Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:
The last time I was really into Pokemon I was 12, but I mean come on actually being able to catch all Pokemon without leaving my house plus Super Blastoise is just too enticing to ignore so now I'm at 4% download of Y.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
I just wonder traded a bred Charmander for a Chespin. I dunno, I think it's a sweet coincidence, trading starter Pokémon like that v:shobon:v

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
I can understand why some Pokemons like Tyranitar get Mega Evolutions (because Tyranitar is loving awesome), but were people really clamoring and screaming for a new Manectric evo? Why not give one to like, Farfetch'd. That poor, unloved rear end in a top hat.

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006

Crosscontaminant posted:

The whole point of Mega Evolution is they want to make poo poo Pokémon usable, which is what actual evolved forms used to do before they stopped doing that because of how much people complained about Magmortar, Electivire, Tangrowth, Magnezone and Probopass. The ones for cool (already strong) Pokémon like Tyranitar, Garchomp and Lati@s are for marketing purposes.

Farfetch'd will remain forever terrible because the entirety of the drat joke is it's a duck that walks up to you carrying the very ingredients you need to make it into a soup.

Sorry, I missed the previous generations, but what were the complaints on those guys?
And if the point is to make poo poo Pokemon usable, why not just tweak their stats to not make them awful? Or give them gimmicks and abilities that make them useful?

And I've wanted a Farfetch'd evo ever since I saw this cool samurai-themed evolution :v:

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006

Internet Kraken posted:

Gen IV added a ton of evolutions to old pokemon, many of which were Gen I. It made them a lot better by giving them access to new moves and better stats, but for the most part they looked AWFUL. A lot of people got pissed off because they viewed it as Gamefreak ruining their favorite pokemon by giving them hideous evolutions.

They can't be that ba-

Oh.

Ohhh.

Ohhhhh.

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
Is there a point where the NPC trainers will begin using more than 3 Pokemon? The game feels like it has no challenge at all. I mean, I know I could probably just battle online but at this point I'm probably the equivalent of that lovely fisherman that sends out six magikarps.

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006

Emalde posted:

These pokemon have had their pictures circulated for almost a week now back when Smealum revealed them, it's nothing special and you're really late to report on it.

Here are the actual pictures since that guy who posted after you is a derp :siren: spoilers i guess if you care about poo poo that wont be in the game for literally two years :siren:

Hoopa: http://i.imgur.com/5FoxJuI.png
Volcanion: http://i.imgur.com/YmR49de.png http://i.imgur.com/SDb7dqZ.png
Diancie: http://i.imgur.com/Sirjtar.png http://i.imgur.com/PRbQxpE.png

Why two years? And I guess that last one is Fairy/Rock? Interesting typing, at least.

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
Anybody have the images of the starter evos? Missed them

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
I hate water monster

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
So why did gamefreak make it so like four generations of games had the exact same fire fighting typing for a beginner

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
Hopefully there's different typing variations and not just fire Pokémon but ice or flying Pokemon but ground

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
Dark type is based on fighting dirty and underhanded right? Litten Evo looks like he'd be willing to grip a guy in the glans to gain the upper hand

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006

Zore posted:

I am doing an XY Nuzlocke and ran into a Pikachu as my second pokemon. I thought 'sweet, I never really used Raichu'

Then I caught it and its Rash and holding a Light Ball, so now I have a ridiculous glass cannon that can kill everything in one thundershock.

well thats my Nuzlocke story.

Please do not consort with Pokemon in that way and apply a topical cream for that rash

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
I wanna get back to Pokemon Y but I have no idea where in the plot I am. Fairly sure I already climbed the Eiffel tower and already got the lucario and charizard mega evos and am currently lost in not Paris which is a monumental pain in the rear end to navigate

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
What would you call the stone that lets Dragonite mega digivolve?

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
OK so after some investigation I discovered I have seven gym badges, missing Wulfric's, and I gotta head east but I can't because route 18 is closed because a Pokemon destroyed the road so I still don't know whaddafuck

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006

BearDrivingTruck posted:

Have you resolved the Team Flare plot?

I have no idea. Where would I go to do that?

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006

Carlosologist posted:

Lumiose City, on the north side. hit up Lysandre Cafe, it's the red one

I discovered I had already done that but the luchador guy there told me I had to go to this other town and Lysandre kicked my rear end incredibly hard. I beat him but he took down half my team with his gyarados. My guys are really weak to dragon turns out

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
I wonder if Z Moves take up a space in your move list or if it's like mega evolutions where it's a separate button

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
Can I Pokemon Bank my Soul Silver Pokemons?

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
I'm getting a closer look at all the new pokemon and my god all of these designs are fantastic, from the thing that's mimicking Pikachu to the rail gun beetle and inspector mongoose has to be the best trash mammal ever designed

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
Is there a typing combo that hasn't been created yet

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
No hate, let's post our favorite music.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XJZPW9aEEgk this is a good tune that puts me back in my youth beating the entire Elite 4 while sitting in the can

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jxk9DqdYsJ4 this is a good tune when you fight the strongest pokemon master ever; you a couple of years before you played Silver

And that's it because I didn't play anything else until XY and I cannot for the life of me remember any music for that game

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
Gotta be uncomfortable wearing black clothing and bandanas and hats and stuff in Hawaii

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
Ate they updating the move list and eliminating the most egregious bugs?

(twenty years later I'm still trying to figure out why they only made one dragon move and make it do set damage to boot)

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
Remake Pokémon Pinball.
That was a great game to take to the can

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
Has he ever won a league? Indigo, Johto, Orange, and whatever happens between that and Kalos?

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
Remember in Gold/Silver how cool it was to exchange phone numbers with trainers who would periodically call you for a rematch, to tell you about how a rare Pokemon type is at the moment fairly common, or just to chat you up? That feature blew my mind as a kid.

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
And the radio with the different talk shows and music that would act like repels and attracts and the lottery that had an astronomically small chance of awarding you with a Master Ball
Man Silver was a good game

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
Will they box Greninja? I thought he was the most popular pokemon ever and the burning spirit fusion thing seems like a pretty big deal to just ignore

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
What was Greninja's movelist

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
Wow Ash's Greninja's moveset is insanely bad. Is cut that destructo disc thing he fires off in the preview?

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
But why not Nightslash instead of the dullest shittiest gen 1 hidden machine move
Water Shuriken is actually a really mediocre move right? Low power and Greninja is fast enough he'd never need a priority move right?

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
So does this confirm mega charizard X is the strongest Pokemon ever

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
Oh man speaking of disastrous movelists I used to have a Hitmonchan in blue with Metronome, Mega Punch, Mega Kick and Strength and I took that fucker all the way to the Elite 4

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
So you can't Pokemon Box from Soul Silver?

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
So my soul silver guys will never move know to the next generation? Sucks

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
Diggersby is not a real Pokemon name come on stop bullshitting me

• Locked thread