Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
AMooseDoesStuff
Dec 20, 2012

unfair posted:

I think you'd need a minimum of 500k-1mil views per month to live off it, so it's really a very small percentage of people who do. (Although SocialBlade claims Jesse is #728 in views, and he's at 5mil per month, so that small percentage is probably a couple thousand people).

Two Best Freinds Play allegedly quit their jobs to live off of their Lets Play dollars and they've only got some 370,000 subscribers. I think. I'm not sure if they're some special case or if who you partner with really matters when you take into account living off of lets play.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AMooseDoesStuff
Dec 20, 2012

Sage Grimm posted:

Can we move on? There's nothing else to be said.

It's archeage all over again.
What is it with goons and defending lovely behavior.

• Locked thread