Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

THE AWESOME GHOST posted:

Oh if you grew up playing Red and Blue this game is a total nostalgia boner. My party involves a Mega venusaur, a Snorlax I had to wake up with a pokeflute, and I caught a wild eevee. A WILD EEVEE

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

monkeu
Jun 1, 2000

by Reene

El_Funko posted:

Anyone know what time X/Y is available on the eShop?

I'm downloading it right now from the Australian eShop. It came out here about 5 minutes after midnight. The download is taking loving forever but it's almost finished!

Stalgren
Mar 22, 2006

Charizard Go!
I can't wait

DrManiac
Feb 29, 2012

El_Funko posted:

Anyone know what time X/Y is available on the eShop?

Midnight in whatever timezone you're in.

deadly_pudding
May 13, 2009

who the fuck is scraeming
"LOG OFF" at my house.
show yourself, coward.
i will never log off
FFffffffuuuuu

Do you people have any idea how hard I am going to have to fight myself to avoid buying this game before I move into my new place?

Don't got time to spend having pokemon fun :smithicide:

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

Has there been any word on how fast/slow battles are in X/Y compared to the older ones? I remember there being some concern over battles being way more slower-paced now that there are full 3-d models that have to act out attacks.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Heroic Yoshimitsu posted:

Has there been any word on how fast/slow battles are in X/Y compared to the older ones? I remember there being some concern over battles being way more slower-paced now that there are full 3-d models that have to act out attacks.

Someone in the previous thread told me that battles are suppose to be faster in this one. The only other Pokemon I played was Diamond, and battles in that were insanely slow.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

LightningKimba posted:

This thread is already Good 'n Goomy and that is grand. Always Goomy responsibly.

I'd like to suggest the thread title Pokemon Megathread: We're all Goony for Goomy.

I can't wait until tomorrow either. Excited about Pokemon for the first time since the late 90's, and I just hope I can get that $44 price on my preorder when I pick it up.

Caper
Feb 20, 2005

Fallen Rib
Can't wait. I know I'm picking Chespin and Squirtle. I can't believe Goodra turned out to be pure Dragon. It would've been awesome if it were Poison/Dragon (which is what it looks like it should be) since that would be a buffer against Fairy types. I know Dragalgae is but it's hideous. I think Dragon/Fairy would be a crazy type since it would be immune to Dragon.

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。
Gonna dog fight the poo poo out of some animals.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Neddy Seagoon posted:

I'd like to suggest the thread title Pokemon Megathread: We're all Goony for Goomy.
I'd like to suggest the forum title Something Goomy.

Nethilia
Oct 17, 2012

Hullabalooza '96
Easily Depressed
Teenagers Edition

DrManiac posted:

Midnight in whatever timezone you're in.

In the US it'll be midnight EST, so if you're West Coast, you can grab it at 9 pm.

I'll be late to the game, getting my (physical) cart bright and early Saturday morning. But then again, I probably won't go too far unless I can grab my game guide at the same time. Some people collect stamps. Some people collect heartbreak. I, among many things, collect Pokemon game guides. And then use them. Also, pretty pictures.

Crosscontaminant
Jan 18, 2007

Caper posted:

I know Dragalgae is but it's hideous.
What's it like being this wrong? :colbert:

Golden Lumber
May 30, 2013
Got my copy a day early! Or maybe this is my store's way of having a midnight release since they only open at noon. Game looks really good, and there's quite alot of old pokemon scattered around. Nice job on the new op too!

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
Oh boy oh boy oh boy, Amazon says my X/Y are Shipping Now and with one day delivery that means I should have them tomorrow without having to put any effort in besides opening my door! :neckbeard:

Hype level: Mega.

Cipher Pol 9
Oct 9, 2006

All the Mega Heracross naysayers need to wait and see him from the side, I can all but guarantee he's going to be glorious.

That said, he better get Rock Blast/Arm Thrust/Pin Missile??? to make use of that ability. Preferably all of them. And also Icicle Spear and Spike Cannon because why the gently caress not?

Oh god I just paid college tuition and I don't know if I'll be able to buy this day-one tomorrow, but how can I not?! Do I really need to eat/pass my classes?

Caper
Feb 20, 2005

Fallen Rib

Crosscontaminant posted:

What's it like being this wrong? :colbert:

I probably am. I've only seen a tiny little picture of it on Serebii or something and to me it just looked really weird. I'm sure my opinion will change. Especially because I like his typing so much.

Can I trade a Slowpoke with King's Rock from SS to White 2 and get Slowking? I haven't tried trading anything from SS to a Gen V game yet

Captain Fargle
Feb 16, 2011

I would like to nominate Goomy as official thread mascot!

All in favour?

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Captain Fargle posted:

All in favour?
I'm in favour.

Also, for those playing the game, how early can you get Goomy? I think this is something of critical importance.

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

You can trade fairly early, so someone could just give you a Goomy egg to start with for your own level 1 pal.

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused
OP contains no bug or steel types. Shameful.

Captain Fargle posted:

All in favour?

Goomy sucks for being pure dragon :colbert:

Crosscontaminant
Jan 18, 2007

Caper posted:

Can I trade a Slowpoke with King's Rock from SS to White 2 and get Slowking? I haven't tried trading anything from SS to a Gen V game yet
Intergenerational transfers don't count as trades. The way they were presented in Gen IV and V was more like a recapture, and in Gen VI they're not even making it part of the game itself.

