Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
grrarg
Feb 14, 2011

Don't lose your head over it.

Dan7el posted:

The info dumping is overdoing it, for sure, but I'm okay with that as long as it stops soon. I think they're trying to establish the milieu. It's a sleep spell to put him to sleep because he's an Enchanter and they can put people to sleep with ... er... things like sleep spells. Most games have a "control" class that casts some sort of stun or mez or sleep, so I can give them some leeway to describe the classes abilities some.

If you've played WoW or EQ, you know what a tank is, but if you haven't then they might need to be more descriptive. Maybe?
The excessive infodumping is probably due to the show originally airing on NHK-Educational in the afternoon/evening. That will get a much broader audience than the typical late-night anime watched by otaku that are already familiar with MMOs.

I could not make it more than halfway through SAO or Accel World. I hope this turns out better.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

grrarg
Feb 14, 2011

Nipponophile posted:

I'd have a hard time putting into words what I like about this series, but it's just so compelling. It's giving me things that I didn't even know I was looking for in a show. It'll be great if we can get some kind of closure at the end of this season, but this is something I would absolutely love to see renewed in a future season.
I was talking to someone about this earlier. When you stop to think about it, not much happens in each episode yet each one seems to be over in a blink of an eye. Any other show would feel like each episode was dragged out forever.

And yeah, if NHK can give Phi Brain three (so far!) 25 episode seasons, they should be able to give Log Horizon more. Earlier in the thread, someone linked one of the author's 4chan Q&As. He talked about how the NHK people and staff were pleasantly surprised with the reaction the anime was getting.

grrarg
Feb 14, 2011

Emalde posted:

So this episode of course has a huge number of implications, but instead of spinning on something I feel like wont ever be re-visited in the anime specifically, I'd like to instead note how "Adventurer" is just a full-on subclass instead of some kind of base status in this instance. Does that mean there are additional unlockable benefits to the State Of Existing As An Adventurer that nobody else has yet? Or is it really just something that occured for circumstance?
Furthermore, exactly what does it say when he pulls up his subclass? The wiki lists the subclass abilities as stuff like the ability to respawn, use Call of Home, etc.

• Locked thread