Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
watho
Aug 2, 2013

The real world will, again tomorrow, function and run without me.

The yogscast minecraft mod spotlights were pretty drat good but I stopped playing the game and I haven't watched them in forever.

The only youtube LPers I watch consistently are raocow and some of Bisnap's videos.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

watho
Aug 2, 2013

Samiz posted:

Does Raocow still make only rom hack videos? Or has he started doing let's plays of other games?

He doesn't play as many SMW romhacks anymore but he still does quite a bit of them in general. He does pretty much anything that isn't commercial though.

watho fucked around with this message at 08:20 on May 16, 2014

watho
Aug 2, 2013

25k subscribers?
:laffo:

watho
Aug 2, 2013

Cooked Auto posted:

Which reminds me that I learned that PPD is going to be a speaker on Swedish radio as part of their annual summer speaker thing. :suicide:

A friend of mine told me this earlier today, I still have no idea what that thing is but it really seems like a last ditch effort for relevance to me. Though to be fair, he's pretty much the most famous Swedish person in recent history and that's sad.

watho
Aug 2, 2013

Idran posted:

Well, that depends on what exactly you mean by most famous; Stellan Skarsgård has been in a ton of big movies lately, and Alexander's been pretty big on True Blood I thought.

True and I also overlooked Avicii.

I started thinking about Swedish LPers and My mind went to Tejbz who was pretty big a few years ago when Machinima was something people looked up to. What do you guys think of those Machinima Respawn type gameplay commentators? I used to watch them for a little while but at one point everything became way too tryhard.

watho
Aug 2, 2013

:wtc:
That's horrible. I'm kind of speechless. poo poo.

watho
Aug 2, 2013

In some not depresing-as-hell news, chuggaaconroy's LP of Xenoblade Chronicles began the other day and the game looks pretty drat interesting. It's been a while since I watched his videos but he's one of the few people who I can say really deserve to make a living out of their LPs because he has some fantastic production values and really does his research.

watho
Aug 2, 2013

Shadow Hog posted:

All I know is that Chuggaaconroy's Xenoblade LP convinced my little brother to go out and get his own copy of the game. As far as I care, that makes it worthwhile.

It's a pretty decent LP from what I've seen, too. I can only imagine how insane the amounts of research it'd require to plan out a 100% sidequest run like he's doing, however; Xenoblade has a drat lot of filler sidequests, and several that permanently expire after certain plot events.

It's gotten a lot of people to buy the game. Most of his LPs cause a lot of people to find out about and buy the games he's doing.

watho
Aug 2, 2013

I'm pretty sure this argument's been going on since at least 2007 and I'm pretty sure we won't settle it in this thread.

watho
Aug 2, 2013

Cr1tikal's videos are extremely hit or miss but I found that this one had some funny moments.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GoftImSXgmI

watho
Aug 2, 2013

Blind Sally posted:

When Cr1tikal is "on", his videos are hilarious. I really enjoyed his Sumotori video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-ag82wNXjYA

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FEqhzMVWYtk
This is probably my favorite non-infomercial video of his.

watho
Aug 2, 2013

There are very few good things that I can say about google or YouTube but it's like a katamari.

Speaking of ads and lack of them, I really like that Patreon has become a thing. Sure, some people are abusing it but I really like that if I like someone's content, I can spare a few bucks per month to enjoy it ad free with some extra benefits.

watho
Aug 2, 2013

slowbeef posted:

Not good enough! Actually, I'd love to have Woolie back on the podcast at some point. I've had good experiences with all our guests, but he really stood out.

That was a really good episode. You guys had really good chemistry.

:pervert:

watho
Aug 2, 2013

Let's Play! > The Miscellaneous Outside-SA LP Crap Shoot: Don't Metnion Dark Souls. Seriously.

watho
Aug 2, 2013

"You are the designed output that travels in the loop of Something Awful to the Dark Souls Discussion, back to the beginning where you do it all again and again and again and again. These calculations confirm that you exist in some kind of circular reality"

watho
Aug 2, 2013

I really like Touhou 10 but it was my first Bullet Hell so that might be the reason why.

Speaking of Touhou, raocow's LPs of the 'Marissa and Alice' fangames are fantastic.

The first one (Not as good as the second but worth it for the last episode)
The second one!

watho
Aug 2, 2013

Wiseblood posted:

I always wondered if his relentless update schedule was detrimental to his subscriber numbers. I know if I were actually a fan of DSP I wouldn't want to subscribe to his channel because he just uploads so many videos that he would dominate your subscriber feed.

Yes. Though instead of having around 100,000 people watch one video every day, he has around 2,000 people watch up to 50 videos per day. He also doesn't do any editing what so ever if I'm not mistaken.

Essentially, the only thing that keeps him afloat is slowly sinking him.

watho
Aug 2, 2013

DSP is like watching a twitch plays Pokemon. It gets stuck on trivial tasks and always gets really close a couple of times before finally managing it.