Also items don't transfer from Gen IV to V or V to VI.

E3 Keynote
Jul 22, 2004

eyyyyyyyyyy
Guess I'll make a bunch of Goomy's for people!

Champeenship
Oct 9, 2012
Y is fully downloaded, took about an hour on the Aus eShop. Now excuse me while I go enjoy my mega Pokemon in glorious 3D.

LeafyGreens
May 9, 2009

the elegant cephalopod

Sorry if this has been cleared up before but can anyone confirm the number of SD blocks Pokemon takes up? I've heard its 14,000, in which case I'm going to need to do a significant tidy up cause I'm impatient :(

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Octolady posted:

Sorry if this has been cleared up before but can anyone confirm the number of SD blocks Pokemon takes up? I've heard its 14,000, in which case I'm going to need to do a significant tidy up cause I'm impatient :(

Ooh wow, I do not have that much space I think.

Nihilarian
Oct 2, 2013

I don't mind having a "cute" pseudo instead of the typical badass look.

But why is it dragon at all? Is there some kinda myth about a goopy slug dragon I've never heard? I think it would have been better with a secondary type, too.

Pretty cute, though, not gonna lie. Doubt I'll ever find a place for it, not with Mega Charizard, Mega Ampharos, Noivern, Tyrantrum and Dragalge in the game.

Champeenship
Oct 9, 2012
It was 13000 something blocks, so yeah, clean up time for some.

notthegoatseguy
Sep 6, 2005

I said come in! posted:

Ooh wow, I do not have that much space I think.

SD cards are cheap if you can order them online. They're a loving rip off at most stores.

Yestermoment
Jul 27, 2007

You fuckers and your early releases :mad:

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

notthegoatseguy posted:

SD cards are cheap if you can order them online. They're a loving rip off at most stores.

I just have to delete one game and i'm good, it turns out.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

Champeenship posted:

It was 13000 something blocks, so yeah, clean up time for some.

That's crazy, so much for my thoughts of getting this and SMT digitally. Can you check this stuff on the store before you buy a game? I've looked a little for other stuff but never found anything.

Manatee Cannon fucked around with this message at 15:33 on Oct 11, 2013

Liar Lyre
Jun 3, 2011

Here to deliver
~Bad Opinions~

Ohmygodohmygodohmygod! Tomorrow! I can get Pokemon Y tomorrow and play it in my matching 3DS because I'm a huge nerd! And I love it! I don't know who to pick. I'm thinking Froakie for right now.

i am tim!
Jan 5, 2005

God damn it, where are my ant keys?! I'm gonna miss my flight!
I gotta say this is the first Pokemon in a few generations that has caught my interest. Can anybody tell me if the battle pace has been picked up any? Like I'm not talking about radical changes to the combat flow, but one of the things that really bugged me the last time I tried to play Pokemon was all the time spent waiting for health bars to stop filling/emptying or sprites to stop flashing when all I wanna do is press A and use Fire Punch again.

Zahki
Nov 7, 2004

Heads up

I guess it was predictable with Mega Gengar, but still, pretty cool.

Fishylungs
Jan 12, 2008

Yestermoment posted:

You fuckers and your early releases :mad:

:(:hf::mad:

Plus I start my new job tomorrow so I won't be able to get my game until 6 or so.

Anyways, when does the GTS get opened up? I wanna know when I can start trading my X exclusives for Y exclusives.

Cipher Pol 9
Oct 9, 2006

Mega Alakazam?! Oh poo poo. And Gengar too! Not I'm disappointed that their Mega forms didn't go in a more... old-school direction.

I'm not the only one who remembers this episode, right?

notthegoatseguy
Sep 6, 2005

i am tim! posted:

I gotta say this is the first Pokemon in a few generations that has caught my interest. Can anybody tell me if the battle pace has been picked up any? Like I'm not talking about radical changes to the combat flow, but one of the things that really bugged me the last time I tried to play Pokemon was all the time spent waiting for health bars to stop filling/emptying or sprites to stop flashing when all I wanna do is press A and use Fire Punch again.

If the last game you played was Diamond/Pearl, that was known for being notoriously slow. Even turning off battle animations didn't save any time since the animations pretty much played out, you just didn't see them occur.

Every game has been fairly quick since then and I doubt that'll ever happen again.

However, knocking out high HP Pokemon like Blissey or Snorlax can still take a good while for the health bar to go all the way down. But for the most part, battles are much faster and you can always turn off battle animations to make it go even quicker.

You can always change your Battle Style to Set rather than Shift. For NPC battles, that means you won't get a prompt to switch after each KO.

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Do you want to know what we do to artists?

Zahki posted:

Heads up

I guess it was predictable with Mega Gengar, but still, pretty cool.

I predict he'll be wielding a giant spoon.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

robot roll call
Mar 7, 2006

dance dance dance dance dance to the radio

Manatee Cannon posted:

That's crazy, so much for my thoughts of getting this and SMT digitally. Can you check this stuff on the store before you buy a game? I've looked a little for other stuff but never found anything.

It's really easy to swap SD cards. I got a 32 gig one and I'm pretty much set for life (well, the 3DS' life). And yeah, stuff tells you how many blocks it takes on the e-shop before you buy it.

• Locked thread