Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Pretzel Rod Serling
Aug 6, 2008

Nihilarian posted:

But why is it dragon at all? Is there some kinda myth about a goopy slug dragon I've never heard?

There genuinely is: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lou_Carcolh

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Desperate Character
Apr 13, 2009

Rhonne posted:

I predict he'll be wielding a giant spoon.

Or perhaps he'll exchange the spoons for sporks :ohdear:

Samael
Oct 16, 2012

Hahahaha, so the game has a warning when your 3DS is about to run out of battery. I was too entranced from grinding my charmeleon that I didn't even realise that my 3DS was about to die :D This game is too good.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Rhonne posted:

He just is a spoon. Not even a big spoon, just a floaty spoon.

Level Slide
Jan 4, 2011

I hope TMs are still multi-use.

Pretzel Rod Serling
Aug 6, 2008

Level Slide posted:

I hope TMs are still multi-use.

They are.

i am tim!
Jan 5, 2005

God damn it, where are my ant keys?! I'm gonna miss my flight!

notthegoatseguy posted:

If the last game you played was Diamond/Pearl, that was known for being notoriously slow. Even turning off battle animations didn't save any time since the animations pretty much played out, you just didn't see them occur.

Every game has been fairly quick since then and I doubt that'll ever happen again.

However, knocking out high HP Pokemon like Blissey or Snorlax can still take a good while for the health bar to go all the way down. But for the most part, battles are much faster and you can always turn off battle animations to make it go even quicker.

You can always change your Battle Style to Set rather than Shift. For NPC battles, that means you won't get a prompt to switch after each KO.

Ah, the last one I have played was Diamond/Pearl. It's good to hear that they've made improvements because fights in that game felt like a terrible slog for the sake of things that didn't need slogging. I've a few other things I have to sit down and play through before I can justify getting myself X and Y, but I definitely will sometime.

Especially if I can get a Torchic, which by the sounds of things I can for awhile. Speaking of, is Blaziken still awesome? That guy and Breloom were my favorites from Gen 3.

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

Rhonne posted:

He becomes the spoon.

deadly_pudding
May 13, 2009

who the fuck is scraeming
"LOG OFF" at my house.
show yourself, coward.
i will never log off

Harlock posted:

He becomes the spoon.

He realizes it is not the spoon that bends, but, rather, himself.

notthegoatseguy
Sep 6, 2005

i am tim! posted:

\Especially if I can get a Torchic, which by the sounds of things I can for awhile. Speaking of, is Blaziken still awesome? That guy and Breloom were my favorites from Gen 3.

Blaziken with Speed Boost is completely loving broken as all hell. Protect/Sub, Bulk Up/Swords Dance once or twice, then go ahead and destroy everything that doesn't have an immunity or resists your attacks.

Level Slide
Jan 4, 2011

Excellent.

Zahki
Nov 7, 2004

notthegoatseguy posted:

Blaziken with Speed Boost is completely loving broken as all hell. Protect/Sub, Bulk Up/Swords Dance once or twice, then go ahead and destroy everything that doesn't have an immunity or resists your attacks.

Can't wait to see what he'll do with an extra 100 added to his base stats. :shepface:

Crosscontaminant
Jan 18, 2007

quote:

habe voltensollt gefunden (: brauche noch as pokemon und ihr bekommt nen neuen leak ^^
Voltenso is Manectric, so Voltensollt is Manectrite.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

deadly_pudding posted:

He realizes it is not the spoon that bends, but, rather, himself.

But does it turn blue and gain antennae to help it fight evil?

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

For indigestion, take Alakazite.

DrManiac
Feb 29, 2012

Does this game have Nintendo brand mandatory tutorials that slow the start of the game to a crawl?

notthegoatseguy
Sep 6, 2005

DrManiac posted:

Does this game have Nintendo brand mandatory tutorials that slow the start of the game to a crawl?

BW and BW2 sped through that stuff pretty quickly. What took 30-60 minutes in some Gen 3 and 4 games took, like, 5-10 in Gen 5. I hope they didn't change that.

BearDrivingTruck
Oct 15, 2011

You see the most shocking sights sometimes
If your 3DS can connect to the internet without issue, you'll be able to use GTS and the like without issue as well, right? I got my 3DS in June, was able to download the Dream Radar, but I was unable to use the GTS in White 2. I want to be absolutely sure I can play without missing out on things.

Crosscontaminant
Jan 18, 2007

Oh man that's pretty cool.

Previous Jesus
Jun 5, 2013
Yessss, Mega Banette. And in my case, Shiny Mega Banette! But not until January. :(

Now there just needs to be Mega Unown so my Shiny Unown A can be the star he was always destined to be. :getin:

Samael posted:

Hahahaha, so the game has a warning when your 3DS is about to run out of battery. I was too entranced from grinding my charmeleon that I didn't even realise that my 3DS was about to die :D This game is too good.

