Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dreadwroth
Dec 12, 2009

by R. Guyovich
I played the original version back in the day and loved it. I just played the demo and I have to say that it was the best demo ever made. Like seriously, my jaw dropped about halfway through with how goddamn well written the dialogue is. I used to think Gone Home was my GOTY, but I think this might edge it out. I just wish I could preorder it.
And it looks loving amazing, is it still Source engine or did something get updated?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dreadwroth
Dec 12, 2009

by R. Guyovich
That is weird, I use the same resolution and it works fine on my system.
It might be hanging when it tries to display the extra pixels. Try reinstalling and picking a lower resolution. You may want to submit a bug report to the devs too.

Dreadwroth
Dec 12, 2009

by R. Guyovich
drat, yeah I'd go look in the Steamapps subdirectory folder for the game and nuke that poo poo. I noticed that Steam likes to hang on to config poo poo even after you have supposedly deleted a game.
Sorry it's not working, it's an amazing demo.

Dreadwroth
Dec 12, 2009

by R. Guyovich
I really enjoyed watching Adam Sessler's reactions to the Rev3 demo. It appears that a few of you may have been not paying attention when the Narrator explicitly stated that nothing in the demo was going to be in the main game. As soon as I heard that, I knew this was going to be the absolute best demo ever, and I was not disappointed. I got some serious Douglas Adams vibes off of the entire experience, and I think I need to go play the original mod again.

Dreadwroth
Dec 12, 2009

by R. Guyovich
Pretty much, but it should not be a black screen. I dont think that counts as spoilers.

MagicBoots posted:

I uh...I think I escaped the narrator... Send help, it's very dark and very quiet down here :saddowns:.
Oh come one it's not that dark down there! Just be patient, I got that ending too and was a bit confused.
Sooo I got the developer stuff and the credits, does that mean I legit beat the game? Because if I have to play it again, my brain is going to strangle me with my own intestines.
PS best $12.00 I ever spent

Dreadwroth fucked around with this message at 06:19 on Oct 18, 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dreadwroth
Dec 12, 2009

by R. Guyovich
I still think I got all the endings. I still havent found the 8 game yet...

• Locked thread