Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Shwqa
Feb 13, 2012

Kharmakazy posted:

The grey wolverine is a loving monster. His damage easily outpaces iron man, and he clears 3 rows with it at the same time.

You mean that 4 star one? Yeah he is far superior but he cost hundreds if not thousands of dollars to max level.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Starrett
Mar 22, 2006

Forum Oddity
Anyone found any good team combinations yet? I rolled some IAP and got some good stuff. thinking of running a specialized team of Black widow, Hawkeye, Bullseye. Bullseye has this gimmick move that if there are 4 Critical tiles on the board then he can do 800+ damage to a target. This is giving me real Magic the gather vibes :D

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Winner of Something Awful PS5 thread's Posting Excellence Award June 2022

Congratulations!
Welp. Dicked around with the system clock a little and now all my guys are locked out for 24 hours. I don't get any healing packs for 18 hours. Could just bump the clock ahead another day I suppose, but it seems like they're tinkering with it to avoid people using the system clock trick to revive their heroes faster.

Cloudchaos
Jan 18, 2004
Posted this in the general iOS thread but it probably got overlooked.

Cloudchaos posted:

MPQ tip: If you force close the app when it tries to make you spend your hero points on one of the 50 point covers and then reopen it you can buy the 150 point covers instead of being stuck on the 50 point cover page. You can also do this the second time it tries to make you buy one of those bullshit heroes and you can even buy the 500 ISO cover if you don't have 150 points the second time.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Putting Spiderman and Venom on the same team seems really unfair when Venom just eats one opponent. :stare:

Apocron
Dec 5, 2005

Cloudchaos posted:

Posted this in the general iOS thread but it probably got overlooked.

This tip never seemed to work for me.

Gallow
Apr 9, 2002

I SUPPORT ALL THE PREDATORS

SynthOrange posted:

Putting Spiderman and Venom on the same team seems really unfair when Venom just eats one opponent. :stare:

I want to know why they made a level when guest star Spider-Man only has his yellow power but not blue, making him practically worthless. Venom isn't there, so there's no way to make web tiles to heal from. GG, developers!

Cousin Todd
Jul 3, 2007
Grimey Drawer
In the interest of science, and since I was pretty much done playing this, there seems to be no safeguards at all against memory editing in unlimited coins/iso.

I don't believe doom drops at all from that IAP. I bought it over 200 times and never saw him.

Trainmonk
Jul 4, 2007

Kharmakazy posted:

In the interest of science, and since I was pretty much done playing this, there seems to be no safeguards at all against memory editing in unlimited coins/iso.

I don't believe doom drops at all from that IAP. I bought it over 200 times and never saw him.

I was already kinda planning on deleting this just because its only mildly fun and the iap stuff is ridiculous but this is a doubly good reason.

ghostwritingduck
Aug 26, 2004

"I hope you like waking up at 6 a.m. and having your favorite things destroyed. P.S. Forgive me because I'm cuter than that $50 wire I just ate."
I can't get VS to work for me on ios. Am I supposed to do something special to make this work?

Cloudchaos
Jan 18, 2004

Apocron posted:

This tip never seemed to work for me.

Maybe they changed something in a patch but here's how it happened for me:
    1. Get the 50 point reward, get forced into the recruit heroes screen. On this screen you can't hit anything other than either of the 50 point heroes.
    2. Force close the app.
    3. Launch the app. When you get back into the game it again forces you into the recruit heroes screen, however it opened to the 500 ISO/150 point page instead of the two 50 point cover page.
    4. Buy a cover.
Hopefully they didn't change how this works, it definitely worked for me before this last update (the one that changed the icon). Haven't been in a position to try it since.

I'm pretty sure they when you get back in it won't let you change back to the 50 point page similar to how it won't let you switch from that page when it is trying to force you into buying a hero so it might be possible to break your game if you don't have 150 hero points or 500 ISO when attempting this.

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Dragon Balls? Are they tasty?
So.. Am I supposed to just dick around replaying missions until I can tackle the Black Widow imposter? Because loving christ almighty, that fight is impossible with my current build. I figured "Oh, a couple of random mooks, who gives a poo poo what level they are?" Nope. I went back to some Juggernaut levels I hadn't done, but even those are pretty hard.

I did have a revelation about the Verses fights- I didn't realize that if you failed, they kept their life count when you re-challenged, so you can possibly take on a much harder team by just repeatedly smashing your head into them. Super useful to know! Some fights are bigger pains than others. Any group with Daken is pretty tough with his heal, plus a high level Iron Man with that armor ability is a bitch.

