Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll
Mono Fighting is such a boring overplayed type to have though, it's just a yawnfest at this point

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bobjr
Oct 16, 2012

Roose is loose.
🐓🐓🐓✊🪧

GlitchThief posted:

This is the first time I've ever followed Pokemon release hype so closely. Does The Pokemon Company ever leave some Pokemon as surprises to be found in the game, or will we eventually officially know about all of them prior to release?

There's always a few surprises barring leaks or something. Goomy and Klefki were surprises in the last games if I remember right.

less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll

Dunban posted:

They revealed literally every single new Mega Evolution before ORAS' release.

They kept Hoopa Unbound a secret though, minds were blown when that was discovered by digging through the game's code

Spintzel
Dec 31, 2007

Distractions makes it better when ya take up the ENTIRE ROAD
You can transfer your Pokemon all the way from Ruby to Omega Ruby if you really want to

Bakalakadaka
Sep 18, 2004

I could not transfer my Pikachus with surf and fly up from my heart gold game which saddens me but they would have sat in the box forever anyway.

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things

mabels big day posted:

Glad i can have a full crustacean team

I'm pretty sure you could before this.

Kingler/Crustle/Parasect/Clawitzer/Crawdaunt/Armaldo

hopeandjoy
Nov 28, 2014

GlitchThief posted:

This is the first time I've ever followed Pokemon release hype so closely. Does The Pokemon Company ever leave some Pokemon as surprises to be found in the game, or will we eventually officially know about all of them prior to release?

Depends. Normally there are still plenty of unrevealed new Pokemon, but XY revealed almost all of them pre-release. XY also had the fewest 100% new Pokemon of any Generation though.

less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll

The official Sun/Moon website posted:

Sandygast has the new Water Compaction Ability, an Ability that no previous Pokémon has had. With Water Compaction, its Defense stat will go up by 2 if it’s hit with a Water-type move.

dang son

Crosspeice
Aug 9, 2013

Dunban posted:

They revealed like 75% of the new Pokemon before X & Y's release.

Not exactly, but serebii breaks it down better than I could.

https://twitter.com/JoeMerrick/status/755428838176333825

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

mabels big day posted:

Gen 7's Pokemon designs are owning the poo poo out of gen 6's

TBH I've been pretty disappointed with the gen 7 designs so far. They aren't bad and they've got some cool ideas among them (Sandcastle) but not of them have stood out to me as "oh my god I need that on my team" like Honedge, Tyrantrum, Pangoro and Hawlucha.

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things

Crosspeice posted:

Not exactly, but serebii breaks it down better than I could.

https://twitter.com/JoeMerrick/status/755428838176333825

We're also now at 38 totally new and 8 Alolan forms. And there are 3 months left.

Raserys
Aug 22, 2011

IT'S YA BOY

hopeandjoy posted:

Depends. Normally there are still plenty of unrevealed new Pokemon, but XY revealed almost all of them pre-release. XY also had the fewest 100% new Pokemon of any Generation though.

I hope this gen has the normal amount of new mons, these designs are some of the best

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

this gen is shaping up to have my third favorite set of monsters, behind 2 and 6

Cicadas!
Oct 27, 2010

Something else that's cool is they still managed to work in a double-pun in Pallosand's name, to basically the same effect as the Japanese version.

Taking some liberties in pronunciation, Pallosand could be read to sound like either "Palace Sand" or"Pile o' Sand". For reference the pun in the Japanese name, Shirodesuna, could be read as "A Sand Castle" or "It's a castle, right?"

Cicadas! fucked around with this message at 18:07 on Aug 19, 2016

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
For me the ideal amount of pokemon known before release is around a third of the whole roster, but at the pace we're going we might hit 50 and I doubt there'll be 150 new 'mons this gen. I really hope we get around 100 at least, I don't want a repeat of XY :smith:

less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll

this is pretty rude

McDragon
Sep 11, 2007

what the gently caress is that crab he rules

less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll

ArmyOfMidgets posted:

I really hope we get around 100 at least, I don't want a repeat of XY :smith:

Gen VI had 120+ new mons, so...

Kinu Nishimura
Apr 24, 2008

SICK LOOT!

less laughter posted:

gen 6 had 72 new mons

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

McDragon posted:

what the gently caress is that crab he rules

coconut crabs are cool and good

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?

less laughter posted:

this is pretty rude

This is the best.

less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll

alcharagia posted:

gen 6 had 72 new mons

False, it had like 121.

McDragon
Sep 11, 2007

aw, the ghosts are even better in 3D and motion

also Stuful's tag :3:

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

less laughter posted:

this is pretty rude

Further confirms my headcannon that ground types are assholes.

less laughter posted:

Megas don't count.

Speaking of - has there been anything more on the rumours that they aren't returning for Gen 7? Friend was saying that there was some mutterings about it at gamescom.

Zore
Sep 21, 2010

less laughter posted:

False, it had like 121.

Even counting Mega-evos, in X/Y there were only 102 new monsters total.

103 if we're counting Az's flower that was never officially released and 99 if we remove the 3 legendaries which got released this year.

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

mega evos really don't count. they're interesting, i guess, but in terms of actual 'new' pokemon they're...not that.

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

If someone counts Megas as new Pokemon again I'm going to flip a lid.

Dunban
Jul 4, 2012

OH MY GOD GLOVER

Oxyclean posted:

Further confirms my headcannon that ground types are assholes.

Megas don't count.

Speaking of - has there been anything more on the rumours that they aren't returning for Gen 7? Friend was saying that there was some mutterings about it at gamescom.

Nothing was revealed at gamescom, but the Z-Ring does have a slot at the back that'd perfectly fit a Key Stone, so they're most likely not gone.

Boomstick Quaid
Jan 28, 2009
Some megas should have just been evolutions, like mega sableye and mega altaria

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
Gen VI has some of my favorite pokemon ever (Tyrantrum :allears:) but it is also one of the smallest gens by any metric.

less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll

Zore posted:

Even counting Mega-evos, in X/Y there were only 102 new monsters total.

Alcharagia and I both said gen VI, not just XY. You can read, right?

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon

Zore posted:

I'm pretty sure you could before this.

Kingler/Crustle/Parasect/Clawitzer/Crawdaunt/Armaldo

Parasect is a brain sucking mushroom

less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll

Zore posted:

Gen VI has some of my favorite pokemon ever (Tyrantrum :allears:) but it is also one of the smallest gens by any metric.

At 121 it had more new mons than gen II and IV, so it falls right in the middle.

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

Gen 6 designs are ok but the majority of gen 7 designs have been awesome. Drampa, Crabpunch, Litten, Turtonator, that bug/electric guy, the sandcastle, mimmikyu, bewear... its easier to name the designs that aren't awesome as hell

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

less laughter posted:

At 121 it had more new mons than gen II and IV, so it falls right in the middle.

You're about to be banned from this thread.

Boomstick Quaid
Jan 28, 2009
Yo they better make crabhammer a fist move

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

New pokemon designs that aren't awesome in gen 7: popplio, the mantis thing, and thats pretty much it. Alolan forms don't count.

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

psycho plantis rules heck off

Alfalfa The Roach
Oct 13, 2012

You need to be a badass first.
Popplio is an overconfident and smug circus seal, so it's actually a great design

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Boomstick Quaid
Jan 28, 2009
I love the mantis and his cool pants

• Locked thread