The difference though is that TPP was a pretty cool experiment while DSP is still trying to justify himself.

watho
Aug 2, 2013

Psychedelic Eyeball posted:

And now DSP's streams are Twitch plays DSP since he'll go and read the chat every time he has problems, waiting for people to tell him what to do. There's no further difference between the two, except that Twitch Plays Pokemon had a certain charm.

and that DSP gets money for it.

watho
Aug 2, 2013

Youtube celebrities are for the most part terrible. I'd call then sellouts but I'm not sure if that qualifies if they never were any good to begin with. :shrug:

Fake edit:
I was at a con a few weeks ago and Arrowhead was there demoing a few games. Me and this other guy decided to check out this co-op game called Helldivers (which was really awesome). There was a kid there who can't have been more than 13 years old playing with us and the way he talked and was mimicking bad LPers so hard and I find that the "culture", or whatever the hell you want to call it, has such a big impact on people really weird.

watho
Aug 2, 2013

RSCNyx posted:

She succeeds to the point that people are donating her money, just to insult her in the donation messages.
Lmao. Reminds me of the dude who was trying to stop someone who stole a bunch of bitcoins by sending them more bitcoins with rude messages tied to them and telling others to do the same.

watho
Aug 2, 2013

Cheez posted:

Well, that'd be twisting the truth a bit. The "chasing him on top of a moving train" guy supposedly sent a miniscule amount of money to the addresses he was following in order to track them easier, or something like that. I'm not sure of the process but it's not entirely retarded and maybe even somewhat smart for bitcoin, but entirely retarded for real world money and generally any situation like this involving it.

quote:

He was desperately creating new wallet addresses and moving his 49 retirement wallets through them, but having to wait for 3 or 4 confirmations each time before moving them again. Each time I caught up, I "666"ed him - sent 0.00666 bitcoins to mess up his lovely round numbers like 4,000.
(...)
When he awakes, he will see my "666" next to his 96,000 stolen, freshly-laundered bitcoins. Along with lots of insults attached to fragments of bitcoins that I hope you are about to send here:-

It wasn't to track them easier.

Also, if someone hasn't heard of this before, the guy he was chasing turned out to be a bitcoin exchange and the dude who stole the 96k bitcoins were never found.

E: LPs sure are weird, huh?

watho
Aug 2, 2013

BMS posted:

PLEASE tell me I'm not the only one who is laughing his rear end off at the thought of there being some blackmarket underground organization known as the "Bitcoin Exchange".

Nah, it's kind of like a currency exchange only… stupider. The actual name of the black market was Sheep Marketplace iiirc. :v:

watho
Aug 2, 2013

FactsAreUseless posted:

I do not understand DSP fans, but I also do not understand how this man can provoke any sort of reaction, let alone anger.

Let's post some of the most infuriating/funny DSP videos.

watho
Aug 2, 2013

:drat:

watho
Aug 2, 2013

It gives the people doing it more publicity than it gives ALS research. It has given it quite a lot but it will probably be forgotten on a few weeks.

watho
Aug 2, 2013

I retract me previous statements about it. It seems like a really good thing. :shobon:

(Though some people may or may not have broken their necks trying to do it from high heights or whatever and I really hope they are okay :ohdear:)

watho
Aug 2, 2013

I was kind of hoping for a Zoe Quinn video game therapist just to see the comments.

watho
Aug 2, 2013

Didn't he get RP'd during the retsublitz? They took the video down but I'm pretty sure that it happened.

watho
Aug 2, 2013

I wonder if the Sarkeesian Effect people accept spermies.

watho
Aug 2, 2013

I can't remember if I remember WhiteBoy being cool or a dick. Swatting is really stupid and terrible but him getting busted for possession is still really funny to me.

watho
Aug 2, 2013

A guy I know got friend requests because he signed on to steam when a semi-famous youtube dude was streaming and/or recording.

Slightly unrelated: when the hell did Admiral Bahroo get so big? He makes pretty good videos but I feel very reluctant towards him since he made a lot of the Borderlands 2 discussions insufferable.

watho
Aug 2, 2013

I think you people are a bit too harsh on PewDiePie and DSP. :letsplay:

watho
Aug 2, 2013

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AXsIZN0olKk

I really enjoy creepy pasta and it should be recognized as an artform. :letsplay:

Really good video though.

watho
Aug 2, 2013

Freeman's Mind is amazing. It just sucks that the dude had some serious problems with Machinima. Same with Bro Team Pill. Machinima really screwed some people over.

watho
Aug 2, 2013

slowbeef posted:

Cryaotic (Cry / ChaoticMonki) follows us on Twitter and drops hints here and there that he wants to be Retsupuraed. Seamus (SSOHKPC) of the Creatures made a video that was basically like "It's about time, you guys!" Some people like us! :) (I've wanted to do Cry, but I haven't found a good video for it.)

I think that Cry and Seamus would be great for the podcast but if you want to RP Cry, you need to RP his fanbase somehow. Maybe doing something like mix between youtube reacts an your pdp video where people read comments/fanfics over his videos.

Here is a shameless plug an example a fanfic being read. It's not great nor complete but I like it.

watho
Aug 2, 2013

apparently raocow watched the Alone In The Dark retsupurae videos because he said "I remember that from the retsupuraes" in reaction to an Alone In The Dark 3 song.

watho
Aug 2, 2013

BlueDude posted:

He's done this before: I think one time he called Ridley "the Retsupurae guy", and I've seen him comment on one before (it wasn't on slowbeef's channel, but it was by a goon).

Speaking of which: has he been active here lately?

He's mostly on the talkhaus but I think he checks in here from time to time.

watho
Aug 2, 2013

slowbeef posted:

He said he'd be down for our podcast - I should get that going at some point.

How many guests are queued up at this point?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

watho
Aug 2, 2013

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KbeLVPygkBc

• Locked thread