Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Suburban Dad
Jan 10, 2007

Well what's attached to a leash that it made itself?
The punchline is the way that you've been fuckin' yourself

CommieGIR posted:

Going to send off the two old radiators to be rebuilt and refurbished for spares.

What's this cost? I've never tried that, just tossed them for junk. :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Suburban Dad
Jan 10, 2007

It's difficult to measure how much got all over the floor.

Suburban Dad
Jan 10, 2007

Injector upgrade? :shrug:

Suburban Dad
Jan 10, 2007

Seat Safety Switch posted:

Whoa, painting parts. Someone's going to Pebble Beach.

lol'd too much at this.

Suburban Dad
Jan 10, 2007

Came to tell you to keep posting cool updates, then chuckled at your nerdy license plate.

Suburban Dad
Jan 10, 2007

goddamn is that engine pretty far forward.

Looks good.

Suburban Dad
Jan 10, 2007

CommieGIR posted:

Its working excellent, there's some things I have to fix:

Current list:
1. I need a GM Intake Air Temp Sensor. The VW/Audi stock one reads wrong due to the resistance values GM uses versus VW uses (and since Megasquirt was built around GM builds, I either have to change the temp map on the chip or just switch to a GM)
2. Idle Valve isn't triggering. This may be an issue with the way Megasquirt determines when to open the Idle Valve (based on temperature), but once it warms up it no longer needs the idle valve.

I have to stick with the MS1 if I want to continue to trigger fuel only from the Coil -, because if I switch to the MS2 (a simple chip replacement) it has to be triggered from the Hall sensor. I don't want to go that route right now, although I built my wiring harness assuming I would go that way eventually.

I thought you were able to put in the scaling for your specific sensor if you knew the resistance vs. temp values, but it's been awhile.

Suburban Dad
Jan 10, 2007

Wow, you got it running decently enough without one? That will make it easy mode when you can do the live closed loop VE tuning in Tunerstudio. Just hit a load for a few seconds and bam, VE is good to go based on your AFR set point and timing. Totally worth the money and I don't know how you expected to tune it correctly without it. It's like flying blind.

Suburban Dad
Jan 10, 2007

What are your MS issues? I wouldn't give up on it just yet. If you're the first or one of the first doing it on your specific car it's going to be tough to sort out but still probably doable. If it's just tune related then I'm sure you can get it sorted. That part isn't really too car specific if everything else is working.

Suburban Dad
Jan 10, 2007

Did you build the test board and verify that everything with the wiring/board is good? Sorry if I missed that earlier in the thread if it's there. Otherwise you can play with accel enrichment once you have your base spark/fuel map decent. Do you have det cans or anything to do timing optimization?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Suburban Dad
Jan 10, 2007

CommieGIR posted:

Got a line on a 3B wiring harness and ECU. Gonna go that route instead of Megasquirt.

:( Sucks you couldn't get it to work.

• Locked thread