Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

Shame, you missed the additional ten seconds of brain-damaged grunting.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

He didn't even do the censorship right, there were tits on-screen despite the half-assed Brazzers joke.

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

He does WHAT? Spoilers, dude!

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=40PoHrZ0mdQ

:stare: he's everywhere

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

Why is Mike Pollock of all people sending you bizarre, vaguely-insulting tweets over this?

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

What the hell kind of logic is that?

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

Jobbo_Fett posted:

I'm going to facecam myself playing one of the Call of Cthulhu while playing Russian Roulette. Every time I get incredibly scared I'll pull the trigger and scream for no reason. I'll become the next big LP thing overnight :smuggo:

Unless I'm unlucky. :suicide:

I think there's only one and the PC port's kinda lovely.

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

So... was that first one the joke, or

E: pedopie

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

Unfunny Poster posted:

The whole "if you want to do a single Nintendo video we take a 40% cut, but if you agree to put all your faith in our products to only do Nintendo related videos we'll only take a 30% cut" is pretty dumb as well.

Really don't see the angle Nintendo is going for other than wanting to exert more control on their IP. Which they sort of have full right to do with regards to Let's Plays (since that's still a debated topic) but they're going about things so weird and awkwardly.

It also doesn't really cover review videos and news videos much either from what I can tell.

Or you could have two channels and segregate all the Nintendo stuff. It's probably just a reward for making the administration side simpler, you only have to point at one channel instead of every video individually.

sout posted:

also I thought this was supposed to work the other way round that L --> R but whatever. Not a funny video so it isn't redeemed at all by humour.

Either works, Japanese just doesn't distinguish between the two. I understand it's actually more common for a language to not have separate L and R sounds than to have them, but don't quote me on that.

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

Wow thanks Kojima

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

Game Grumps aside, those are the handful of goons.

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

Is his opinion "gently caress feminazis"?

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

FactsAreUseless posted:

No, SA is better. It's better than YouTube. It's better than Twitter. It's better than Tumblr. It's better than Reddit. It's better than 4chan. It's better than FARK. It's better than Ebaumsworld. It's better than YTMND. It's better than GameFAQs. It's better. We're better for posting on it. We're better and our site is better and it's okay and good to wrap our identities up in it, to make this website the whole of our selves and the thing that sets us apart and makes us unique and allows us to look down on all the more successful, happier people we deal with every day.

What a wonderful website.

I am Dabir and this is my Face of Goonism.

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

Not all comments are neo-Nazis so they're better than Stormfront.

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

CJacobs posted:

One time a long time ago I noticed that almost everybody opens their video with "Hey guys!" or "What's up guys!" or "What's up Youtube" and I am just loving livid that I cannot stop being annoyed by it. Like, it's seriously one of the most annoying things about these people.

hey there cjacobs what is goin' on

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

Stux posted:

imo the only way to do it is a cold open, start the video already halfway through a sentence and don't provide a starting point for commentary at all, just launch straight in there, just go hog wild straight away from 0:00

Isn't that pretty much how Chip and Iro icus do it? Not launching straight into talking but giving the game a moment to establish itself and then just talking about whatever's happening.

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

paradoxGentleman posted:

If you had to show to the world at large one Let's Play video in an effort to make a good impression, which LPer would you pick?

Bobbin Threadbare.

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

BMS posted:

Also, here's the blast email that's been sent out to some video uploaders (Still haven't gotten one here! :ohdear: my name ain't big enough!)

Holy gently caress it reads like a mafia boss making an offer you can't refuse.

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

Roar posted:

To play devil's advocate, they could pretty easily say "this is the new system, enjoy" without allowing any sort of 'input'. Amazon does it all the time. At least this gives the vague impression of a choice.

\/ it sounds like this is only going to to the most special of snowflakes (ie the big money producers)

Yeah I'm not sure Don Corleone explaining how you're hosed with an arm around your shoulder while a couple of thugs brandish pipes in the background is preferable to the bank manager calmly denying you a loan, if you follow that metaphor.

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

CJacobs posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eL5gMWcl9FU

Jon and Arin have at last appeared in a video together and joked around about Game Grumps for the finale of Jon's Star Wars media extravaganza adventure. It was a pretty good reveal. Now people can safely stop creeping on their lives looking for traces of their friendship being a miserable ruse that do not exist on subreddits such as conspiracygrumps.

Can, but won't.

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

Who gives a poo poo?

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

I think their videos are bad. But even if I loved everything they put out I do not, nor think anyone should, give half a poo poo about their personal lives.

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

CJacobs posted:

Tobuscus' mom did a big run-through of it and why she doesn't believe it which I think is pretty great though. Toby's mom claims the lady is a crazy stalker so hey who knows.

Is this confirmed to be his actual mother?

E: Guess it is, lotta people who'd know more about it than me accept it is.

From Max Landis's video about situations like this:

Dabir fucked around with this message at 06:50 on Apr 10, 2016

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

Sorry what's that supposed to be showing us?

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

Ah, it was so tiny on ny phone thst I couldn't tell.

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

He's not touting it as a solution for everyone, man.

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

But they'd have been going up against Konami in that.

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

Dr Light was the real villain!

Oh wait, wrong lovely meme, carry on.

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

steinrokkan posted:

What views does Jontron have that aren't absolutely mainstream in the US, and why should he be fired for holding perfectly normal political views in the context of his country?

He did like a massive four hour group chat with Not Racist Sargon of Akkad.

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

Leal posted:

My mind is boggled that the guy legit bought a Jim Sterling tshirt and donated a dollar to his patreon to prove that Jim did business in Arizona.

I mean, I'm loving boggled that the judge didn't just laugh off that lawsuit and threw it out in the first place. But jeeze, how vindictive do you have to be to do that?

A dollar a month.

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

Junior Jr. panics as a mod forces a change of subject. Not now, dammit, he's so close!

He quickly googles "who do nerds like".

Yes, this will do. The hat man.

Junior Jr. posted:

Okay I'll change the subject, so Yahtzee's a bit of a oval office, right?

actually no, he's a total oval office.

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

Danaru posted:

Wait what did Yahtzee do :stare:

JJ's just lazily throwing criticism at people he thinks will make us get mad and defend them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

Junior Jr. posted:

no I just think he's a pretentious poo poo and the fact that he's still with the escapist makes him more of a laughing stock.

whether you like him or not is entirely up to you, I'm not here to judge.

Yeah well you'll forgive me if I spotted a trend in your last few posts.

the trend was that they were poo poo lazy trolling

• Locked thread