Quick Verses question- is there any way to lock in what team your opponents face when they challenge you, or is it random?

Emron
Aug 2, 2005

It looks from the event rewards page like not everyone is going to get Thor at the end of the Avengers event--what you get is going to depend on your rank. I'm 2000-something, so I'll probably end up with the awesome reward of 100 Iso-8 or something.

bubbapook
Jan 14, 2008

Emron posted:

It looks from the event rewards page like not everyone is going to get Thor at the end of the Avengers event--what you get is going to depend on your rank. I'm 2000-something, so I'll probably end up with the awesome reward of 100 Iso-8 or something.

My recollection was that the Thor reward announcement was entirely separate from the Avengers event, but that may have just been me.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

New Leaf posted:

So.. Am I supposed to just dick around replaying missions until I can tackle the Black Widow imposter? Because loving christ almighty, that fight is impossible with my current build. I figured "Oh, a couple of random mooks, who gives a poo poo what level they are?" Nope. I went back to some Juggernaut levels I hadn't done, but even those are pretty hard.

Yeah those fights are still kicking my rear end, and I have a level 27 Iron Man. Thankfully you dont need to clear those missions to unlock the next chapter, only the main villain storyline is needed.

Do Versus missions. You'll quickly rack up enough iso to level up your guys.

Cryohazard
Feb 5, 2010
Classic Storm helps a lot. I'm thinking you're best off assembling a team of 2* mans rather than trying to max anything higher.

ghostwritingduck
Aug 26, 2004

"I hope you like waking up at 6 a.m. and having your favorite things destroyed. P.S. Forgive me because I'm cuter than that $50 wire I just ate."

SynthOrange posted:

I posted up above and no one responded. When I try to do a versus mission I can't actually get the match to launch. Am I the only one posting here that's having this issue?

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

SynthOrange posted:

Yeah those fights are still kicking my rear end, and I have a level 27 Iron Man. Thankfully you dont need to clear those missions to unlock the next chapter, only the main villain storyline is needed.

Hah, I have been, but I'm even running out of those that are do-able. One is 3 star Spider-man, 3 star Ragnarok, and 4 star Wolverine. Not even going to waste my time..

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

ghostwritingduck posted:

I posted up above and no one responded. When I try to do a versus mission I can't actually get the match to launch. Am I the only one posting here that's having this issue?

Seems likely. Force-quit and restart? The app also got an update a few days ago.

New Leaf posted:

Hah, I have been, but I'm even running out of those that are do-able. One is 3 star Spider-man, 3 star Ragnarok, and 4 star Wolverine. Not even going to waste my time..

If you hit the skip button on the enemy team view, you pull a new opponent into the slot.

Also, last few hours of the points/iso sale. The $5 pack gives you enough bonus for 5 draws on the heroic card pack. There's also special offer heroes for the moment, Thor/Hawkeye Modern for 150 and good god what are you wearing Black Widow for 500. :I

I lucked out and drew two of Hawkeye's powers from my tournament reward and saving up hero points. Blue is a timered stun, the other is a timered area attack, and his purple is an auto-avoid if there are X number of purples on the board.

The avoid means he jumps to the back of the team and his teammates eat the attack instead. Hawkeye you jerk!

Synthbuttrange fucked around with this message at 00:55 on Oct 13, 2013

delfin
Dec 5, 2003

SNATTER'S ALIVE?!?!
The PvP event is structured smartly and annoyingly. I'm putting along with Iron Man / Black Widow / Thor, and pretty much just want the 425 point Thor reward to unlock another power. Wins are based on how many points each player has already earned, so I'm running into even matches worth diddly and new players with teams that'd slaughter mine that are still worth diddly.

Also fighting the urge to drop 50 of my last Hero points on another Covers expansion. Should get Storm Classic soon and the only thing I'm tempted to sell is Hawkeye. (Sitting on Iron Man, Storm Modern, Widow Modern, Hawkeye Classic, Thor Now, Venom Dark Avengers.)

