Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
EphemeralToast
May 30, 2013

Slowbeef posted:

I was gonna start with something good, but gently caress that, because there's one guy I wanted to talk about for awhile. ZiloanOP is - or was - a twitch.tv gamer, paralyzed from the waist down. He got about $20,000 in donations from people watching his livestreams. It's scarecam LP type of stuff, but for a good cause, right?

Except, whoops, he made one video where it turns out he's not actually paralyzed, and was scamming everyone. (Note his girlfriend try to tell him on the stream that he accidentally got up from the chair in front of the camera.)

I hadn't heard of this guy before, and this is a scummy thing to do. But I just want to make sure that people understand that sometimes people in wheelchairs don't need to use them every second of every day. Sometimes people with chronic health conditions use crutches or a cane normally, then have a bad day and need to use the chair, for example. Sometimes people use wheelchairs for exhaustion or pain issues, not because of paralysis. Just because you see a person get up and walk away from a wheelchair does not automatically mean they are a faking shithead.

That said, if the guy specifically said he is completely paralyzed from the waist down and then does this, he is not only a shithead but making life harder for those of us with legitimate disabilities to be taken seriously, so gently caress him.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

• Locked thread