Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Agent Burt Macklin
Jul 3, 2003

Macklin, you son of a bitch
Has anyone heard Maggie say anything about the fact her sister is missing? Like, even a throwaway comment? Her dad was beheaded in front of her and now her little sister is missing and she's just chillin' with Glen.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Agent Burt Macklin
Jul 3, 2003

pookerbug posted:

Did I somehow miss any discussion about the fleet of black cars parked outside the hospital?
Didn't that reveal that the story of how they "rescued" Beth was total bullshit?

That was a blink and you miss moment for this show - they tend to not be so subtle with things.

Agent Burt Macklin
Jul 3, 2003

Cingulate posted:

This episode left me with two questions.

How is Beth risking a zombie outbreak in a comparatively safe refuge for a bunch of people not totally awful of her?

When did "The Greater Good" turn into a clear tell for These People Are Evil?

I mean really if you think about it Rick's group is about the greater good too but they are our "heroes" that we root for, so it's okay. (Rape cop(s) aside of course).

Agent Burt Macklin
Jul 3, 2003

My worry now is that we have the group split into three factions (it would seem) and those sort of episodes aren't always among the best. But I'm hopeful - they didn't drag out Terminus and it looks like the hospital is going places. Are previews spoilers still? If so...

It looks like they are focusing on the group headed to DC which means they are pulling focus from everyone else. So, no movement on the other two fronts which is a bummer.

Agent Burt Macklin
Jul 3, 2003

moths posted:

It wasn't boring if you watched it. But we'll probably get another stabby smashy goon-pleaser soon.

I did watch it and it was boring for the most part. You're stating your opinion as fact.

(Which I know, should replace "The Internet Makes You Stupid" as this site's tag)

moths posted:

What was subtle was that they were ALL rape cops. It was a predatory culture that exploited their "wards" in every way, and the alpha ward was willing to murder when his place at the top of the bottom was threatened.

This is certainly how I took it. As I said up thread, this show doesn't always go the subtle route and so when it does...people get confused.

Agent Burt Macklin
Jul 3, 2003

ZombieParts posted:

They've also shown a few times that the roads are incredibly dangerous and unpredictable. We've actually seen multiple herds that have forced them to abandon vehicles. We've even seen weird phenomenon like what The Governor ran into when he tried to take his 'family' to safety. Before the prison they even talked about how several herds had kept them boxed in for basically the entire winter.

The herds are a constant threat and make the roads extremely dangerous

The herds are also the reason that they aren't on the main roads - that goes back to the first season when they were making their way out of Atlanta.

Agent Burt Macklin
Jul 3, 2003

When Eugene hit the ground and they flipped him over, his eyes were rolling back into his head - I thought he was having a seizure or something to be honest.

Agent Burt Macklin
Jul 3, 2003

I might stop watching the show and just read this thread. It's loving gold.

I haven't read the comics, but this show isn't particularly subtle. Did it seem like that was Abe's family and he was protecting them? Then yup, that's what it was.

Agent Burt Macklin fucked around with this message at 05:17 on Nov 12, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Agent Burt Macklin
Jul 3, 2003

QwertySanchez posted:

Michonne uses a club now? I thought she got her sword back. :eyepop:

Didn't she grab her sword off one of the Terminus guys after they killed them, in the church? She picked it up and gave kind of a wiry smile - not sure if she walked away with it. It was a blink and you missed it moment.

Agent Burt Macklin fucked around with this message at 17:52 on Nov 13, 2014

• Locked thread