When I first got Pokemon Ruby I played it for so long (without saving) that my GBA's battery actually died. I was also a dumb 8 year old.

e: Some Australian (he holds like all the Pokemon speedrunning records) is streaming X and Y here if you don't have it early and want to spoil yourself http://www.twitch.tv/werster

Previous Jesus fucked around with this message at 15:56 on Oct 11, 2013

Nickname Pending
Jan 2, 2008

I learned how to play beer pong from the Prince of Uganda at a university party.
The Gamestop in my area isn't having a midnight release, but are opening early the day it comes out. But, of course, my job has me scheduled for loving 2:30-11 the same day, so I don't get long to play :(

Golden Goat
Aug 2, 2012

Just picked up my copy in Ireland, apparently they don't give a gently caress about releasing it a day early despite all the boxes on their shelves saying "12.10.2013".

I'm actually really excited to play pokemon after so long.

Sultan Tarquin
Jul 29, 2007

and what kind of world would it be? HUH?!
If you live in England and you didn't order it from ShopTo you're a crazy person!

Serperoth
Feb 21, 2013

Crosscontaminant posted:

This is just glorious. Spoons.

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

Crosscontaminant posted:

First Pokemon with facial hair?

What an evolution.

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Crosscontaminant posted:

That fuckin' beard.

(What's best, 3DS XL, 3DS Mini, or 2DS? What are the major differences?)

Desperate Character
Apr 13, 2009

Crosscontaminant posted:

Vanilluxe eating champion :allears:

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Do you want to know what we do to artists?

Crosscontaminant posted:

Hahahaha YES! More spoons=more psychic!

ChiTownEddie
Mar 26, 2010

Awesome beer, no pants.
Join the Legion.

Crosscontaminant posted:

yesssssss.
Super excited to play this. I've historically skipped around in the series (Red, Emerald, Black) and am currently really feeling some new pokemons.

E: hahaha all the quotes of the picture being excited about it XD

Dinictus
Nov 26, 2005

May our CoX spray white sticky fluid at our enemies forever!
HAIL ARACHNOS!
Soiled Meat

Crosscontaminant posted:

I can understand Mega forms not having sexual dimorphism, but drat.

Lady's got a most luscious beard.

Serperoth
Feb 21, 2013

Sandwolf posted:

That fuckin' beard.

General consensus seems to be that the 3DSXL is the best choice. It's more comfortable than the 3DS, and larger (obviously). 2DS is still "untested", but I don't have any hard facts about it yet, aside from the fact that it lacks 3D capabilities, but can play 3DS games, in 2D.

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused

Crosscontaminant posted:

He evolved into the Dark Seer.

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

Sandwolf posted:

That fuckin' beard.

Size, really is the biggest difference. Also the start/select/home buttons. 2DS doesn't do 3D and doesn't have a hinge. But it's also cheap. $129.99. 3DSXL has a monster screen and is $199.99. You could probably find a regular 3DS around $140-150. Or around ~$100 used.

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

Nethilia posted:

In the US it'll be midnight EST, so if you're West Coast, you can grab it at 9 pm.

I'll be late to the game, getting my (physical) cart bright and early Saturday morning. But then again, I probably won't go too far unless I can grab my game guide at the same time. Some people collect stamps. Some people collect heartbreak. I, among many things, collect Pokemon game guides. And then use them. Also, pretty pictures.

Yeah, I'm getting a physical copy too. Can't go without that sweet box to show off.

Dastardly
Jun 14, 2011

Fresh outta hecks.
I forgot how mind-numbingly boring it is to reset over and over for a female starter with a non terrible nature.

Crimson Sox
Jan 16, 2008

Bromance

Nickname Pending posted:

The Gamestop in my area isn't having a midnight release, but are opening early the day it comes out. But, of course, my job has me scheduled for loving 2:30-11 the same day, so I don't get long to play :(

I feel your pain. I'm working 8AM-6PM tomorrow so I'm not even bothering with the midnight release.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

Wow, that Alakazam is amazing.

I want there to be a Mega Dragonite just to see what they'd name it's evolution item.

Slate Action
Feb 13, 2012

by exmarx

Crosscontaminant posted:

I love everything.

How many megas does this make now? 25? Plus there's five more from the 'trademark leak' who have yet to appear (Latios/Latios, Jynx, Scizor, Houndoom)

Slate Action fucked around with this message at 16:06 on Oct 11, 2013

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

Zahki posted:

Heads up

I guess it was predictable with Mega Gengar, but still, pretty cool.

I was in that exact spot and I didn't find poo poo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Solumin
Jan 11, 2013
I am still stupidly excited that the original Hyper Beam noise has returned

• Locked thread