EDIT: Aw poo poo, people who attack take your points as well as your rank? Now I have to claw up these last 50 points or so before I'm identified as easy pickings.

delfin fucked around with this message at 02:19 on Oct 13, 2013

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

I'm tempted to sell Venom, but I want to give a try at levelling him a bit along with Bag-Man and eat dudes more. His devour move is deceptively poo poo at low levels, but up against a levelled Venom it does tons of damage. :stare:

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

delfin posted:

EDIT: Aw poo poo, people who attack take your points as well as your rank? Now I have to claw up these last 50 points or so before I'm identified as easy pickings.
Well, they take your points - rank is just where you are on the leaderboard for points.

delfin
Dec 5, 2003

SNATTER'S ALIVE?!?!
Yeah, but when guys with Iron Man 27 and Thor 13 are giving me 6 points, getting any points picked off is nasty. I was hoping it was more like "you've gathered 425 overall" and not "you've gathered 425 but someone stole 15 from you so you didn't cross that line." I just want my dang Thor red attack.

Pulled one more time from the purple pit: Yelena Belova, Dark Avenger Black Widow. Meh.

butt dickus
Jul 7, 2007

top ten juiced up coaches
and the top ten juiced up players

delfin posted:

Yeah, but when guys with Iron Man 27 and Thor 13 are giving me 6 points, getting any points picked off is nasty. I was hoping it was more like "you've gathered 425 overall" and not "you've gathered 425 but someone stole 15 from you so you didn't cross that line." I just want my dang Thor red attack.

Pulled one more time from the purple pit: Yelena Belova, Dark Avenger Black Widow. Meh.
Gonna give you some tips on versus. I'm just over 600 rank so I'd like to think I"m doing ok.
  • Skip fights that don't give you many points
  • "Revenge" fights seem to give more points
  • You usually want to take out Iron Man first because he does the most damage and has the best skills
  • Try to fight against teams that don't have a lot of variety. Lots of characters will only have red skills so you can shut them out if you take all the red
  • Use your boosts if it looks like it's going to be a tough battle
  • Make sure to tap on their characters to see how much damage they do and their skills
  • You can slide the pane at the top of the game to the left and right to see how much of each color both sides have

Shwqa
Feb 13, 2012

I have found that people attacking and lower your score is an opportunity in disguise. They take -5 score, but beating them earns you 35 points. That was the only way I finally got to 425 score.

Remember that you get 3 attempts to beat your opponent. And they keep the damage you have dealt. Also people with a Thor without the yellow ability are easier pickings. The computer always uses thor's ability rather than iron man. So you take 150-200 damage instead of 350+. One last trick is the computer loves the environmental tiles. They will happily waste 6 turns to heal 50 hp, so set up those tiles if you can.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

I usually take out Black Widow first. She's fragile and she's got AP stealing and stun moves, both can be very annoying or even crippling.

Shwqa
Feb 13, 2012

SynthOrange posted:

I usually take out Black Widow first. She's fragile and she's got AP stealing and stun moves, both can be very annoying or even crippling.

Generally my take down pattern is

Any Black widow -> modern hawkeye with stun -> Thor with yellow ability -> iron man -> Thor without yellow ability -> any hawkeye without stun -> bag man

butt dickus
Jul 7, 2007

SynthOrange posted:

Yeah she's the second one I take out, but Iron Man does a shitload of damage and I've been doing better getting him out of the way first, even though he has the most life.

Slo-Tek
Jun 8, 2001

WINDOWS 98 BEAT HIS FRIEND WITH A SHOVEL
wait, you can target enemies specifically? I thought it was just whoever attacked last takes the hit?

Shwqa
Feb 13, 2012

Slo-Tek posted:

wait, you can target enemies specifically? I thought it was just whoever attacked last takes the hit?

That is for your characters. You can click on the enemy you want to attack.

delfin
Dec 5, 2003

SNATTER'S ALIVE?!?!

Doctor rear end in a top hat posted:

Gonna give you some tips on versus. I'm just over 600 rank so I'd like to think I"m doing ok.
  • Skip fights that don't give you many points
  • "Revenge" fights seem to give more points
  • You usually want to take out Iron Man first because he does the most damage and has the best skills
  • Try to fight against teams that don't have a lot of variety. Lots of characters will only have red skills so you can shut them out if you take all the red
  • Use your boosts if it looks like it's going to be a tough battle
  • Make sure to tap on their characters to see how much damage they do and their skills
  • You can slide the pane at the top of the game to the left and right to see how much of each color both sides have

I've done all of the above, and finally squeaked out my 425 by using up a couple of my heals. Hoping that won't screw me later on 'cause I'm not buying more. But I got my Mjolnir's Might and now people can beat my points away all they want 'cause I'm not going for top 1000.

