Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
FutureFriend
Dec 28, 2011

Lazyfire posted:

What I can't understand is why this is a thing, it doesn't serve any purpose besides letting me know what the inside of your mouth looks like and to avoid you at all costs.

Essentially it's there because most of those LPs try to be personality-based. However for a lot of these people they think the best way to get viewers and thus the big bucks is to act whacky and over-the-top and what's whackier than pulling this face people dont usually do?

That or it's those reaction faces you see sometimes, these people wanna hit the big time and become the reaction face thus getting more popular in the process.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FutureFriend
Dec 28, 2011

OwlFancier posted:

Arthur's a pretty good LPer for kids, I'd say. I doubt kids would get all the jokes but he's quite laid back and makes a lot of jokes about the game, and doesn't go into the tasteless stuff a lot of LPers do.

Aside from a bit of cussin' which I grew up with anyway so I never really thought about it being something kids shouldn't be exposed to, you could do a lot worse.

Yo, speaking as someone who's been on some of Arthur's videos, I wouldn't exactly recommend him to kids without some pre-watching beforehand. Sometimes his guests can get kind of tasteless so it really depends on what video you're watching that it could be suitable.

FutureFriend
Dec 28, 2011

TotalBiscuit also used to post on the forums and he made one of the funniest posts I've seen on here:

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=2634792

Anyway, other then that, would Giant Bomb's Endurance Runs count for this thread? Because their Persona 4 playthrough is one of the best things, and probably the only video playthrough I can watch of a JRPG.

FutureFriend
Dec 28, 2011

valkhorn posted:

I prefer to keep private issues between you and me private. A little birdie told me you insulted me, in public, again, and so I checked it out. I thought maybe if you had some issue with me we could handle it like people instead of behind each other's backs. I'm not going to forget that you personally insulted me here as well as passed along gossip about me that wasn't true - but that matter again is between you and me, and has nothing to do with everyone else on this forum. You know where to find me if you want to discuss the matter further but I won't discuss it further here. I've already tried to contact you, and this is what you chose to do.

Here's an idea, instead of AGAIN poking fun at me here, why don't you *shock* private message me either here or my channel or google plus?

I'm not posting LPs here for reasons - and you guys should be happy with that. If my existence bothers you so much, then fine, make fun of me all you want because obviously it makes you feel better.

Now watch me go on probation yet again for actually giving my side of the discussion and trying to be civil.

you're a loving nerd and im going to push you into a locker

FutureFriend
Dec 28, 2011

i sincerely help vakhorn is just a long troll for the lp forum like gamingo cuz this is great

FutureFriend
Dec 28, 2011

man who proudly presents his brand as being from the us south turns out to be a bigot more news at 11

FutureFriend
Dec 28, 2011

mods please change my name to "transphobic meltdown"

FutureFriend
Dec 28, 2011

shut up cheez

FutureFriend
Dec 28, 2011

ditty bout my clitty posted:

If you're going to call me out, I'll let you know that I speak three languages and my enunciation in either aren't reminiscent of being hit in the head with a shovel.

well i speak four languages and also do one more push up than you

FutureFriend
Dec 28, 2011

ditty bout my clitty posted:

This doesn't invalidate my point that eyeball doesn't even make the typical french-to-english mistakes, he invents brand new ones with brand new intonation like he's never heard a native speaker in his life.

well i made two points and theyre all fantastic

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FutureFriend
Dec 28, 2011

the main problem with lping is that dsp showed us jackin it live isn't a good way to gain a resurgence and i feel thats the biggest myth busted so far

• Locked thread