Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
HenryEx
Mar 25, 2009

...your cybernetic implants, the only beauty in that meat you call "a body"...
Grimey Drawer
She should use a Monster Hunter hunting horn. She can go clubbing in the physical and musical sense of the word with it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
Most bards carry light weapons. She uses a big gently caress-off spear because she thinks it is cool (it is).

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH
No I dig it, just weird to see her do melodies while toting it around

Edit:

You know, for a bunch of mmo spergs, most of the important characters like the guild leaders and LH peeps are pretty compassionate and reasonable and aren't just looking out for their own interests. So, not at all like mmo spergs.

Its Rinaldo fucked around with this message at 08:00 on Oct 1, 2014

Myurton
Jan 2, 2004

I <3 Asuka,
omg anime fag

Bad Moon posted:

You know, for a bunch of mmo spergs, most of the important characters like the guild leaders and LH peeps are pretty compassionate and reasonable and aren't just looking out for their own interests. So, not at all like mmo spergs.

Probably cause they realized that they ain't inside an MMO they be in an alternate reality that resembles the game they played. So acting like it be a video game still would be stupid of them. Though there are most likely those that still think of the world they are trapped in, in that way.

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

Myurton posted:

Probably cause they realized that they ain't inside an MMO they be in an alternate reality that resembles the game they played. So acting like it be a video game still would be stupid of them. Though there are most likely those that still think of the world they are trapped in, in that way.

We saw some. Remember the guild they rescued Serara from?

Myurton
Jan 2, 2004

I <3 Asuka,
omg anime fag

Darth Walrus posted:

We saw some. Remember the guild they rescued Serara from?

Oh right forgot about those guys. Anyways only 4 days left till we get a new season, I hope we get to see more of Krusty's hilarious rape face.

Kyte
Nov 19, 2013

Never quacked for this

Bad Moon posted:

You could say Akiba lucked out. We'll see more of the spergs this time.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
The mega-spergs had to actually interact with people without the computer to serve as an intermediary. ETO wasn't a vr game, so it may have been that they went back to being shut-ins to the best of their ability. The biggest and most successful guilds are of course complete fantasy, in that their leaders actually have leadership ability instead of just being the loudest and most obnoxious fuckups around.

KoB
May 1, 2009

Bad Moon posted:

No I dig it, just weird to see her do melodies while toting it around

Edit:

Also keep in mind that a lot of these people played the game in its hayday a decade ago, a lot of them probably grew up and entered the workforce and mellowed out.

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH

KoB posted:

Also keep in mind that a lot of these people played the game in its hayday a decade ago, a lot of them probably grew up and entered the workforce and mellowed out.

It's weird I can actually relate, as I used to raid years ago in Wow and even was an officer and occasionally came back to play for a couple months when a new expansion came out. I was never so thankful to be in a guild with a bunch of parents when I was heavy into raiding. Yeah it was hard to schedule stuff but goddamn is it easier to deal with adults who had poo poo to do and don't think missing out on a purple hat this week is some kind of war crime.

Vengarr
Jun 17, 2010

Smashed before noon
S2 OP with the song dubbed over the annoying voiceover.

Myurton
Jan 2, 2004

I <3 Asuka,
omg anime fag

Bad Moon posted:

It's weird I can actually relate, as I used to raid years ago in Wow and even was an officer and occasionally came back to play for a couple months when a new expansion came out. I was never so thankful to be in a guild with a bunch of parents when I was heavy into raiding. Yeah it was hard to schedule stuff but goddamn is it easier to deal with adults who had poo poo to do and don't think missing out on a purple hat this week is some kind of war crime.

Funny you just pretty much described my experiences with WoW and raiding. Most of the really good raid guilds that I was a part of were run by people who weren't crazy, so I feel that more average people playing is more often the norm. Though that may not be so true in Japan.

Overlord K
Jun 14, 2009
Man, Naotsugu really got hit hard by the studio change. The faces for most of the characters is largely the same but he clearly looks different.

darkgray
Dec 20, 2005

My best pose facing the morning sun!
S2 ED song:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PKwPOjPDlKQ

Ethiser
Dec 31, 2011

Someone please tell me that the books season two covers don't have anymore of the stuff with a love triangle between two people in college and a middle school girl.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

Ethiser posted:

Someone please tell me that the books season two covers don't have anymore of the stuff with a love triangle between two people in college and a middle school girl.

There might be some bad news ahead for you. At the very least, I really don't think Shiro would even consider whatsherface; her age is a pretty big hurdle for a dork like him.

I can't say for sure, though, because :japan:. My apologies. :iiam:

Kyte
Nov 19, 2013

Never quacked for this

Ethiser posted:

So far there wouldn't be much of a chance to show anything, since Shiroe, Akatsuki and Minori are each in a different group for the timeframe in Books 6, 7 and I assume 8 as well.

Adelheid
Mar 29, 2010

So, this is supposed to start tomorrow, right? Is Crunchyroll streaming it? They don't have any information about season 2.

