Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Turtlicious
Sep 17, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
So I'm watching the first Retsufrash and I'm dying laughing because I normally skipped over the flash stuff. God this is amazing. :allears:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Turtlicious
Sep 17, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Hey Slowbeef, can you link to your Dark Souls LP?

Turtlicious
Sep 17, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
So I have a question, and honestly here is just as good as anywhere to ask...

I actually want to be "good" at LP, I want to make 12k a year, and I want the attention. I've done a couple of screenshot LPs, and I have a lot of fun doing it. What would you guys say constitutes a "good" LP. I've noticed other SA LP'rs will throw in "FundMe" links in their description, asking for people to donate a buck or two. How far is too far where SA is concerned? If I am doing an LP to ultimately have a good LP, but want to be popular can I still post it here? (Obviously, not an already finished LP trying to whore for views, but where is the line drawn?)

Turtlicious
Sep 17, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

a cartoon duck posted:

I've never seen that in a thread in here before, who even does that.

ThornBrain off the top of my head, he even has thank you's for donators at the end of videos.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hwePyv7c6ic

From the description:

quote:

SA thread: http://forums.somethingawful.com/show...
Grave robbing: The Terminian National Pastime.

If you enjoy our videos, consider becoming a patron at http://patreon.com/thestrawhatno
All money will go towards equipment for Let's Plays and streaming, which will help us make more and better videos and content for you.

Also, we are a partner channel, so we're required by peer pressure to assume that you don't know how to like and subscribe to channels and videos you enjoy. So please click the buttons on the page that do both of those things! Good boy, good boy.

Turtlicious
Sep 17, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

ChaosArgate posted:

Technically, he's not asking for money on-site. As far as I can see, that stuff stays firmly in video descriptions.

I forgot the word "Video" in my first post. :blush: I definitely know there is a difference between asking for money in thread, and asking for it in the video description.

Turtlicious
Sep 17, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

slowbeef posted:

Submitted for your approval:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wTtpLmZwJ0s

Markiplier. Discuss.

What a raging douche.

a cartoon duck posted:

Do you want us to give you money so you can play video games for the internet better.

I see your point, I'm going to drop it.

Turtlicious
Sep 17, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I read the Dwarf Fortress LPs, then a friend linked me to the animal crossing one. My first video LP was Slowbeef and Diabeetus playing Metroid Prime.

Turtlicious
Sep 17, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

General Ironicus posted:

Actually, tell me less. Un-tell me that.

I hope you learned a valuable lesson today.

Turtlicious
Sep 17, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
So PewdiePie's Demographic is... Old Men like over 40, and young men under 18?

E: Seriously, that old white guy though that poo poo was hilarious.

Turtlicious
Sep 17, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Wow, I'm embarrassed to watch most LP's WITH headphones on, how loving shameless do you have to be to blast PewdiePie full volume?!

Turtlicious
Sep 17, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

RichardGamingo posted:

Show me your Let's Play so I can give you some feedback

Kill the face cam, don't fumble around with controls, play the game once or twice before lping it, and don't be a poo poo head when people tell you "Hey this isn't the right place for this."

Turtlicious
Sep 17, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Can someone explain why Slowbeef and Diabetes, Chip and Ironicus, or Geop and RandomWhiteSlightlyNerdySoundingGoon, all have in common that makes it really interesting to listen to them?

Turtlicious
Sep 17, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

valkhorn posted:

I prefer to keep private issues between you and me private. A little birdie told me you insulted me, in public, again, and so I checked it out. I thought maybe if you had some issue with me we could handle it like people instead of behind each other's backs. I'm not going to forget that you personally insulted me here as well as passed along gossip about me that wasn't true - but that matter again is between you and me, and has nothing to do with everyone else on this forum. You know where to find me if you want to discuss the matter further but I won't discuss it further here. I've already tried to contact you, and this is what you chose to do.

Here's an idea, instead of AGAIN poking fun at me here, why don't you *shock* private message me either here or my channel or google plus?

I'm not posting LPs here for reasons - and you guys should be happy with that. If my existence bothers you so much, then fine, make fun of me all you want because obviously it makes you feel better.

Now watch me go on probation yet again for actually giving my side of the discussion and trying to be civil.

Oh my god grow up you loving loser.

Turtlicious
Sep 17, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
slowbeef I just wanted to see what the throwback message was when people tried to pm you.

Turtlicious
Sep 17, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

slowbeef posted:

Someone once posted in here that they wanted to be rich and famous on YouTube. If that person's around, mind if I ask: you sure?

Yes :(

Turtlicious
Sep 17, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

slowbeef posted:

You're not doing a great job! (I know it's not you.) edit: Oh wait, maybe it is. You're not doing a great job!

THIS IS A HORRIBLE WAY TO FIND THIS OUT.

I'm TurtliciousDefinitions. Turtlicious is someone else.

Turtlicious
Sep 17, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

slowbeef posted:

Just link it. I don't want to make fun of you; I want to see if there's something you're doing wrong. I can't become rich and famous on YouTube, I might as well help you!!! probably cannot help you

I have not made any videos in uhh... A year?

Turtlicious
Sep 17, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Mr. Maltose posted:

I like the idea people have that when you take offense to something you stop everything and all you do is crusade instead of just taking five minutes to call out bullshit.
Yeah, same.

(this post took about a minute that I used to type instead of helping darfurian war orphans.)

((I was never going to help darfurian war orphans.)