EDIT: Hah, good thing too because someone with a fuckoff team just knocked me back below 425.

Shwqa posted:

I have found that people attacking and lower your score is an opportunity in disguise. They take -5 score, but beating them earns you 35 points. That was the only way I finally got to 425 score.

Remember that you get 3 attempts to beat your opponent. And they keep the damage you have dealt.

Now this confuses me. A lot.

If some guy with (let's say) Iron Man 23 Thor 13 Spider-Man 10 decides to beat me, it doesn't matter how many points he takes because I can't beat him back. Even if I do, don't the points you gain get cut in half if you take more than one attempt? And if he's got a killer team and is 200 points below me the points I'd gain are negligible anyway, and I've seen a ton of those.

butt dickus
Jul 7, 2007

You get one heal back per hour. Raising your level will also do a full heal.

Er, I guess it's more than an hour, maybe two?

delfin
Dec 5, 2003

SNATTER'S ALIVE?!?!

Doctor rear end in a top hat posted:

You get one heal back per hour. Raising your level will also do a full heal.

Er, I guess it's more than an hour, maybe two?

:stare:

Well. That would have been good to know earlier today. Spent a lot of purple points to level up powers and then level up Iron Man just to heal him up.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Well, what I do is take the 'With Great Responsibility' Venom mission and take two characters I want healed in with me. You get Spider-Man by default for that mission with his heal and stun. The heal heals 100 + 100ish for each web tile there are. Since the stuns that Spidey and Venom use spit out web tiles everywhere, a few rounds in and I've got a fully healed team. Then you can bug out and leave Spider-Man to fight Venom or finish it off for 20 iso.

Kalman
Jan 17, 2010

SynthOrange posted:

Well, what I do is take the 'With Great Responsibility' Venom mission and take two characters I want healed in with me. You get Spider-Man by default for that mission with his heal and stun. The heal heals 100 + 100ish for each web tile there are. Since the stuns that Spidey and Venom use spit out web tiles everywhere, a few rounds in and I've got a fully healed team. Then you can bug out and leave Spider-Man to fight Venom or finish it off for 20 iso.

This works great as long as the character you want to heal up isn't strong enough to override Spider-man on most hits - once you get to that point, Spidey won't tank for you and your guy will wind up sponging. Since he's already hurting, or you wouldn't be there, this is a non-ideal situation.

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

I did a ton of training on Verses and the fake-Black Widow missions are "Trivial" to me but still absolutely destroy me. Kinda bums me out that your dudes take longer to heal the higher the level they are. My wife is spending time at her dad's, so I have nothing to do. I've been playing this game non-stop this weekend, so the frequent downtime is annoying. It's like I have to find chores to do or something.

Somehow I got 3 Thor with the exact same red power. Wish I could get something new. Right now he's just a big meat shield since his red power is way weaker than Iron Man's for the same cost.

Shwqa
Feb 13, 2012

New Leaf posted:

I did a ton of training on Verses and the fake-Black Widow missions are "Trivial" to me but still absolutely destroy me. Kinda bums me out that your dudes take longer to heal the higher the level they are. My wife is spending time at her dad's, so I have nothing to do. I've been playing this game non-stop this weekend, so the frequent downtime is annoying. It's like I have to find chores to do or something.

Somehow I got 3 Thor with the exact same red power. Wish I could get something new. Right now he's just a big meat shield since his red power is way weaker than Iron Man's for the same cost.
Yeah yelena missions are hard as hell. It isn't her though, her teammates are always the tough ones. I finally beat her in the oscorp mission.

Course the next yelena mission drops Thor red and yellow....

delfin
Dec 5, 2003

SNATTER'S ALIVE?!?!
Is there any possible reason why I would want to hang onto the Bombastic Bag-Man?

Shwqa
Feb 13, 2012

delfin posted:

Is there any possible reason why I would want to hang onto the Bombastic Bag-Man?

I think he might get good with levels. His web making targets enemy strike and protect tiles at skill level 5. Im not sure if that will make up for his lack of offense, but I'm holding on to him to see, but I'm not holding my breath.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

How many covers are you guys running with? I have a full 10 I switch around when people are injured, but I just got the other Hawkeye and don't know what to do with him. I plan on hanging onto him, but don't know when I'll get an opportunity to use him. When are you guys selling covers?