Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dante Logos
Dec 31, 2010
Speaking of Rudy, as a Person of the Land, how can he have class skills exactly? What I'm thinking is that he is one of the Knights of Izumo. They got horribly deleveled and thrown off to parts unknown more than likely because of the Apocolypse.

I've binged this over the course of my day off, loving it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dante Logos
Dec 31, 2010
Well, it wasn't a TOS, but close enough. Makes me wonder if this means that new skills can be developed. Like if a martial artist player can use what they learned and develop them into skills.

Dante Logos
Dec 31, 2010

Drifter posted:

I think you're digging to fit your hypothesis. In many parts of the show Shiroe is shown not only holding his own but beating the gently caress out of things without the help of other people, or making brand new magic, or doing somethingorother.

I agree. Everyone plays a role. It isn't just a story about Shiroe, but a story about the guild and the Round Table. Teamwork and all that good stuff.

Dante Logos
Dec 31, 2010
Log Horizon 2: The Quest for More Money

I love the solution to their money woes is basically "let's go to the source and take all that we need."

Dante Logos
Dec 31, 2010

ArchangeI posted:

I dunno. it sounds to me like the money is supposed to pay primarily for running costs to whoever it is you pay for buying buildings and poo poo. It's not like they are going to buy up crafting material en masse. The money won't end up in the player-driven economy.

I think they need to pay monthly for upkeep. They had to buy all the player-centric building to prevent them from used against them. If the guild building is 5 million, then I imagine that the upkeep costs for all the buildings will be 10 million a month.

And knowing Shiro, I can bet that the trillions that they need isn't just for upkeep.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dante Logos
Dec 31, 2010

XboxPants posted:

Well, presumably they'll eventually have to start making new generations of adventurers.

That makes me wonder how social institutions developed in the MMO after the Apocalypse. Like marriages and the like. You can do that online in the real world, so it wouldn't be that big of a stretch.

• Locked thread