Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
judge reinhold
Jul 26, 2001

Seshoho Cian posted:

Pat states his desire to burn down Something Awful to the ground.

I've been trying to accomplish this for the past few years. For example, I think valkhorn is cool.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

judge reinhold
Jul 26, 2001

slowbeef posted:

Also I got to talk with Mike Jones a bit

Who?

judge reinhold
Jul 26, 2001

slowbeef posted:

Mike Jones

Who?

judge reinhold
Jul 26, 2001

slowbeef posted:

Mike Jones.

Who?

judge reinhold
Jul 26, 2001
I expect to one day be killed by a fan who, like Mark David Chapman, wishes to absorb the fame of having extreme low-end YouTube popularity.

judge reinhold
Jul 26, 2001
Phil Dark-Side isn't the only one getting away with just making GBS threads out content. A man (I won't name names) streamed 7 hours of himself unzipping Fallout 3 mods and using a mod manager. And 3,000 people sat there watching it. I mention this because I see some of Dark Souls Phil's Dark Souls 2 videos got some views during his daily session, so maybe this is what viewers deserve.

judge reinhold
Jul 26, 2001

Roar posted:

People will watch literally anything.

It's true. Me and my friend sat there watching it (he was vapeing).

judge reinhold
Jul 26, 2001

RSCNyx posted:

do people really follow through on that?

No.

judge reinhold
Jul 26, 2001

RSCNyx posted:

This does bring up a question, though: What role should stream chats play in streams?

You should read it expecting to see something funny, then prepare for disappointment. Then forget about it for 20 more minutes and try to think of contemporary jokes to tell in The Sky Chase zone.

judge reinhold
Jul 26, 2001
Art is never finished, only abandoned.

judge reinhold
Jul 26, 2001

muike posted:

Mega Man Zero 3

Here you go: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JuLkWF8dnr0

judge reinhold
Jul 26, 2001
I would not post LPs if I were broadcasting into a void. They're too much effort. I would just do exactly the same thing without recording to it, and the jokes would be lost in the wind, like that movie, Last Samurai. It's nice to see cool stuff people make or funny things people post.

judge reinhold
Jul 26, 2001
I go to the gym and lift.

judge reinhold
Jul 26, 2001
I, too, was so upset by the passing of Mr. Williams that I sprayed saline all over my eyes.

judge reinhold
Jul 26, 2001
Now, I know this is probably a bit "uncouth" in light of recent tragedies... but I have to point out: when me and my guys did an LP of The Golden Compass, we mentioned Roger Ebert, who would pass less than a week after recording. Recently, we did a stream of Sega games and mentioned Robin Williams, who, again, passed in a very short amount of time after we recorded. If you want to give me money to use this Satanic Magic we possess, feel free to drop me a line.

judge reinhold
Jul 26, 2001

Lunethex posted:

I don't think anyone needs an introductory course to that.

A ... GIRL gamer?!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lVN1Apz45AE

judge reinhold
Jul 26, 2001
Discussions about gaming journalism, endless debating of crouch jumping, and now statistics about anime. I get it, thread. I'll just pack my things.

judge reinhold
Jul 26, 2001
That was the lamest outburst I've ever seen in my life. He didn't say he wanted a buffalo to take a diarrhea dump in his ear, he didn't say "caca-doodie-bullshit"... nothing! This is why we're on the outer edge of the LP bubble, friends: we've lost our way.

judge reinhold
Jul 26, 2001
The crime is reckless endangerment of PB, but usually gets plead down to Splitslaughter.

judge reinhold
Jul 26, 2001

Lazyfire posted:

Retsupurae finally did a video about yamimash and he ended up posting in the comments about how it was an honor to get retsupuraed. How can you see someone basically call your videos poo poo and think it's an honor?

There's no such thing as bad publicity.

judge reinhold
Jul 26, 2001
drat, that's chill.

judge reinhold
Jul 26, 2001

anilEhilated posted:

Wh- how in the world is there a PDP wiki?