Turtlicious
Sep 17, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

FactsAreUseless posted:

We also get some other perks like probation protections, access to the private servers when SA is down for maintenance, and the monthly e-newsletter.
I just hate that it's a monthly fee :sigh: The post police are always trying to keep a poster down.

Turtlicious
Sep 17, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Roar posted:

youtube comments

Hello fellow dark Styles user. :hf:

Turtlicious
Sep 17, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I wonder why this women who gets death threats regularly would disable comments, obviously it's an SJW conspiracy to hide that she actually wants women to be the ruling class of the earth, and men subjugated waves.

Thank you CJacobs, for stopping that horrible plot, truly you are the MRA we deserve.

(I do not think you're actually an MRA it was a joke.)

Turtlicious
Sep 17, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Yo are there any good Non-SA LPrs that did Dead Rising with a lot of the grind cut out?

Turtlicious
Sep 17, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
So I'm watching Slowbeefs Bloodborne LP and I'm curious about the process, and I guess the process of the 06 LP. Do you stream them, then edit the streamed bits, or do you skype screen share. What's your workflow like?

Turtlicious
Sep 17, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
So wait what did they do?

Turtlicious
Sep 17, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

VoidBurger posted:

Heya Youtubers! Remember, if you're ever raped, whether it's by the statistically unlikely stranger-in-an-alley, or by someone you look up to and admire and takes advantage of that situation, make sure to behave "like a rape victim" or else no one will believe you!

*JUMP CUT. COOL INTRO TO MY YOUTUBE SHOW PLAYS. JUMPCUT BACK TO FACE CAM*

Rape reporting! It's the "DARK SOULS" of justice! Ha ha, videogames. Well if you wanna beat the ~final boss~ of THIS heinous situation, here's some PRO TIPS I've gleaned from the culture I'm surrounded by, which I cannot call a "rape culture" unless people are constantly raping each other in the streets, or so that culture has told me in ALLCAPS many times.

*FOLLOWING PLAYS OUT LIKE A BUZZFEED STYLE LISTICLE. BOLD RED "NO" STYLE DESIGN. UTILIZE AIRHORNS OR SAD TROMBONES MAYBE?*

NEVER:
-Tell anyone what happened except the police/hospital.
-Write any blogposts about it, ever. This will be interpreted as "attention seeking." No one wants to know about your rape, ugh! You need to suffer in private, that's the correct way.
-Act happy or normal, do normal things like go to work (even if you need money to live), attend parties, or use social media the way you normally do.
-Try to go on with your life, in denial that something happened.
-Wait any amount of time follow up on pursuing court-justice for any reason at all. You should be able to talk about this scary event in great detail to total strangers who are fed up with your poo poo from minute one.
-Give yourself any time to process what happened.

*LISTICLE CONTINUES, WITH POSITIVE DESIGN/COLOR CHOICES. HAPPY PUNKY POP MUSIC MAYBE??*

ALWAYS:
-Get away from the person immediately because that's obviously very possible in all circumstances, especially mentally abusive situations!
-Go to the police immediately, talk to surly strangers asking if you were dressed too slutty that night. They're just making sure you didn't deserve it!
-Go to the hospital immediately to get drug-tested (You have a car, right? You can leave, right? You're not drugged TOO much that you can't operate a vehicle or take a bus, right?), get a traumatizing and invasive rape kit done immediately (All this costs money in many states, I think?)
-Process the rape kit fully (costs money in most states, I think?) By the way, you should do this quickly, or else the police department might destroy your rape kit cuz it's wasting space at the station!
-Go to court and see your rapist again in court (Hope you have money for court fees!)
-Have a defense lawyer go through your entire personal history to make sure you "weren't asking for it" in any way.
-If possible, go back in time and make sure you never committed any sin since you've ever been on social media. Even a sarcastic or joking quip made by you years ago about how you love the dick can and will be used against you in a court of law!
-Have your entire history and personality dissected on the stand, and have to recount the assault multiple times to dozens of people over and over again. Don't show too MUCH or too LITTLE emotion when doing this, by the way! It could ruin your case!

*JUMP CUT BACK TO FACE CAM*

If you followed these simple steps and "behaved like a rape victim" correctly, congrats! You now have liiiike a 40% chance, tops, provided that you did all of those things 100% correctly. [[EDITOR'S NOTE: Statistics on convictions vary a lot, and it's too hard to look up the ones that succeeded due to "acting correctly", but I've got the feeling that 40% is a pretty generous percentage.]]

And if you falsely accused someone of rape, then whatever, none of this matters because apparently falsely accusing is super easy and fun to do, with zero bad consequences personally or professionally! Feel free to rake in all that....... something......beneficial......??? Whatever it is, it's gotta be great for women to be falsely accusing men ..... hardly ever? I think?? Statistics are like ridiculously hard to figure out with this?

*Remember to LIKE, COMMENT, SUBSCRIBE!! CLICK HERE FOR MORE EFFORT POSTS THAT WILL NOT BE APPRECIATED.*

Skit over. I hate this.
:vince:

Turtlicious
Sep 17, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
For a second I thought you were being ironic, and I laughed.

No one is laughing now

Turtlicious
Sep 17, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

CJacobs posted:

Slowbeef wrote a guest article for Polygon that is not just about Death To All Pewds Gate but about what it takes and what it means to be successful on youtube nowdays. You should read it, it's good and provides some perspective that I think a lot of people probably could use.

This is a very good article.

Turtlicious
Sep 17, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Wait who like Yahtzee? He has the worst opinions about games, and he's sexist as poo poo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Turtlicious
Sep 17, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
What did Jontron do now?

• Locked thread