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

shiroe turned her down pretty solidly and now its a standard admiration for a mentor thing so i have no idea what you are talking aobut

aers
Feb 15, 2012

Adelheid posted:

So, this is supposed to start tomorrow, right? Is Crunchyroll streaming it? They don't have any information about season 2.

http://www.crunchyroll.com/forumtop...school-entrance

3 hours after it airs unless I hosed up the timezone.

Largepotato
Jan 18, 2007

Spurd.

I prefer the S1 ED, but at least this PV had 99% less stripper pole.

Demicol
Nov 8, 2009

I originally stopped watching at episode 21, I figured I would catch up now that season 2 is starting, but will I really miss anything if I just skip the rest of the show? Is it all just more of this festival / love triangle nonsense?

Adelheid
Mar 29, 2010

Demicol posted:

I originally stopped watching at episode 21, I figured I would catch up now that season 2 is starting, but will I really miss anything if I just skip the rest of the show? Is it all just more of this festival / love triangle nonsense?

It's about the festival, but not really about the love triangle, and there's actual reasons for why it goes through it all. tbh though you could probably skip to the last episode and not miss much.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
That final arc is what sets off Akatsuki's crippling depression, but yeah, you could skip to the last episode if you like.

Ethiser
Dec 31, 2011

I thought the last episode was great for showing just how much Shiroe knows about the rest of the world.

Kyte
Nov 19, 2013

Never quacked for this
The last ep also sets up the major rival character.

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH

Shinjobi posted:

There might be some bad news ahead for you. At the very least, I really don't think Shiro would even consider whatsherface; her age is a pretty big hurdle for a dork like him.

I can't say for sure, though, because :japan:. My apologies. :iiam:

God, that would be so :japan: when the person that actually has a personality that is similar to Shiroe in Henrietta isn't even considered :argh:

Lotus Aura
Aug 16, 2009

KNEEL BEFORE THE WICKED KING!
Huh, so the main deal at first is going to be an economic crisis? That... makes perfect sense all things considered. The whole vague "it goes against an ancient treaty" thing prevents an immediate solution but Shiro not getting the details of what that actually consists of is a little weird.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007

Bad Moon posted:

God, that would be so :japan: when the person that actually has a personality that is similar to Shiroe in Henrietta isn't even considered :argh:

Hey, she considered it. Henrietta does find Shiroe attractive, but then she decided that she'd rather watch from the sidelines and go on occasional sexual harassment rampages than get involved herself.

Dick Spacious CPA
Oct 10, 2012

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

DrSunshine
Mar 23, 2009

Did I just say that out loud~~?!!!

"I'm sorry Miss Akatsuki, being ~*~MOE~*~ isn't tax deductible."

ScottyWired
Jan 30, 2014

Don't believe in yourself. Believe in the Kamina who believes in you. u suk
That little freaky bit before the ED is a painful cliffhanger and preview say we ain't getting answers.

I'm curious about volume 6, because season 2 skips it sorta and goes straight to volume 7.

But in the process of researching this... ENGLISH NOVEL RELEASE MARCH 2015

Adelheid
Mar 29, 2010

ScottyWired posted:

That little freaky bit before the ED is a painful cliffhanger and preview say we ain't getting answers.

I'm curious about volume 6, because season 2 skips it sorta and goes straight to volume 7.

But in the process of researching this... ENGLISH NOVEL RELEASE MARCH 2015

6 and 7 happen at the same time but focusing on different groups, and 6 starts slightly after 7 does. they're animating it in chronological order.

Demicol
Nov 8, 2009

When can I buy a goat-slime plushie

Dante Logos
Dec 31, 2010
Log Horizon 2: The Quest for More Money

I love the solution to their money woes is basically "let's go to the source and take all that we need."

Annointed
Mar 2, 2013

Dante Logos posted:

I love the solution to their money woes is basically "let's go to the source and take all that we need."

Well to be fair, Controlling the very necessities of every Adventurer in the city don't come cheap. Besides, what's going to happen? Shiroe finds their AI script and makes them hand him infinite dollars?

Paracelsus
Apr 6, 2009

bless this post ~kya

Dante Logos posted:

Hope he's prepared for currency devaluation.

Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat
Well this kinda jumped around. Eh. I wouldn't have been very impressed by this episode had I not loved the first season.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007

Drifter posted:

Well this kinda jumped around. Eh. I wouldn't have been very impressed by this episode had I not loved the first season.

That was just to serve as an intro for the different plot threads. It settled into Shiroe's story pretty quickly. I'm not sure if they will do each story to the end before starting on the next one or if they will jump around later.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ArchangeI
Jul 15, 2010

Paracelsus posted:

Hope he's prepared for currency devaluation.

I dunno. it sounds to me like the money is supposed to pay primarily for running costs to whoever it is you pay for buying buildings and poo poo. It's not like they are going to buy up crafting material en masse. The money won't end up in the player-driven economy.

• Locked thread