There are wikis on all sorts of esoteric things, such as The Golden Compass. Also, it may help he is the most popular YouTube guy with 30 million subscribers and people love cataloging the Pewdieverse.

judge reinhold
Jul 26, 2001
drat, that's chill.

judge reinhold
Jul 26, 2001
The new game changer: cynicism.

judge reinhold
Jul 26, 2001
I'm doing a full body cam once my abs are a little better defined. That's "fine" to me.

judge reinhold
Jul 26, 2001
And, lo, the debate was finally settled. Everyone agreed to their opinion about face cams and vowed never to talk about it ever again on SA.

judge reinhold
Jul 26, 2001
People get different things out of watching stuff. Debate it endlessly until the end of time.

judge reinhold
Jul 26, 2001

Fish Noise posted:

The Rock is an excellent subject for a Someone Else's Face Cam format.

Some people want The Rock, others want The Anonymous RAW GM.

judge reinhold
Jul 26, 2001
Is LPing stupid or taken too seriously? I'm afraid I'm getting mixed messages. I don't care, I'd just like to take the opposite stance whenever possible (I am a tiresome contrarian).

judge reinhold
Jul 26, 2001
I think making that thread is a good idea and will encourage good community posting.

judge reinhold
Jul 26, 2001

Mega64 posted:

I'm curious to see the view counts of the people saying, "Yeah, four videos a day sound about right."

Though they probably still get more views than most of the people on SA.

I don't think so. You look at the people who post their garbage introductory threads here and their views are usually below 50 and they upload at least one video per day. I don't know if that advice is worth following anyway since I doubt someone who is starting out and just making GBS threads out videos as quickly as they can will really outshine the thousands of other people doing the exact same thing.

judge reinhold
Jul 26, 2001

slowbeef posted:

2. Unfortunately, when you take a break, you will lose viewers who don't come back. So you're kind of doing this balancing act of "I want people to know my channel is alive and kicking because they won't wait" and "well, I can't post just anything."

Is that true? I think people might lose interest, but I don't know anybody who prunes their subscription list regularly based on inactivity. Personally, I've unsubscribed to the Yogscast guys because they kept posting videos that I eventually realized I was never clicking on. Also, I unsubscribe from people on Twitter who go on lovely retweet sprees that clog my feed. And I consider myself the paragon to judge all other humans by.

Suspicious Dish posted:

Please do not be rude. Do onto others as they would do onto you.

This is good and I hope others adopt this mentality.

judge reinhold
Jul 26, 2001
Ya know, everyone is out there trying their best to do things. Give 'em some slack.

judge reinhold
Jul 26, 2001

Rupert Buttermilk posted:

THAT guy earns millions a year from youtube?

gently caress this gay earth.

He earns approximately 4 million a year. http://www.forbes.com/sites/erikkain/2014/06/18/youtuber-pewdiepie-is-making-4-million-a-year/

judge reinhold
Jul 26, 2001
That better be the Demi Lovato version.

judge reinhold
Jul 26, 2001
AS GOD AS MY WITNESS, DONKEY KONG IS BROKEN IN HALF!!!!!!!!!

judge reinhold
Jul 26, 2001
Where is BillyMC? Is this him?

He looks like Buff Bagwell?

judge reinhold
Jul 26, 2001
Twisted thought: a "contempt" (instead of content) creator.

judge reinhold
Jul 26, 2001

steinrokkan posted:

People making money off of LP / video game footage at all is a travesty, and not something I could ever condone by giving it a fancy title (otoh - people who use the term "job creators" tend to be assholes, so maybe there's legitimate use for "content creators" to parallel that)

It costs money to buy video games, better audio equipment, hosting, chicken nuggets, etc. Is there a reason people shouldn't attempt to break even if they can?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

judge reinhold
Jul 26, 2001

slowbeef posted:

It is also the example I go to for "don't worry about your voice." Genpei Turtle was nasally as poo poo and it turned me off initially, but you get used to it and it turned out to be a drat good LP.

I don't know what this is, I assume this is some insider lingo. I have a soft spot for Phelous and his monotonous voice that sounds like the Will Ferrel character from SNL who lost control of the volume of his voice due to being exposed to gold dust at an early age.

• Locked thread