Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Opinion Haver
Apr 9, 2007

I wonder if the staircase was a reference to the SCP-087 game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Opinion Haver
Apr 9, 2007

I liked the original, and I thought the super-glitchy main room after you try to 'evaluate' the demo was neat, but other than that it definitely did feel like it was too much.

Opinion Haver
Apr 9, 2007

Mordaedil posted:

The game is different depending on if you actually follow the directions of the narrator or try to gently caress him over, by constantly not doing what he says.

Try it. When he says "hurry, hurry", stand still.

Does he do anything if you actually do stand still for 20 minutes?

Opinion Haver
Apr 9, 2007

Bolian Blues posted:

The annoyed Narrator suggests we play a different game. So I, talking to myself, say out loud "Sure. How about Minecraft?"
A few moments later: :stonk:

I think that's enough Stanley Parable for today.

When I got this ending I eventually wound up falling down into the hallways from the original mod. I have no clue if that's what always happens, but it freaked me the hell out.

Opinion Haver fucked around with this message at 04:38 on Oct 18, 2013

Opinion Haver
Apr 9, 2007

I'm curious what happens if you actually do click the button in the 'save baby from fire' game for four hours. Tempted to set up an AutoHotKey script to try it (with the sound muted, dear god).

Opinion Haver
Apr 9, 2007

Timett posted:

I just did the unplug the phone ending... it had me walk back to the room with two doors and asked me to just go along with what he says. I restarted at that point figuring it would just play out like normal... sounds like I missed something? what happens if you don't listen to the narrator at this point?

You should see it for yourself, it's one of my favorite endings. That one, the countdown, and the stairs ending.

Opinion Haver
Apr 9, 2007

BenRGamer posted:

So, because I'm curious about what some people are saying about turning on the dev console and trying to noclip during the countdown timer, I turned on the dev console, but how do you turn on noclip? I haven't even gotten to the countdown timer yet, but I can't get noclip to activate after trying Noclip 1

Like in most Source games, noclip only works if you do sv_cheats 1 first.

Opinion Haver
Apr 9, 2007

Suspicious Dish posted:

And I actually miscounted. There's 16. You're missing coward ending and trapdoor ending.

Wait, which ones are these?

Opinion Haver
Apr 9, 2007

KozmoNaut posted:

I really hope this becomes a major breakthrough for Kevan Brighting. He does an amazing job and is easily as good as GlaDOS or Mark Hamill's Joker.

The line in the countdown ending where he says I erased them is probably one of my favorite lines in the entire game.

Opinion Haver
Apr 9, 2007

Strom Cuzewon posted:

I have a question about the telephone bit when you get the slideshow about making decisions in the real world, is the guy always called Steve?

Because that freaked me out for a minute.

Yes, he is.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Opinion Haver
Apr 9, 2007

Reading the negative reviews on Metacritic is pretty funny:

quote:

In not trolling and ive never given 1 out of 10 to any game in my life. Im serious at how much a waste of money this game is. Game incorrect- interactive narrative. Therefore it shouldn't even be in this section. The gameplay is 3 thing walk, click maybe 5 buttons, listen to the narrator and endings. No matter which way you go that's all you get. Gameplay 1 out of 10. Sound 2-3 tracks of music and then rest is the narrators rants reused sound effects 2 out of 10. Graphics are terrible texture are blank and bad 1 out of 10.
Story their is no story, its just like listening to a man ranting about life and everything about gameplay. Honestly its boring beyond its meaning 1 out of 10. This comes to an average of 1/10 If you include the time played and complete an average ending is 15mins. Replay ability you wish it wasn't. Buy heavy rain thats how you make a interactive narrative into a game. Demo was better than the game.

quote:

This game dont deserve to be selled. Is a bad bad remade mod, with and ultra lineal finals.
Play the mod instead to pay for this... Played all the finals and the game is ultra boring. A waste of money.

quote:

All these 10 reviews must be written by kids who have never read sci-fi or seen any good movies. This game I bite my tongue as I refer to this time-sink as a game is so overhyped. There is some humor in it, but nothing funny enough to pass the "I blew some air out of my nose" level. I've unlocked 9 out of 10 achievements and found most of the endings and find the whole experience to be largely unmemorable. I feel no desire to launch the game again to explore any further.

(I'm really curious how this last person managed to get either the 'spend an entire Tuesday playing it' or the 'don't play it for 5 years' achievements!)

• Locked thread