Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Alabamarama
Aug 22, 2013
It's probably worth fixing/replacing the idle valve on the 3B, but fwiw I have had excellent results using the "cracked open throttle body with adjustment screw" trick using megasquirt.

Keep up the good work. As a fellow 20v audi owner I love to see this thread progress.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alabamarama
Aug 22, 2013
Is it anything like the one on the AAN? I'll have a look a d see if I have a spare if you still haven't figured it out by next week (I'm out of town at the moment)

I set the butterfly valve on my car running megasquirt so that it idled at 900rpm at ~60°F. When it was ~30°F it would idle at roughly 1000rpm and when it was ~90°F it would idle at roughly 800rpm. I may have those backwards but point is it worked great.

Alabamarama
Aug 22, 2013
Just in case you were thinking of buying one...

I recently had my fancy Tommis billet adjustable cam gear throw a bolt, which then lodged between the crank timing gear and the oil pump housing. Carnage ensued.

If you want to adjust cam timing, I would probably go for the adjustable gears that the little chain rides on. I haven't been impressed by the fit of Tommis billet products. Doesn't clear the upper timing cover either.

So far my mileage record between breakdowns stands at 917 miles. It's such a nice car when it works though.

• Locked thread