a bad time whichever way.

Yardbomb fucked around with this message at 02:55 on Feb 11, 2016

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

muike posted:

his mom sounds like a piece of poo poo either way though lol

That's all I could think too, even if the girl's whatever, "He also dont have sex with a same sex partners which was your preference, I do believe..." is a super gently caress you worthy passive-aggressive bullshit statement when you're trying to get snippy at someone saying they had all that done to them and so on.

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

Wasn't Tobuscus the guy that roundabout or maybe blatantly I forget, said that if more people had been outpouring fans like him then Robin Williams probably wouldn't have committed suicide?

Cause if that's the same dude, yeah he sounded pretty lovely even before you level any of that at him.

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

CJacobs posted:

When the claims being made have such potentially huge repercussions, believing them right out of the gate is dangerous.

I don't mean to go right for such a massive escalation here, but this kind of thought is pretty much why a bunch of the huge famous child molesters and similar monstrous people only got found out post-death or when it was ages late.

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

CJacobs posted:

I believe skepticism is a better standpoint to take.

It usually isn't in this case.

Like if he somehow gets proven without a doubt to be innocent, I dunno, I still woulda rather been on the wrong side and apologize for it, than to have possibly ever lended support to someone who could be a horrible rapist. Not saying that's what you should feel like or whatever, I just mean in my dumb old personal thought process that's how it ends up.

Yardbomb fucked around with this message at 03:55 on Apr 10, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

"~Just go to the police, it's so suspicious huh~"

Because you know, accusations like this against wealthy/famous people pan out super well all the time, because you know, women aren't just blown off on these kinds of things all the time either.

• Locked thread