Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

Rodyle posted:

The youtube partner group Two Best Friends Play is pretty good. Their original stuff with Machinima was pretty weak and gimmicky, but over time as they did more videos and started doing full LPs on their personal channel, the schtick gave way to reveal a group of dudes who are pretty funny and know their poo poo. In my book their playthrough of Heavy Rain and more recent playthrough of Indigo Prophecy are the only two things justifying the existence of David Cage.

I thought it was hilarious that they tried the facecam thing for their Shitstorm videos and got so much hate for it that it only appeared in the first one. So glad their fanbase didn't go for that crap.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

Five posted:

So here is a question, and I saw it lightly broached earlier in the thread.

What in the world is with face cams? I see it a lot when I watch Twitch streams that people seem to almost get upset when one isn't included, like it's become some sort of standard. I just can't personally see what the gently caress it adds to the experience though. Where did this come from? Why is it there?

Everyone is as confused as you are, to put it simply. I'm assuming it's people that aren't looking so much for stuff on games as it is they're looking for "goofy" wannabe comedians, like people who still watch SNL or Mad tv.

There's always a market for crap.

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

The best thing about that playthrough is them jokingly making up ridiculous fake plot points and then they actually loving happen in the game.

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

BMS posted:

Wait a minute...that's actually quite impressive. I assume he's playing by looking at the screen through a mirror, while holding the phone backwards.....that's.......well, quite impressive.

I doubt it's that elaborate. The only part of the game you see is the first minute or so, and the level design is so simple that you could easily just hold right and jump occasionally to progress. Since he was guaranteed to grab a few rings in the way he won't die since he hit pretty much every enemy in the way.

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

Someone linked me elsewhere to MeccaPrime's LP of Link's Awakening where he glitches the poo poo out of it and plays it straight. Of all the things to pop up in recommended videos on Youtube, I saw a recommendation for some random vid PsychadelicEyeball did as a joke that had the word Retsupurae in it. He was pretending to RP slowbeef's old Super Metroid with a TVTropes page up saying what an RP was.

That poo poo was straight incomprehensible if you had no idea what the hell LP, RP, or anything else was and I watched solely to figure out what the hell he was going on about.

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

RSCNyx posted:

Let us hope you never run into the most successful YouTuber/hacker/Let's Player/Blogger/Dramatic Reader there has ever been: Baker7498.

The amazing part is, when I first heard Psych's actual voice I still wasn't sure which one (if any) was the real one.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

Hah.

Atlus tweeted this sometime earlier today.

quote:

Wondering how @pewdiepie would react to Daylight's horror? Watch and see: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VUWmXF6ACDw

Later on, I see they've put up this message on Facebook.

quote:

Ok. We learned a valuable lesson a little while ago about which YouTube caster(s) our community doesn't like. So we're putting it to you: which ones DO you like? Let us know, we'll try to work with those ones first and foremost.

• Locked thread